ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New Problem =/

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hazuki
Newly Registered

New Problem =/

Post by hazuki » Thu Apr 12, 2007 6:10 pm

My first major problem begins and i need some advice ,
my marriage certificate was accidently mistaken for a different document and ripped in 4 pieces ,it was a certificate from india so it wont be easy to obtain another one ,and it will be needed to for various things including the ILR of my wife in 2 years time .

I really need to know what i can do ,and if those 4 pieces of it i go are still worth anything .

thx

Rozen
Diamond Member

Post by Rozen » Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:13 pm

As long as it is original and you manage to stick it together and keep it safely, I don't see why not!

But how difficult is it to get a replacement certificate from India? According to your post, you've got a whole two years in which you can arrange another one. Surely it wouldn't take that long :?:

Look on the bright side.....at least you didn't 'accidentally' pass it through a shredder! :wink: