ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Time503
Mood:
Nigeria

Re: OH MY GOD!!!!!!!1

Post by Time503 » Thu May 09, 2013 4:49 pm

pepper04 wrote:
cookies wrote:
pepper04 wrote:
cookies wrote:
Yay Pepper! congratulations!!
Thats complaint to the Ombudsman definitely worked. i am so grateful. Thank you God!!!!
How long did you have to wait since you submitted your application, pepper?
Just over 6 months. I applied end if October and did my biometrics on the 7th of March.
Congrats my dear! I'm so happy you.
This is the second good news in two days. Wow! Hopefully more will follow. Enjoy the peace of mind!!!!

pepper04

Post by pepper04 » Thu May 09, 2013 6:46 pm

Time503 wrote:
pepper04 wrote:
cookies wrote:
pepper04 wrote:
Thats complaint to the Ombudsman definitely worked. i am so grateful. Thank you God!!!!
How long did you have to wait since you submitted your application, pepper?
Just over 6 months. I applied end if October and did my biometrics on the 7th of March.
Congrats my dear! I'm so happy you.
This is the second good news in two days. Wow! Hopefully more will follow. Enjoy the peace of mind!!!!
Thank you! I feel like it's all a dream. I thank God will all my heart. I can sort if nice on with my life now.

justice12
Algeria

Post by justice12 » Thu May 09, 2013 6:58 pm

pepper04 wrote:I just got a call from my solicitor and i have been granted DLR extension. There is a go out there thank you thank you thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aww guys thank you so much for your support i cant thank you guys enough......
have you been given 3 years ?

Chidy

Post by Chidy » Thu May 09, 2013 7:06 pm

pepper04 wrote:I just got a call from my solicitor and i have been granted DLR extension. There is a go out there thank you thank you thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations. Enjoy your freedom !

AbleGod
Newly Registered

I have Just got my extension today

Post by AbleGod » Thu May 09, 2013 7:49 pm

Hello all! I have been following the site for a while, just want to give a bit of hope to all waiting an extension. I got my extension today after a painful 8 months of waiting. My timeline is below.

pepper04

Post by pepper04 » Thu May 09, 2013 7:55 pm

cookies wrote:

Hi babes thanks very much, its going to be you next i reckon.

pepper04

Post by pepper04 » Thu May 09, 2013 8:01 pm

lenn83 wrote:
pepper04 wrote:
cookies wrote:

CONGRATZ, Pepper!! Couldn't be happier for you!!
I applied just one week after you, received the biometrics letter and enrolled my biometrics same day as you. But still heard nothing yet.. :cry:
Hi hun, yours will come soon, just be patient and if possible try to contact the ombudsman for help, i really think it sped things up for me. good luck

pepper04

Post by pepper04 » Thu May 09, 2013 8:02 pm

Chidy wrote:

Congratulations. Enjoy your freedom !
thanks hun.

pepper04

Post by pepper04 » Thu May 09, 2013 8:03 pm

justice12 wrote:

have you been given 3 years ?
yes ive been given 3 years. thank God

Time503
Mood:
Nigeria

Re: I have Just got my extension today

Post by Time503 » Thu May 09, 2013 8:24 pm

AbleGod wrote:Hello all! I have been following the site for a while, just want to give a bit of hope to all waiting an extension. I got my extension today after a painful 8 months of waiting. My timeline is below.
Congrats to you and thanks for the message of hope to those of us still waiting.
Best luck for the future!!

bishop007
Newly Registered

Re: I have Just got my extension today

Post by bishop007 » Thu May 09, 2013 8:25 pm

AbleGod wrote:Hello all! I have been following the site for a while, just want to give a bit of hope to all waiting an extension. I got my extension today after a painful 8 months of waiting. My timeline is below.

Hey congrats to you and also to pepper04, i seems to have my application submitted and bio-metric taken same time as you both, hopefully i will be jumping up in joy as you both very soon. Enjoy your freedom..

Waves
Newly Registered

Post by Waves » Fri May 10, 2013 9:43 am

UKBA seems to be progressing and completing applications now. Wondering what caused the delays this time. Anyways congratulations to all forum members who was granted this week.

babycakes

Success

Post by babycakes » Fri May 10, 2013 9:56 am

Congratulations to all the successful applicants, shame we have to deal with these people taking the piss.

Hope I will be next to celebrate.

Tao
Newly Registered

Post by Tao » Fri May 10, 2013 10:48 am

Congratulations to all those who were granted stay. I am also relieved that at least there is movement on extension of the old 3 year DLR as I am also waiting for my DLR extension since end of September 2012.

cookies
Scotland

Post by cookies » Fri May 10, 2013 12:22 pm

hey guys! How long does it take to receive the acknowledgement letter from the HO? I paid using a banker's draft therefor I can't see if the money has been deducted or not as it was taken from my account the same day I got the draft from the bank? some one help, pls... :( I'm starting to get a bit nervous
FLR(FP) Extension
App sent: July 2021
Biometrics August 2021
Decision: 14 July 2022
Final extension before irl

babycakes

Post by babycakes » Fri May 10, 2013 1:06 pm

cookies wrote:hey guys! How long does it take to receive the acknowledgement letter from the HO? I paid using a banker's draft therefor I can't see if the money has been deducted or not as it was taken from my account the same day I got the draft from the bank? some one help, pls... :( I'm starting to get a bit nervous
give it about a week after being delivered to HO.

cookies
Scotland

Post by cookies » Fri May 10, 2013 1:11 pm

babycakes wrote:
cookies wrote:hey guys! How long does it take to receive the acknowledgement letter from the HO? I paid using a banker's draft therefor I can't see if the money has been deducted or not as it was taken from my account the same day I got the draft from the bank? some one help, pls... :( I'm starting to get a bit nervous
Thanks Babycakes, I'm mostly worried about payment as I cannot see if they've taken it or not. Thanks for responding!!! :D I've only been waiting 3 days since my application was received and I'm already starting to feel the stress and anxiety! I can't imagine what it's like for most here that have been waiting months and even years!!!!!! :shock:
FLR(FP) Extension
Biometrics August 2021

pepper04

Post by pepper04 » Fri May 10, 2013 1:16 pm

cookies wrote:
babycakes wrote:
Thanks Babycakes, I'm mostly worried about payment as I cannot see if they've taken it or not. Thanks for responding!!! :D I've only been waiting 3 days since my application was received and I'm already starting to feel the stress and anxiety! I can't imagine what it's like for most here that have been waiting months and even years!!!!!! :shock:
dont worry too much cookies. they have been processing newer applications quicker than the rest of us. you should here something soon. i think they just want to confirm after they receive the funds in ther account. just give it 10 days like what babycakes recommended. deep breaths babes and its all going to work out .:)

cookies
Scotland

Post by cookies » Fri May 10, 2013 1:18 pm

pepper04 wrote:
cookies wrote:
babycakes wrote:
dont worry too much cookies. they have been processing newer applications quicker than the rest of us. you should here something soon. i think they just want to confirm after they receive the funds in ther account. just give it 10 days like what babycakes recommended. deep breaths babes and its all going to work out .:)
Thanks Pepper! You guys are awesome, I'm so glad I found this thread! =x
FLR(FP) Extension
Biometrics August 2021

pepper04

Post by pepper04 » Fri May 10, 2013 1:20 pm

cookies wrote:
pepper04 wrote:
cookies wrote:
babycakes wrote:
babes i know the feeling ive been there and will be there again in 3 years. i dont think i`ll stop visiting this forum to be honest. there are a lot of good people here and i would like to help when i can even if its just building morale:)

babycakes

Post by babycakes » Fri May 10, 2013 4:06 pm

pepper04 wrote:
cookies wrote:
pepper04 wrote:
cookies wrote:
babes i know the feeling ive been there and will be there again in 3 years. i dont think i`ll stop visiting this forum to be honest. there are a lot of good people here and i would like to help when i can even if its just building morale:)

You have no idea it's been 13 months I am at that point now where I will be sending emails to everyone including the Prime minister and his deputy.

:D :roll: :lol:

mummytwo

Post by mummytwo » Fri May 10, 2013 5:00 pm

babycakes wrote:
pepper04 wrote:
cookies wrote:
pepper04 wrote:

You have no idea it's been 13 months I am at that point now where I will be sending emails to everyone including the Prime minister and his deputy.

Babycakes,you are so funny!!!
I have been a silent follower of this forum but your last comment made me LOL so bad.

Trust me,I did get to that point as well,I wrote to the PM when it looked like I was on the verge of losing my job,got two replies,first an acknowledgment and the other to inform me my letter to the PM had been passed on to UKBA but till this day,I havent gotten a reponse.
Had my biometrics done 1st of March too.

If there is anything I have learnt so far, in this waiting game its patience loadddddddddddds of it!! :D

God have mercy on us all,amen.

pepper04

Post by pepper04 » Fri May 10, 2013 5:08 pm

babycakes wrote:
pepper04 wrote:
cookies wrote:
pepper04 wrote:

Lol you do make us laugh, u have to find humour in all this otherwise you will go mad.
Did your mp hear back from the Ukba? I just think if they fail to respond just ask your mp to make a formal conplaint to the ombudsman on your behalf. Hand on heart I do think my direct complaint to the ombudsman made a difference. I had a call from the ombudsman last week saying they would look at my paperwork as a matter if urgency and this week I got my documents back. You have nothing to lose. Xxx

babycakes

Post by babycakes » Fri May 10, 2013 5:14 pm

pepper04 wrote:
babycakes wrote:
pepper04 wrote:
cookies wrote:

Lol you do make us laugh, u have to find humour in all this otherwise you will go mad.
Did your mp hear back from the Ukba? I just think if they fail to respond just ask your mp to make a formal conplaint to the ombudsman on your behalf. Hand on heart I do think my direct complaint to the ombudsman made a difference. I had a call from the ombudsman last week saying they would look at my paperwork as a matter if urgency and this week I got my documents back. You have nothing to lose. Xxx

I am still waiting for that response but to be honest he has already written to them twice with no avail these people are like a tone of bricks difficult to be moved.

pepper04

Post by pepper04 » Fri May 10, 2013 6:41 pm

babycakes wrote:
pepper04 wrote:
babycakes wrote:
pepper04 wrote:

I am still waiting for that response but to be honest he has already written to them twice with no avail these people are like a tone of bricks difficult to be moved.
I know babe. It's going to work out I promise you. Leave it for the full 20 days as per their website but when that lapses just ask your mp to write to the ombudsman if not fill in a form from their web site. Fill ur in and if you have copies of their previous responses and copies of the letters sent by your mp, just scan it all and send it to them. It might work. I sent them everything. The acknowledgement letter. Letter debt by my solicitor chasing bios, and emails complaining to the Ukba and their response. If u haven't had a response I think u can also make a note if it.