ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Re apply or Appeal ?

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Drabie123
Newly Registered

Re apply or Appeal ?

Post by Drabie123 » Thu May 09, 2013 11:51 am

Hi guys,

This is just to hear your thought. Considering the lenght of time appeal hearing process could last for, i will think its best to re apply as it might be faster ?
Your thoughts please ?

njb1989
Newly Registered

Post by njb1989 » Thu May 09, 2013 11:59 am

Exactly what me and my friend are considering. Been waiting over 6 months..but as as her funds are located overseas, I have heard it can take from 7-9 months (or longer ) to get decision.

She is considering going back home and apply again, where she can:
1. Be with family
2. work and earn money/experience as she waits
3. Put together a new stronger application based on new rules (when she applied last time it was before Jan so no business plan required... but no it looks like this is necessary.)

Anyway she isn't decided, and I'm fully aware that just below there is a thread for people who have been waiting since January.... but on the whole it says a decision is much quicker if you applied in 2013.

When did you apply?

rayuk
United Kingdom

Post by rayuk » Thu May 09, 2013 12:32 pm

That's a Catch-22 situation I guess where many of us are in.
Guess you have to balance wait time, cost, effort of re-application etc. to your individual circumstances before making this choice. Also not sure how UKBA will handle return of original documents for a re-application.