ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BIOMETRIC REGISTRATION

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sahoong
Newly Registered

BIOMETRIC REGISTRATION

Post by sahoong » Thu May 09, 2013 8:42 am

Hello,

I need a clarification as to whether an applicant who applied when there is no Biometric Registration and whose application is still being treated by UKBA could be asked to enrol her biometric by force. This seems to me like retrospectively applying a rule. When I made my SET(O) application in 2008, there was no biometric registration for SET(O) applicants. Do someone know a section of law that I could use to stop them from forcing me to enrol my biometric?

Thanks.

Sahoong

peppekalle

Post by peppekalle » Thu May 09, 2013 8:56 am

Why don't you want to give your biometrics?
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... ber/60-brp

We have been rolling out biometric residence permits to different visa categories over the last 4 years. This means that applicants have been enrolling their biometric information (fingerprints and facial images) to apply for a biometric residence permit at the same time as making their application to stay in the UK. Some people will have applied to stay in the UK before there was a requirement to provide biometric information in their category, and will not have provided their biometric information. If these people are granted permission to stay on or after 1 December 2012, either at first consideration or after a successful appeal, they will need to apply for a biometric residence permit.

sahoong
Newly Registered

Post by sahoong » Thu May 09, 2013 9:44 am

It is not the biometric enrolment that is the problem but I am just finding a way to challenge their ruthlessness with me. I applied on SET(0) on 30 October 2008 and this year, they wrote me that they would give me visa valid till 23 July 2013 and that I should go and enrol my biometric. Its the duration that I want to challenge and I want to find what I can add together to lauch a formidable challenge. If they want to give me an ILR, I don't have any problem with them taking my biometric. Infact, they have taken my biometrics on my Tier 1 application which I made after that ILR. They have my biometric with them.

They are claiming that the extension that they want to give me is to match what my wife currently have. But when they earlier refused me, all these while my wife has a valid stay and they never thought it as appropriate to give me the visa because she has a long visa then. But right now that she has till July 23 to renew, they now decide that they would issue me up to the time that her visa is expiring. Also, it took them almost 5 years to decide this application but now, they only want to grant me less than 5 months (the communication was sent in February) but I filed a judicial review which they want to settle out of court.

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Thu May 09, 2013 4:28 pm

Biometrics enrollment is the part of application for all pbs categories even ILR too now. Without it an application will not be processed.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

sahoong
Newly Registered

Post by sahoong » Thu May 09, 2013 5:18 pm

Thanks guys. Much appreciated.

peppekalle

Post by peppekalle » Thu May 09, 2013 5:28 pm

sahoong wrote:It is not the biometric enrolment that is the problem but I am just finding a way to challenge their ruthlessness with me. I applied on SET(0) on 30 October 2008 and this year, they wrote me that they would give me visa valid till 23 July 2013 and that I should go and enrol my biometric. Its the duration that I want to challenge and I want to find what I can add together to lauch a formidable challenge. If they want to give me an ILR, I don't have any problem with them taking my biometric. Infact, they have taken my biometrics on my Tier 1 application which I made after that ILR. They have my biometric with them.

They are claiming that the extension that they want to give me is to match what my wife currently have. But when they earlier refused me, all these while my wife has a valid stay and they never thought it as appropriate to give me the visa because she has a long visa then. But right now that she has till July 23 to renew, they now decide that they would issue me up to the time that her visa is expiring. Also, it took them almost 5 years to decide this application but now, they only want to grant me less than 5 months (the communication was sent in February) but I filed a judicial review which they want to settle out of court.
I can understand your anger and frustration.Get legal help don't try and fight them on your own.

If the terms are suitable i would settle out of court.