ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Query regarding my status

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Dan22
Newly Registered

Query regarding my status

Post by Dan22 » Thu May 09, 2013 1:57 pm

I need some clarification regarding my status. I am a Dependant of my mother who recently became an Irish Citizen. We would like to know if we can change my stamp 3 to stamp 4 and if it's possible or I'm entitled to do so since she's now Irish? The reason why she'd like to change my status is so that I can find a Job easily no need for a long process of work permit etc... Anyone on the same boat and if anyone could clear this up with process and stuff?

adlexy

Re: Query regarding my status

Post by adlexy » Thu May 09, 2013 2:56 pm

Dan22 wrote:I am a Dependant of my mother who recently became an Irish Citizen.
The valid question to ask here is are you 18 or older? This is because there is a limit to what your Mum can do as you would be considered an adult.
Dan22 wrote: We would like to know if we can change my stamp 3 to stamp 4 and if it's possible or I'm entitled to do so since she's now Irish?
It is very unlikely that the change in your Mim's status can automatically confer a new status on you. However, I am not certain and it will be great if someone who knows can offer some insight here.

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Thu May 09, 2013 3:15 pm

Dan22 wrote:I need some clarification regarding my status. I am a Dependant of my mother who recently became an Irish Citizen. We would like to know if we can change my stamp 3 to stamp 4 and if it's possible or I'm entitled to do so since she's now Irish?
Yes you can. Family member of an Irish (EU) Citizen is entitled to Stamp 4.
I oppose stereotype, prejudice, xenophobe, judgmental, Ignorance, and beloved.

Dan22
Newly Registered

Post by Dan22 » Thu May 09, 2013 3:22 pm

adlexy wrote:
Dan22 wrote:I am a Dependant of my mother who recently became an Irish Citizen.
The valid question to ask here is are you 18 or older? This is because there is a limit to what your Mum can do as you would be considered an adult.
Dan22 wrote: We would like to know if we can change my stamp 3 to stamp 4 and if it's possible or I'm entitled to do so since she's now Irish?
It is very unlikely that the change in your Mim's status can automatically confer a new status on you. However, I am not certain and it will be great if someone who knows can offer some insight here.

I am 23 years of age and living in Ireland for 7 years and still on a stamp 3

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Thu May 09, 2013 3:24 pm

Dan22 wrote:I am 23 years of age and living in Ireland for 7 years and still on a stamp 3
Go get yourself a Stamp 4! :)

Dan22
Newly Registered

Post by Dan22 » Thu May 09, 2013 3:27 pm

IntegratedMigrant wrote:
Dan22 wrote:I need some clarification regarding my status. I am a Dependant of my mother who recently became an Irish Citizen. We would like to know if we can change my stamp 3 to stamp 4 and if it's possible or I'm entitled to do so since she's now Irish?
Is it possible for you to provide a link with this info?

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Thu May 09, 2013 4:35 pm

Dan22 wrote:Is it possible for you to provide a link with this info?
Write a letter to DoJ (INIS), explaining the change of circumstance with relevant documents attached. Your stamp can be s=changed in that way.

You could also go to the immigration office with your mum and relevant documents.

dublin3
- thin ice -

Post by dublin3 » Thu May 09, 2013 5:47 pm

Dan22 wrote:I need some clarification regarding my status. I am a Dependant of my mother who recently became an Irish Citizen. We would like to know if we can change my stamp 3 to stamp 4 and if it's possible or I'm entitled to do so since she's now Irish? The reason why she'd like to change my status is so that I can find a Job easily no need for a long process of work permit etc... Anyone on the same boat and if anyone could clear this up with process and stuff?
Hi Dan,
Children over 18 years dependent on their parents can not change their status from stamp 3 to 4. You have to spend 5 years on stamp 3 and then you can apply for citizenship.
Why immigration didn't give you stamp 2 if you came as a dependent child.

Dan22
Newly Registered

Post by Dan22 » Thu May 09, 2013 5:48 pm

IntegratedMigrant wrote:
Dan22 wrote:Is it possible for you to provide a link with this info?
Write a letter to DoJ (INIS), explaining the change of circumstance with relevant documents attached. Your stamp can be s=changed in that way.

You could also go to the immigration office with your mum and relevant documents.
Hopefully... You are being very helpful thanks a million! :)

Dan22
Newly Registered

Post by Dan22 » Thu May 09, 2013 5:50 pm

dublin3 wrote:
Dan22 wrote:I need some clarification regarding my status. I am a Dependant of my mother who recently became an Irish Citizen. We would like to know if we can change my stamp 3 to stamp 4 and if it's possible or I'm entitled to do so since she's now Irish? The reason why she'd like to change my status is so that I can find a Job easily no need for a long process of work permit etc... Anyone on the same boat and if anyone could clear this up with process and stuff?
Hi Dan,
Children over 18 years dependent on their parents can not change their status from stamp 3 to 4. You have to spend 5 years on stamp 3 and then you can apply for citizenship.
Why immigration didn't give you stamp 2 if you came as a dependent child.
Because 2 is for student 3 is for Spousal/Dependant.

dublin3
- thin ice -

Post by dublin3 » Thu May 09, 2013 5:52 pm

Dan22 wrote:
IntegratedMigrant wrote:
Family members of an Irish citizen have no direct right to stamp 4.
Example: If I am an Irish citizen and my Non Eu Mother visiting me here in Ireland will not be able to change her stamp to 4.

Dan22
Newly Registered

Post by Dan22 » Thu May 09, 2013 5:52 pm

Loads of different response of post I'm really not sure if I'm allowed or not... >.> :(

Dan22
Newly Registered

Post by Dan22 » Thu May 09, 2013 5:54 pm

dublin3 wrote:
Dan22 wrote:
IntegratedMigrant wrote:
Example: If I am an Irish citizen and my Non Eu Mother visiting me here in Ireland will not be able to change her stamp to 4.
but I'm a dependant though and I came here 7 years ago.

dublin3
- thin ice -

Post by dublin3 » Thu May 09, 2013 5:59 pm

Dan22 wrote:
dublin3 wrote:
Dan22 wrote:
IntegratedMigrant wrote: Yes you can. Family member of an Irish (EU) Citizen is entitled to Stamp 4.
You are eligible to apply for a naturalisation.
as a dependent child time spent on stamp 2 and stamp 3 is counted towards naturalisation.
I hope that helps.

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Thu May 09, 2013 6:01 pm

Dan22 wrote:but I'm a dependant though and I came here 7 years ago.
Not to go any further about your eligibility with Stamp 4, simply go to INIS office tomorrow and ask them yourself? You will know directly if you're entitled to it or not and keep us updated.

Dan22
Newly Registered

Post by Dan22 » Thu May 09, 2013 6:02 pm

I got this information on Citizensinformation.ie
http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/mo ... eland.html

People who are allowed to work in Ireland
EU Treaty Rights

If you are a non-EEA family member of an EEA or Swiss citizen, who meets the requirements as laid out in the European Communities (Free Movement of Persons) Regulations 2006 and 2008, you must apply to the Irish Naturalisation and Immigration Service (INIS) for permission to remain under EU Treaty Rights – see ‘How to apply’ below.

When you register with the GNIB or your local registration office the Certificate of Registration that you receive will be a residence card with the wording 4 EU FAM (that is, the residence card of a family member of an EU citizen). As a holder of this card 4 EU FAM, you will be visa-exempt even if you are a visa-required national and you do not need an employment permit or business permission.

Non-EEA family members of an EU national will be given a temporary stamp 4 while waiting for applications under EU Treaty Rights to be processed but this is currently (2011) under review. Stamp 4 allows you to take up employment in Ireland.

Employment permit for 5 years

Since 28 August 2009 if you have worked on a work permit for 5 consecutive years you will no longer need a permit to work in Ireland. You should apply to your local immigration officer – see ‘How to apply’ below – who will issue you with a stamp 4 immigration permission for one year. This permission may be renewed annually and it will allow you to take up any employment or self-employment. Further details about this immigration permission are available on the INIS website.

Other eligible categories

If you are in Ireland as the spouse, civil partner or dependant of an Irish or other EEA national, or of a Swiss national, you will get a stamp 4, which means that you will not need an employment permit or business permission. When you register with the local immigration office, the Certificate of Registration (GNIB card) that you receive will be a residence document.

You will also get stamp 4 if you come under one of the following categories: Convention or Programme refugees; former asylum seekers granted leave to remain.

This stamp also applies if you are on an intra-company transfer. The length of time that this stamp is valid will depend on your circumstances.

Most non-EEA doctors working for the public health service will be given stamp 1 for 2 years when they first register or when they re-register with their local immigration office. Doctors who already have stamp 4 can have their stamp 4 renewed for 2 years.

dublin3
- thin ice -

Post by dublin3 » Thu May 09, 2013 6:03 pm

Dan22 wrote:
dublin3 wrote:
Dan22 wrote:
IntegratedMigrant wrote: Yes you can. Family member of an Irish (EU) Citizen is entitled to Stamp 4.
And if you don't want to apply for naturalisation then you can apply for Stamp 5 when you finish you 96 months in Ireland on stamp 3
here is the link
http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Wi ... dorsements

Dan22
Newly Registered

Post by Dan22 » Thu May 09, 2013 6:24 pm

I also found this from the site

It's probably best if we're gonna ask the Local Immigration tomorrow regarding this.

Thanks to you all! :)

dublin3
- thin ice -

Post by dublin3 » Thu May 09, 2013 7:48 pm

Dan22 wrote:I also found this from the site

It's probably best if we're gonna ask the Local Immigration tomorrow regarding this.

Wish you best of Luck Dan22!!

courny

Post by courny » Thu May 09, 2013 8:37 pm

Dan22 wrote:Loads of different response of post I'm really not sure if I'm allowed or not... >.> :(
hey listen,
you are entitled to stamp 4
i was on the same boat as you, was on stamp 2 while studying in trinity, parents got citizenship.
i wrote to the spouse of irish national unit asking for change of stamp and they approved it.
i was 25 at the time and was always on a stamp 2 for 9 years before that.
YOU ARE ENTITLED TO STAMP 4

courny

Post by courny » Thu May 09, 2013 8:42 pm

Dan22 wrote:I also found this from the site

send your passport, mums passport, birth certificate to prove relationship, proof of address, personal request from you. its very straight forward.
you could also call the spouse of irish national unit an speak to them.
the GNIB officer will no change your status. they will ask you to write to the department and come back once you have the stamp 4 approval letter. you will also have to pay fees as you are over 18.
they will initially approve you for 3 years so make sure your passport is valid for long enough.

side note: since you have already had stamp 3 for over 5 years you are already entitled to apply for citizenship

Dan22
Newly Registered

Post by Dan22 » Thu May 09, 2013 11:11 pm

courny wrote:
Dan22 wrote:Loads of different response of post I'm really not sure if I'm allowed or not... >.> :(
hey listen,
i was on the same boat as you, was on stamp 2 while studying in trinity, parents got citizenship.
i wrote to the spouse of irish national unit asking for change of stamp and they approved it.
Omg! Thanks a lot!!! I'm feeling way more confident now. :D Have you got a skype mate or at least an Email? I really need a help with a letter and some documents. How long before you get a response from them? Irish National Unit? Is that INIS or something?

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Fri May 10, 2013 1:00 am

courny wrote:
hey listen,
Great info to the OP!

courny

Post by courny » Fri May 10, 2013 6:24 pm

Medical Insurance
Original passports (Recent and old)
2 passport sized photographs (signed at the back)
Copy of Irish passport of parent
Original birth certificate
Proof of address (bank statement and a utility bill)

sent to this office with a cover letter requesting stan change

Spouse of Irish National Unit
Immigration Services Section
Irish Naturalisation and Immigration Service
3rd Floor, 13/14 Burgh Quay
Dublin 2

INISsinu@justice.ie

Dan22
Newly Registered

Post by Dan22 » Fri May 10, 2013 6:27 pm

courny wrote:Medical Insurance
Original passports (Recent and old)
2 passport sized photographs (signed at the back)
Copy of Irish passport of parent
Original birth certificate
Proof of address (bank statement and a utility bill)

sent to this office with a cover letter requesting stan change

Spouse of Irish National Unit
Immigration Services Section
Irish Naturalisation and Immigration Service
3rd Floor, 13/14 Burgh Quay
Dublin 2

INISsinu@justice.ie

How long before they get back to you mate? Thanks a million for this! :D