ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

delayed Croydon PEO, (HSMP JR) economically active(self empl

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

imdabs
Newly Registered

delayed Croydon PEO, (HSMP JR) economically active(self empl

Post by imdabs » Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:17 am

Hi All,

I did apply for ILR under self employed HSMP( JR) at Croydon PEO..
Nice lady CW was going all well but then she was somehow not satisfied with my accountant's letter confirming that I have filed my self-employed return for the year 2010-2011 to check if i was economically active on 8th feb 2011 when my 4 years completed) she even checked with her manager who wanted something from HMRC...

now she has given me a letter saying "Please provide evidence that you were economically active on 8th feb 2011" and I need to give that with in 14 days.
And she suggested that I show that letter to HMRC and ask for the letter.

I did talk to HMRC they can only give SA302.. but it just shows these figures :
Total income received: 0
Total income on which tax is due: 0
total income on which tax has been charged: 0

( i had loss in that year)...

So as per seniors.. what are my options?? should I get p&L of that year from accountant . or something else to that i was economically active on that day....

a letter from my supplier that they provided the services which i did resell..

or sa302

alll above...
or should try to get some different letter from HMRC (

thanks in advance for help..

imdabs
Newly Registered

Any one??

Post by imdabs » Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:58 am

ust to update..I am getting that years book formally done by an accountant..(earlier i had done self accounting)..

joh892

Post by joh892 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:57 pm

If you are economically active and your business had a loss for the period, I would recommend you prepare accounts for the period you have been trading, have then certified by an accountant. In addition, if you have previously prepared a tax return and submitted it to HMRC, get a copy of that return plus an acknowledgement from HMRC that the return was received. Send all these to UKBA.

I also think if you can prepare a cashflow and then cross reference this to your actual cash received (bank statement or cash ledger) from your sales or services provided, this could prove you are indeed economically active.

katwmn6

Post by katwmn6 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:29 pm

Is it normal for CWs to ask for evidence that applicants were "economically active" several years ago??

I thought you only had to provide income evidence from the preceding year...?

katwmn6

Post by katwmn6 » Wed May 08, 2013 7:34 pm

katwmn6 wrote:Is it normal for CWs to ask for evidence that applicants were "economically active" several years ago??

Any replies on this?

imdabs any update on your situation?

onabanjo

Post by onabanjo » Fri May 10, 2013 12:12 pm

katwmn6 wrote:Is it normal for CWs to ask for evidence that applicants were "economically active" several years ago??

This requirement only relate to HSMP (Judicial review) that means those that were granted HSMP AND have valid leave of entry as at April 1st 2006. Their own requirement is that they MUST be economically active through out the period of their stay prior to grant of ILR but this strigent requirement is not applicable to subsequent applicants after this period rather applicants after the period should certify that they are active in 12 out of 15months to their application date of ILR.
Disclaimer: I am no immigration lawyer nor am I OISC qualified. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion.