ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can someone plss tell me abt family visitor visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kichu7
Newly Registered

Can someone plss tell me abt family visitor visa

Post by kichu7 » Thu May 09, 2013 7:14 pm

Hi , I have searched the forum and cant find tht wat exact amount do I need to show in my savings for my parents visa??

Wat amount should I show as a security deposit for them?

Please do help...

Thanks

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Thu May 09, 2013 7:19 pm

There is no tangible amount. It depends on overall cash flow and the length of the visit. Do they need your financial support; do they not have any means of their own?

kichu7
Newly Registered

Thanks for replying!!

Post by kichu7 » Thu May 09, 2013 7:39 pm

They will be showing some property details from their side. As i will sponsor them is it neccessary for me to show deposit of certain amount?? Rightnow I have 5000 gbp in my Indian acc, so is this sufficient??

Thnxx

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Thu May 09, 2013 8:21 pm

Sufficient for what type of lifestyle? What do they intend to do in the UK and for how long? I could spend 5K in one night given the right frame of mind. So asking if it is sufficient is not appropriate if we don't know their situation.

A sponsor is someone who is providing support. Are you a sponsor; do you need to be a sponsor? Will they depend on your financial support; in other words, do they not have any money or income of their own? It would be better if they showed their own bank statements (if they have any) as that will indicate they are not dependant on you and therefore not likely to abandon their current situation to remain in the UK.

kichu7
Newly Registered

Post by kichu7 » Thu May 09, 2013 8:54 pm

Thanks for replying!!

Its obvious they r coming to visit us and will be seeing around UK. I only wanted to knw tht if theres any specific mandatory requirement from UKBA for the sponsor to show it in the bank acc...
I got ur point....
Thanks anyways