ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 refusal on phone

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

emily124real
Newly Registered

EEA2 refusal on phone

Post by emily124real » Thu May 09, 2013 7:25 pm

I got told on phone that my eea2 was refuse and that a letter was sent to me, which i havent received.
i have been classified as an overstayer,
i got urgent issues back home to attend.
i want my passport back.
stressed up with this whole thing

eldane
Mood:
Denmark

Post by eldane » Thu May 09, 2013 7:44 pm

Hi,

I suppose the post was to get some stress off your chest or do you have a question you want an answer to?

Thanks
Good intentions are appreciated but results are what matters..

emily124real
Newly Registered

Post by emily124real » Thu May 09, 2013 8:10 pm

eldane wrote:Hi,

I suppose the post was to get some stress off your chest or do you have a question you want an answer to?

Thanks
hey at this point i was asked if i am gonna get a legal adviser on my case, am dead broke, i tried contacting one i was told to pay 95 pounds for consultation

eldane
Mood:
Denmark

Post by eldane » Thu May 09, 2013 8:15 pm

emily124real wrote:

Thanks
hey at this point i was asked if i am gonna get a legal adviser on my case, am dead broke, i tried contacting one i was told to pay 95 pounds for consultation
Still not sure what sort of assistance you are looking for from the posters on the forum.

I don't think money is within this forums remit. Perhaps you should consider a charity or something similar?

emily124real
Newly Registered

Post by emily124real » Thu May 09, 2013 8:18 pm

eldane wrote:
emily124real wrote:

Thanks
Still not sure what sort of assistance you are looking for from the posters on the forum.

I don't think money is within this forums remit. Perhaps you should consider a charity or something similar?

am not asking for money.
am only asking why the HO didnt send me a refusal letter, only to be told on fone it was sent to me. though the enveloped i addressed inside my application wasnt a recorded delivery. whose to be blamed

wiggsy

Re: EEA2 refusal on phone

Post by wiggsy » Thu May 09, 2013 8:21 pm

emily124real wrote:I got told on phone that my eea2 was refuse and that a letter was sent to me, which i havent received.
i want my passport back.
what urgent issues?

eea 2 on the basis of....?

chances are your right to appeal has now expired?...

note HM courts do provide fee waivers for tribuneral if you cant afford them...
https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... ing-387177

solicitors are another issue...
https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... ing-385356

eldane
Mood:
Denmark

Post by eldane » Thu May 09, 2013 8:32 pm

emily124real wrote:
eldane wrote:
emily124real wrote:

Thanks

whose to be blamed
am not asking for money.
Okay, that sorted.
am only asking why the HO didnt send me a refusal letter
Perhaps that will be coming one of these days.
only to be told on fone it was sent to me.
Perhaps you phoned them for an update and they told you what was in the system. Don't think anybody onb the forum can answer why UKBA does what they do.
though the enveloped i addressed inside my application wasnt a recorded delivery.
In that case you know what you can expect. Perhaps the letter will arrive perhaps not (Royal Mail might "misplace" the letter). If it arrives it may arrive tomorrow perhaps in 5 days. Again it depends on how it was sent.
whose to be blamed.
That depends what you want to blame for you misfortune. Perhaps if you tell us what sort of help you require somebody may have an answer.

emily124real
Newly Registered

Post by emily124real » Thu May 09, 2013 8:36 pm

wiggsy wrote:
emily124real wrote:I got told on phone that my eea2 was refuse and that a letter was sent to me, which i havent received.
i want my passport back.
what urgent issues?

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request
/application_for_legal_aid_on_hum#incoming-385356[/quot

This is my story.....
I applied for an EEA2 RC on Sept 16 2012
got COA october 15 with right to work
I never heard from the home office until i called them on the 15 of march i was told a package was sent to me. i never received it.
i moved home 30th march i updated my new address before moving .

just yesterday 8/ march. 2013 i got a text message from ukba saying. i have been classed as an overstayer.
i called them on a number they sent me on the sms. then i got told my application was refused. am not aware of the reasons for refusal.
well i had already waited enough and needed to travel for a family member lost at home.
i was told on phone if i wana seek a legal adviser i said yes. well i got an advise to ask them to send me a refusal letter which i have done
am confused now. i wana travel back but will i gain entry to pursue the case.
and whats the appeal time frame given. has it expired? am i a deportee

Imshzd

Post by Imshzd » Thu May 09, 2013 8:45 pm

You are a family member of an EEA national and if your EEA is a qualified person then no one will deport you.

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Thu May 09, 2013 8:49 pm

In your other thread you have already been advised to visit your old address too because these kind of mistakes such as not updating the address very usually UKBA is committing.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

emily124real
Newly Registered

Post by emily124real » Thu May 09, 2013 8:51 pm

sheraz7 wrote:In your other thread you have already been advised to visit your old address too because these kind of mistakes such as not updating the address very usually UKBA is committing.
i did visit. no letter was sent

wiggsy

Post by wiggsy » Thu May 09, 2013 10:59 pm

did they say when the letter was sent with refusal?

you said you got sent the package on 15th march, and moved on 30th march? - ukba sent the package, or you sent them something?

did they state why you were refused fam permit?

as sheraz said, they cannot deport you if your EEA family member is here legally (working, self sufficient, self employed or student).

the same is true for application of an EEA family permit to reenter the country.

Have they sent you your passport back?

i would get your EEA family member to complain very loudly and clearly... (along with yourself).

as for travel... it might not be a good idea to travel until its resolved (ie: why were you refused etc) - whilst legally ukba cannot refuse a qualified person entry. it doesnt mean it wont happen (lots of people on these forums are refused family permits) [this is why i ask what is so important - is it something that can wait?]

too old
Pakistan

Post by too old » Fri May 10, 2013 1:15 am

Be sure about one thing you are not going to be deported as long as your eea family member is exercising treating rights and is legally living in united kingdom. if you got a marriage certificate and everything needed for application you are not an over stayer.

Secondly you don't need a RC to live here with your eea family member its just a proof and a document which eases your process of getting a job and other stuff where visas are required from the employers.

emily124real
Newly Registered

Post by emily124real » Fri May 10, 2013 9:11 am

too old wrote:Be sure about one thing you are not going to be deported as long as your eea family member is exercising treating rights and is legally living in united kingdom. if you got a marriage certificate and everything needed for application you are not an over stayer.

Secondly you don't need a RC to live here with your eea family member its just a proof and a document which eases your process of getting a job and other stuff where visas are required from the employers.

I havent been working since the expiration of the COA. and i was told by the HO i cant take employment offers as i am an overstayer
the whole thing is funny, i they got my marriage certificate and my EEA spouse Pasport as well as mine.
well i lost a family member at home thats why i must travel.
I am tired of the whole situation, my EEA spouse will join me in my country.
tired of UK

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Fri May 10, 2013 3:12 pm

emily124real wrote: i was told by the HO i cant take employment offers as i am an overstayer
the whole thing is funny, i they got my marriage certificate and my EEA spouse Pasport as well as mine.
Do not mind them. Just once you get your refusal letter and know the reason then either appeal or re-apply with the treaty rights evidences of EEA national partner.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

Babz
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Babz » Fri May 10, 2013 11:15 pm

emily124real wrote:
wiggsy wrote:
i want my passport back.
what urgent issues?

This is my story.....
I never heard from the home office until i called them on the 15 of march i was told a package was sent to me. i never received it.

just yesterday 8/ march. 2013 i got a text message from ukba saying. i have been classed as an overstayer.
i called them on a number they sent me on the sms. then i got told my application was refused. am not aware of the reasons for refusal.
well i had already waited enough and needed to travel for a family member lost at home.
i was told on phone if i wana seek a legal adviser i said yes. well i got an advise to ask them to send me a refusal letter which i have done
Was it sent by CAPITA?...

emily124real
Newly Registered

Post by emily124real » Sat May 11, 2013 11:26 am

Babz wrote:
emily124real wrote:
wiggsy wrote:
i want my passport back.
what urgent issues?

This is my story.....

YES IT WAS

Babz
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Babz » Sun May 12, 2013 11:59 pm

emily124real wrote:
Babz wrote:
emily124real wrote:
wiggsy wrote:
what urgent issues?

This is my story.....

YES IT WAS
Well,it's the private body the UKBA contracted to chase after illegal immigrant. Just ignore them and focus on what the UKBA letter says....