ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation Questions

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Re: Documents required

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Tue May 07, 2013 9:29 am

courny wrote:
IntegratedMigrant wrote:
courny wrote:my application has been with some "certification team" since september 2012. you could be waiting months. so dont get your hopes too high and expect to be invited to the next ceremony. ull be lucky if you are. do let me know.
Each application/case is treated differently so his hopes can be too high!
yeah depending on how lazy or efficient the person is who is dealing with your application.
You must know that there is no huge backlogs anymore as it use to be. If your application is delayed for more than 1 year now then I'll force myself to believe that something was found in your PULSE record.

Regardless what has been found on your record, it must delay your application due to the process.
I oppose stereotype, prejudice, xenophobe, judgmental, Ignorance, and beloved.

courny

Post by courny » Tue May 07, 2013 8:53 pm

IntegratedMigrant wrote:
courny wrote:
IntegratedMigrant wrote:
courny wrote:my application has been with some "certification team" since september 2012. you could be waiting months. so dont get your hopes too high and expect to be invited to the next ceremony. ull be lucky if you are. do let me know.
Each application/case is treated differently so his hopes can be too high!
yeah depending on how lazy or efficient the person is who is dealing with your application.
You must know that there is no huge backlogs anymore as it use to be. If your application is delayed for more than 1 year now then I'll force myself to believe that something was found in your PULSE record.

Regardless what has been found on your record, it must delay your application due to the process.

ahahhahah you will force yourself to believe! :P
seriously?
I have a clean record! I am a dentist, went to school here, studied in Trinity!
To even be on the dental register I need to have an absolutely clean record.
so if you really think that something has been found on my PULSE record you are wrong my friend.
no penalty points 5 years driving. never been pulled over by garda. always taxed/insured. never been involved with authorities anywhere. no gaps in immigration stamps, not even a single day!
I was 15 when i moved to ireland. and i am 27 now!
so there is nothing on the PULSE record for me :)

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Tue May 07, 2013 10:22 pm

courny wrote:ahahhahah you will force yourself to believe! :P
seriously?
so if you really think that something has been found on my PULSE record you are wrong my friend.
no penalty points 5 years driving. never been pulled over by garda. always taxed/insured. never been involved with authorities anywhere. no gaps in immigration stamps, not even a single day!
You might just never know

courny

Post by courny » Tue May 07, 2013 10:28 pm

IntegratedMigrant wrote:
courny wrote:ahahhahah you will force yourself to believe! :P
seriously?
You might just never know

ahahahha.... i still wonder why the delay.
I know for a fact its just some lazy INIS individual dealing with my case. my whole family is Irish( mum dad brother sister).
i pay ALOT in taxes. I employ people but people who have applied after me, living on social welfare with police records and never contributed to the economy or society in ireland become citizens long before i ever do!
doesn't make sense does it?

courny

Post by courny » Tue May 07, 2013 10:31 pm

oh yeah and one more thing. i took me 3 months to get a reference number for my application.

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Tue May 07, 2013 10:52 pm

courny wrote:oh yeah and one more thing. i took me 3 months to get a reference number for my application.
Ok since you aint buying the PULSE record as a reason of the delay, maybe you might buy that an INIS staff member just dont like you (application). They wished you never have applied for naturalisation and because of that delaying your application like hell. Well @courny, you just might believe whatever you wanna believe if it makes you feel better :)

moro1

Post by moro1 » Wed May 08, 2013 9:48 am

Maybe because me and courny, arrived to the state as minors might caused sons complications in the process, while it should be only an advantage! But well nothing surprises me anymore.

eternitate1903

Post by eternitate1903 » Wed May 08, 2013 6:17 pm

courny wrote:oh yeah and one more thing. i took me 3 months to get a reference number for my application.
why is this difference? I mean some people get reference numbers in 3 days, some in 3 months. And some acknowledgement letters say: "Initial processing done now you're at further processing stage", where some say: "We acked your documents, here's your reference number, and that's it". What's the difference here? Does anybody know?

kira83
Newly Registered

Post by kira83 » Wed May 08, 2013 9:49 pm

I dont think there is a proper system and it really depends on each individual working on each case what letter will be send out or when someone will move to the next stage.
I know someone who got her papers within 6 month, who has never worked in her life, Social Welfare is paying her house (because she and her husband pretend to be seperated - nobody is checking anyway), her husband is well known to the Gards ... but she becomes an irish citizen just after 6 month!!

So, honestly I dont think that each case is checked properly. If one of the INIS Staff has a good day - good for the applicant lying on their desk that day - if they have a bad day or your application comes to someone who is not so happy about foreigners becoming irish - dont wonder why things delay. It seems to me unfair and just a luck game.

By the way, that also explains corney waiting for so long, if it is true what he says (but why should he lay? Does that speed up his application?)

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Thu May 09, 2013 1:36 am

kira83 wrote:I dont think there is a proper system and it really depends on each individual working on each case what letter will be send out or when someone will move to the next stage.
I know someone who got her papers within 6 month, who has never worked in her life, Social Welfare is paying her house (because she and her husband pretend to be seperated - nobody is checking anyway), her husband is well known to the Gards ... but she becomes an irish citizen just after 6 month!!

So, honestly I dont think that each case is checked properly. If one of the INIS Staff has a good day - good for the applicant lying on their desk that day - if they have a bad day or your application comes to someone who is not so happy about foreigners becoming irish - dont wonder why things delay. It seems to me unfair and just a luck game.

By the way, that also explains corney waiting for so long, if it is true what he says (but why should he lay? Does that speed up his application?)
The woman you're talking about clearly does not have any offenses/criminal records as far as the system is concerned.
Being on Social welfare is an entitlement and not an offense!, also applicants is treated solely on their applications and their records, so that her husband has committed crimes as lengthy as my arms wont affect her application in anyway whatsoever!.

That she is scamming the social welfare system and has not yet being found out is the job of the department of Social Protection and not Department of Justice and Equality.

Each case is checked properly.

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Thu May 09, 2013 1:48 am

kira83 wrote:If one of the INIS Staff has a good day - good for the applicant lying on their desk that day - if they have a bad day or your application comes to someone who is not so happy about foreigners becoming irish - dont wonder why things delay. It seems to me unfair and just a luck game.
You're calling INIS staff member(s) dearly beloved are you? They are not!. Believe me, no dearly beloved would wanna be working in INIS office. They are not chained to the chair without the will to quit and you'll be surprise to know how many foreigners/applications they deal with on a daily basis.

Most people working with foreigners are actually the opposite of dearly beloved as they always enjoy dealing with foreigners.

courny

Post by courny » Thu May 09, 2013 8:09 pm

nothing is checked properly.

i know a husband and wife who got citizenship together. wife wrote date of marriage as 1980 and husband wrote date of marriage as 1981. if it was really checked properly they would have picked up on the discrepancy!

and i agree. its just depends on the INIS staff dealing with the application.
Yeah probably my person does not lie the way i look on paper on doesn't like something about me and is successfully torturing me :p

every time i call them i get, its different news. reports, garda clearance, financial checks, already gone to minister, garda checks, no info jus processing, further stages, its being processed, person dealing with file is on holidays etc etc.....

kira83
Newly Registered

Post by kira83 » Thu May 09, 2013 8:54 pm

IntegratedMigrant wrote:
kira83 wrote:If one of the INIS Staff has a good day - good for the applicant lying on their desk that day - if they have a bad day or your application comes to someone who is not so happy about foreigners becoming irish - dont wonder why things delay. It seems to me unfair and just a luck game.
You're calling INIS staff member(s) dearly beloved are you? They are not!. Believe me, no dearly beloved would wanna be working in INIS office. They are not chained to the chair without the will to quit and you'll be surprise to know how many foreigners/applications they deal with on a daily basis.

Most people working with foreigners are actually the opposite of dearly beloved as they always enjoy dealing with foreigners.
I havent been calling anyone a dearly beloved. You can dislike to many foreigners becoming a nationality without being a dearly beloved. I come from an EU-country myself and my partner is the one from an non EU country. Since I have had a friend working in the justice system of my home country I know how some of them think and that they sometimes SEEM to be slightly annoyed of some foreigner, at least if they had a bad day. But that doesnt make anyone a dearly beloved!!

kira83
Newly Registered

Post by kira83 » Thu May 09, 2013 9:03 pm

By the way, we were emailing inis for the last time yesterday (and we have decided after their reply not to bother them anymore, since it wouldnt change anything anyway).

The answer we got was first the same as in march ... that they are still process the application to establish his good character etc and that they will send the application to the Minister as soon as possible. Then they kept writing the following: ... It is recognise that all applicants for citizenship would wish to have a
decision on their application without delay.

As well as being a significant event in the life of the recipient,the
granting of Irish citizenship through naturalisation as provided for in law
is also a major step for the State which confers certain rights and
entitlements not only within the State but also at European Union level and
it is important that appropriate procedures are in place to preserve the
integrity of the process.....

So it looks like we will wait at least an other year.

Since we are already waiting for nearly a year we just want an answer, no matter approved or not. But the waiting and thinking and hoping is very frustrating and saddening.

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Fri May 10, 2013 12:22 am

courny wrote:nothing is checked properly.

i know a husband and wife who got citizenship together. wife wrote date of marriage as 1980 and husband wrote date of marriage as 1981. if it was really checked properly they would have picked up on the discrepancy!
Sometimes sincere mistakes are made, and INIS staff might simply waive the mistake that he made rather than returning the application back to him which will result in paying another 175euro.

The INIS staff members would have returned the application to him if the discrepancy was from the marriage certificate!. They may have checked and found out it was a sincere mistake!

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Fri May 10, 2013 12:24 am

kira83 wrote:I havent been calling anyone a dearly beloved. You can dislike to many foreigners becoming a nationality without being a dearly beloved.
OK, you're insinuating that the INIS staff members are xenophobes then? Admit it

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Fri May 10, 2013 12:27 am

kira83 wrote:By the way, we were emailing inis for the last time yesterday (and we have decided after their reply not to bother them anymore, since it wouldnt change anything anyway).

The answer we got was first the same as in march ... that they are still process the application to establish his good character etc and that they will send the application to the Minister as soon as possible. Then they kept writing the following: ... It is recognise that all applicants for citizenship would wish to have a
decision on their application without delay.

As well as being a significant event in the life of the recipient,the
granting of Irish citizenship through naturalisation as provided for in law
is also a major step for the State which confers certain rights and
entitlements not only within the State but also at European Union level and
it is important that appropriate procedures are in place to preserve the
integrity of the process.....

So it looks like we will wait at least an other year.

Since we are already waiting for nearly a year we just want an answer, no matter approved or not. But the waiting and thinking and hoping is very frustrating and saddening.
We?
Dont be negative. Keep emailing them every month and hope for the best :)

bepositive89

naturalization

Post by bepositive89 » Fri May 10, 2013 12:49 pm

i applied in may 2011
and still waiting for reply .i tried few time to get my application update but always got a same answer...we are looking chracter report.....etc..
any bobody who is still waiting from 2011 ,,?

kira83
Newly Registered

Post by kira83 » Fri May 10, 2013 8:49 pm

IntegratedMigrant wrote:
kira83 wrote:I havent been calling anyone a dearly beloved. You can dislike to many foreigners becoming a nationality without being a dearly beloved.
OK, you're insinuating that the INIS staff members are xenophobes then? Admit it
No I dont. That would still mean that I think they are dearly beloved, which I didnt mean to say. A xenophobe is a dearly beloved in my eyes. You should remember, that people here are not talking face to face + is english not our first language so it is very easy to mistake someones post. What I have posted first was just out of anger. But I have told myself to just forget about it and if he gets approved this year - great, if not there is nothing we can do about it.

kira83
Newly Registered

Post by kira83 » Fri May 10, 2013 8:53 pm

[quote="IntegratedMigrant"][/quote]
We?
Dont be negative. Keep emailing them every month and hope for the best :)

We, because it kind of involves our whole family - but as I have said previously, we will just forget about it for a while and live our lifes without worrying about it constantly.
I recommend that to anyone.

moro1

Post by moro1 » Fri May 10, 2013 9:26 pm

Well now that I know I won't be in the next ceremony, does anyone know when is the one after? This waiting is slow torture..

CitationCj2

Post by CitationCj2 » Fri May 10, 2013 10:36 pm

moro1 wrote:Well now that I know I won't be in the next ceremony, does anyone know when is the one after? This waiting is slow torture..
Since there is still loads of people left on the list that got approvals in march, i think it will be done in late july or august.
Definitely not fair to leave people hanging for so long after being approved

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Sat May 11, 2013 1:16 am

CitationCj2 wrote:
moro1 wrote:Well now that I know I won't be in the next ceremony, does anyone know when is the one after? This waiting is slow torture..
Since there is still loads of people left on the list that got approvals in march, i think it will be done in late july or august.
I think the next ceremony should be in JUNE. Those idiots working in INIS should put things right this time. They really Fked up so bad they let approval applicants hanging high and dry.

In fairness it is not fair!. And am all about being fair.

reetu012

Post by reetu012 » Sat May 11, 2013 1:36 pm

IntegratedMigrant wrote:
CitationCj2 wrote:
I think the next ceremony should be in JUNE. Those idiots working in INIS should put things right this time. They really Fked up so bad they let approval applicants hanging high and dry.

I think you are right as there might be a ceremony planned for June. Why i am saying it here becz, one of the friend of my friend seems to be get approval and invitation letter for June'13. I am trying to contact him for more details about it.

Thanks

Afrocommonwealth

Post by Afrocommonwealth » Sat May 11, 2013 3:42 pm

reetu012 wrote:
IntegratedMigrant wrote:
CitationCj2 wrote:

I think you are right as there might be a ceremony planned for June. Why i am saying it here becz, one of the friend of my friend seems to be get approval and invitation letter for June'13. I am trying to contact him for more details about it.

Thanks
If your friend's friend got an approval and invitation at the same time thats amazing then. But pls and pls find out more details for the forum.
Just wondering if it is possible to be invited to ceremony without payment of certificate fee?
Pls this will be much appreciated if you could get more details.
Thanks