ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

[Confusion] wife's change of name and ILR application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

fslateef

[Confusion] wife's change of name and ILR application

Post by fslateef » Wed May 08, 2013 3:40 pm

Hi,

I have a confusion/question regarding my dependent's name change (after marriage) for ILR application due in March 2014 (next year):

-- I am on Tier-1 General visa (and my dependents are T1G dependent) and got 2nd extension 2-months ago due to short-fall. Now the issue is:

-- For my both extensions in PBS dependent form for my wife I left "other names" field blank as her first passport was made after marriage with new name and initial visa was also mentioning current/after-marriage name _and_ I forgot that the marriage certificate I am submitting with each application/extension has her old name mentioned. I realized this just now.

-- I am now confused that when applying for family ILR application should I again leave "other names" fields blank OR fill them ? Also I don't have any specific document/prove mentioning that her name is changed due to some reason.

Can someone/seniors suggest me what to do ? If I need to mention it now then should I add a covering letter giving details why I forogt to mention this in my extension applications ? And what sort of prove I need to submit for this.

Thanks,

Fawad Lateef

fslateef

Post by fslateef » Thu May 09, 2013 9:57 am

Can anyone help me out ? Or please let me know if my question is not clear.

Thanks in advance