ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Keisha

Post by Keisha » Thu May 09, 2013 10:57 am

@Onlyme...Keep on believing for God is fighting ur battles and stay optimistic.All the best with ur application!!

cookies
Scotland

Post by cookies » Thu May 09, 2013 11:37 am

fantastic news! Congrats Prince!!!

lucky02
Newly Registered

FLR(O) Discretionary

Post by lucky02 » Thu May 09, 2013 1:53 pm

Hi all,
I have been following this site for over a month now, and i have decided to add my time line, am married to a British lady and have a 4 month old British daughter as well, i got married to my partner in Nigeria last year just after the rule change, so decided to make my application here in the uk, because my partner do not meet the financial threshold.
Here is my time line

Date Applied/Docs sent: 05/04/13
Date Received Ack. Letter: 15/04/13
Date Biometrics booking letter arrived: 15/04/2013
Date Biometrics Done at PO : 17/04/2013
Date Passport/Docs received from HO: Waiting
Date Biometrics received : Waiting
Visa Type : FLR(0)

Hoping for a good news.

cookies
Scotland

Re: FLR(O) Discretionary

Post by cookies » Thu May 09, 2013 1:59 pm

lucky02 wrote:Hi all,
I have been following this site for over a month now, and i have decided to add my time line, am married to a British lady and have a 4 month old British daughter as well, i got married to my partner in Nigeria last year just after the rule change, so decided to make my application here in the uk, because my partner do not meet the financial threshold.
Here is my time line

Hoping for a good news.
Wow, did you get both acknowledgment letter and biometrics letter at the same time?? welcome to the forum!

lucky02
Newly Registered

Post by lucky02 » Thu May 09, 2013 2:10 pm

Prince74 wrote:
babycakes wrote:
rec212 wrote:I guess we are all going to court then :)
oh my god ! is this for real what happened could you tell me what grounds you applied on and what grounds ungot refused on.

oh no!
I know that there are quite a number of members on this forum who have been following my posts, so I think I should inform you guys of the recent development concerning my dealings with the Home Office. First, I am pleased to inform you all that I have been granted 30 months leave to remain based on Appendix FM of the Immigration Rules. In the letter of grant which I just picked up from my solicitor's office a couple of hours ago, it states that the reasons for the grant are: (a) they are satisfied from the information I provided that while I am not the biological father of my partner's child, my partner and her child have been naturalised and I have married my partner, (b) In view of the child's length of residence, they are not satisfied that it would be reasonable to expect the child to leave the United Kingdom and because of our particular circumstances, they have granted me leave within the immigration rules under D-LTRP.1.2 of Appendix FM.

My battle with the Home Office has been a very lengthy one, and the process has cost me £4,608 in legal fees/home office application fee. I think it is important for me to explain my situation in detail:

In 2005 I met my partner, she had applied asylum in 2002. She was on legacy. In 2008, without any of us having status, we decided to get married in our church because even though neither of us had status, we wanted to live together as husband and wife. She had a child with her late husband and the child had become used to me and we wanted to give her some sort of stability by getting married and moving in together. In October 2009 (that was a year after our church wedding), the Home Office decided to grant her ILR on legacy. After she had been granted, that was only when I consulted a solicitor so that I can then regularise my own status. I consulted a solicitor in London in February 2010. Even though it had taken me 3 years to get my status, I still believe that this solicitor made such a wonderful representation on my behalf. I will be using them until I get my ILR in 10 years time.

In May 2010, my solicitor put in an FLR(O) on my behalf, this was based on Article 8. On July 7, 2010 this application was refused and right of appeal was not given. This was when the battle began - my solicitors wrote several letters, many of which the Home Office did not bother to reply. In July 2010, my solicitor asked the Home Office to review and reconsider the decision to refuse my application. In November 2010, the Home Office reviewed the decision but maintained its decision to refuse the application.

In July 2011, I contacted my MP (Theresa May). She asked me why don't I go and applied from my country. I told her bluntly that I have family here in the UK and it would be unreasonable to expect me to leave my family behind. In May 2011 we received an email from the Home Office telling us that they would reconsider the refusal "without unnecessary delay". In August 2011, I received a letter from Immigration Minister, Damian Green telling me that they can not expedite my reconsideration unless there is exceptional compassionate circumstances. Coincidentally, at the time I was seeing a psychologist, and the psychologist wrote that the main cause of my depression and anxiety is my immigration status in the UK. In September 2011, the Immigration Minister wrote back, saying that the depression and anxiety I suffer from is not compassionate enough, so they can not expedite action on my case.

In November 2011, my solicitor put in an EEA application based on Zambrano. After a very long wait, in March 2013 Zambrano was refused and appeal right given. We are appealing and the hearing has been fixed for 9th August 2013.

In frustration, I wrote letters, emails to the Home Secretary who is my MP. I called the Home Office every couple of months and the answer was always the same - "case under consideration, so you have to wait, UKBA will contact you". In February I wrote an email to the UKBA complaint department. In April I received a letter from the complaint department saying that a case worker is dealing with my case and the outcome would be communicated to me shortly. I bombarded my MP's office with emails. My MP's office contacted me in April to say that the Home Office has said to them that they are dealing with my case and they would get back to me shortly.

My mother became very unwell from March 27, 2013 and on the same day, I contacted my MP's office and demanded an urgent meeting with my MP. I informed them about my mother's illness. On April 30, 2013, I lost my mother whom I lost saw 10 years ago.

On May 3, 2013 a caseworker at the Home Office contacted my solicitor to say that they are looking at the human right element of my application and that the solicitor should fax a copy of a letter of representation which my solicitor had sent to them in October 2012. Immediately, my solicitor faxed the letter with attachments and she called me to update me.

Today, May 8th 2013, my solicitor contacted me that she had received a letter from the Home Office granting me 30 months leave to remain based on Appendix FM as stated above. No sooner had I received the call, within an hour and half, I was already in her office to collect the letter and fill out the Biometric Residence Card Form which she will be posting out to the Home Office tomorrow together with a copy of my mother's death certificate so that they can process the Biometric Residence Card without delay as my family is waiting for me, they can not bury my mother in my absence.

Dealing with the Home Office has been a nightmare and I would not wish it on my worst enemy. It has taken me 3 years.

I want to thank everyone whose word of encouragement has kept me sane. I knew nothing about immigration law until I joined this forum, today I can confidently say that I have learnt a lot from all of you. There are too many people to thank. I want to especially thank Mutly, Vinny, and all those whose names I cant remember at the moment.

You guy have been fantastic and I often wondered how I managed to cope for 3 years dealing with the UKBA. You guys made it easy for me.

Lots of love to you all.
Congrat prince, enjoy ur freedom

lucky02
Newly Registered

Post by lucky02 » Thu May 09, 2013 2:13 pm

cookies wrote:
Here is my time line

Hoping for a good news.
Wow, did you get both acknowledgment letter and biometrics letter at the same time?? welcome to the forum!
@cookies yes both came the same, was sent to my lawyer.

cookies
Scotland

Post by cookies » Thu May 09, 2013 2:14 pm

lucky02 wrote:
cookies wrote:
Here is my time line

Hoping for a good news.
Amazing, hope I get both soon too, tell us your story!

lucky02
Newly Registered

Post by lucky02 » Thu May 09, 2013 2:18 pm

cookies wrote:
lucky02 wrote:
cookies wrote:
Here is my time line

Hoping for a good news.
@cookies not sure if is because i first applied on 07/03/2013 but HO couldn't take the application fee from my account, so they return my document 3weeks after, so i reapplied 05/04/2013

oishola77778

Post by oishola77778 » Thu May 09, 2013 2:34 pm

FLR(O) 2013 - Marriage based extension Timeline

Application sent: 7th May 2013
App received by home office: 8th May 2013
Payment taken: 9th May 2013.
Ack letter: waiting
Biometrics letter received: waiting
Biometrics done: waiting
Final outcome: waiting

Guys please watch out for a record breaking positive application, and I pray this month will be positive month for ALL in this forum that have been waiting. :D :)

lucky02
Newly Registered

Post by lucky02 » Thu May 09, 2013 2:37 pm

lucky02 wrote:
cookies wrote:
lucky02 wrote:
cookies wrote:
@cookies not sure if is because i first applied on 07/03/2013 but HO couldn't take the application fee from my account, so they return my document 3weeks after, so i reapplied 05/04/2013
i have a visiting visa, a 5yrs visiting visa which will expire in 2015, but i gave my document to the lawyer i first used 2weeks before the 6months limit,but the lawyer delay my application, he lied to me that he had submit the application 06/02/13, the HO didnt take money from account so i kept calling and pestering him that money has not been taken from my account, so he told me that we fill the wrong application form which was FLRM, that he called HO and they say i have to fill the form FLRO, so that was the application they couldnt get money for in my account and they return my document, so i change the lawyer and use another lawyer went i made the application of 05/04/13, the previous lawyer didnt give me my money back, but i have to let it go because i feel he is in-competent for him to fill the wrong application initially, i still feel he is lying and that he didn't submit the FLRM because HO will first take there money before even looking at your application.

cookies
Scotland

Post by cookies » Thu May 09, 2013 2:43 pm

oishola77778 wrote:FLR(O) 2013 - Marriage based extension Timeline

Guys please watch out for a record breaking positive application, and I pray this month will be positive month for ALL in this forum that have been waiting. :D :)
we have similar timelines! Looks like we'll be waiting for the same things together!

lucky02
Newly Registered

Post by lucky02 » Thu May 09, 2013 2:51 pm

cookies wrote:

we have similar timelines! Looks like we'll be waiting for the same things together!
@cookies alright...God will give us both good news, i wish they didn't change the rule last year dou, because i would have applied back home and it would have only take 1month to get a response.

oishola77778

Post by oishola77778 » Thu May 09, 2013 3:23 pm

@ lucky02

It is a possibility for home office not to take payment if they acknowledge that your application was completed on a wrong form, we have seen situations on this forum where it took home office almost 1month to collect payment for applications, I would assume applications need to be validated before payment is taken.

what i can suggest if you want to be sure, speak to the solicitor and ask for the letter that came from the homeoffice with your returned document, it is your right to have all documents relating to your case since you paid for the service rendered, failure to produce such document then you can be sure something is fishy, I would rather you let such solicitor understand you will need a refund of your money say within 72 hours of notification, and please make sure you do this both verbal and written (post recorded delivery to his / her firm to ensure receipt), explain in the letter that you will be reporting the matter to OISC if he fail to credit you back with payment collected from you, I am assuming you have proof of payment to confirm he/she actually collected payment for such service in the first place.

Keep the forum updated on this, am sure you will smile eventually.

oishola77778

Post by oishola77778 » Thu May 09, 2013 3:28 pm

cookies wrote:

How did you make your payment? credit / debit card?? postal order or cheque? is your application extension or fresh?? we surely have same timeline buddie.

pepper04

OH MY GOD!!!!!!!1

Post by pepper04 » Thu May 09, 2013 3:31 pm

I just got a call from my solicitor and i have been granted DLR extension. There is a go out there thank you thank you thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aww guys thank you so much for your support i cant thank you guys enough......

cookies
Scotland

Re: OH MY GOD!!!!!!!1

Post by cookies » Thu May 09, 2013 3:41 pm

pepper04 wrote:I just got a call from my solicitor and i have been granted DLR extension. There is a go out there thank you thank you thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yay Pepper! congratulations!!

pepper04

Post by pepper04 » Thu May 09, 2013 3:52 pm

cookies wrote:
pepper04 wrote:I just got a call from my solicitor and i have been granted DLR extension. There is a go out there thank you thank you thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thats complaint to the Ombudsman definitely worked. i am so grateful. Thank you God!!!!

cookies
Scotland

Post by cookies » Thu May 09, 2013 3:54 pm

pepper04 wrote:
cookies wrote:

Thats complaint to the Ombudsman definitely worked. i am so grateful. Thank you God!!!!
How long did you have to wait since you submitted your application, pepper?

lucky02
Newly Registered

Post by lucky02 » Thu May 09, 2013 3:57 pm

pepper04 wrote:
cookies wrote:

@pepper congrats...enjoy your freedom again, after long wait seems people are getting result again, i hope these continues and get to everyone of us.

lenn83

Post by lenn83 » Thu May 09, 2013 4:21 pm

pepper04 wrote:
cookies wrote:

CONGRATZ, Pepper!! Couldn't be happier for you!!
I applied just one week after you, received the biometrics letter and enrolled my biometrics same day as you. But still heard nothing yet.. :cry:

justice12
Algeria

Post by justice12 » Thu May 09, 2013 4:28 pm

congrats , well done did you get another 3 years ?

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Thu May 09, 2013 4:30 pm

Congrats hun your news has given me hope that i will hear from them soon.. we have got a similar timeline.... congrats once more

pepper04

Post by pepper04 » Thu May 09, 2013 4:30 pm

cookies wrote:
pepper04 wrote:
cookies wrote:

Just over 6 months. I applied end if October and did my biometrics on the 7th of March.

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Thu May 09, 2013 4:40 pm

I contact Rob Whiteman this morning via email and this is the reply i got from him this evening from his assistant... Dear Miss, Thank you for your email to rob whiteman, i have been ask to reply, Firstly on the behalf of the homeoffice i would like to apologise to you for the delay in your application. From our case information database i can see that you have made a formal complaint about the delay in determining your application and there's little i can do to add to that. Am afraid that during 2012 the number of applications we received across a number of migration routes was higher than anticipated and this as led to a delay in processing them. We have recruited additional staff to assist us in reducing waiting times and we have committed to resolving the outstanding applications by the summer.

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Thu May 09, 2013 4:49 pm

pepper04 wrote:
cookies wrote:
pepper04 wrote:
cookies wrote:
Just over 6 months. I applied end if October and did my biometrics on the 7th of March.
I applied 5th october 2012 done biometric 1st march 2013 (extension)