ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

NHS bill outstanding?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

dunc
Newly Registered

NHS bill outstanding?

Post by dunc » Mon May 06, 2013 4:44 pm

Hi,

My fiancé and I are getting married next month and are in the middle of completing the application form. I am English and my fiancé is from the Seychelles.

Earlier this year my fiancé was in the UK and had to be admitted to hospital. We answered all the questions asked on admission and fully expected a bill. No bill ever came!

Will this be held against us? I know if you have an outstanding bill you can be refused but we haven't had a bill

Any help?
Thanks

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Mon May 06, 2013 5:08 pm

You have not said what treatment or type of service she received. There would not be a charge for an emergency attendance at an the A&E.

dunc
Newly Registered

Post by dunc » Mon May 06, 2013 9:56 pm

We found we were having a baby, so there were several check ups.

Then unfortunately at 5 months we lost the baby.

The check ups were not emergency, the last part was.

Thanks

PinkFloyd

Post by PinkFloyd » Thu May 09, 2013 12:38 pm

From my personal experience in a similar situation, you will have to take the initiative and chase up with the overseas visitor co-ordinator of the relevant hospital. She will present you with the form checking for the eligibility for free treatment and you will have to list down all the visits to the midwife and scans carried out. Then they will issue a invoice which you can pay either by cash or card and be given a receipt.

We have to approach NHS on our own and keep the process moving albeit through mails and calls.