ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 and deifinition of EC rights

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

osiris

EEA2 and deifinition of EC rights

Post by osiris » Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:16 pm

Hi

I was wondering if anyone knew whether or not EEA2 entitles "EC rights"?
Currently, I have provisional General Medical Councl (GMC) registration, but would like to convert this to full registration to increase work oportunities. I graduated from medical school in Ireland, and looking at the GMC site, was wondering if I qualify as one with EC rights using the EEA2 residence stamp as proof.

http://www.gmc-uk.org/doctors/join_the_ ... als_in.asp

Thanks

Docterror
United Kingdom

Post by Docterror » Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:44 pm

Contact GMC and ask them. In the pdf in that link you posted, it says that your marriage should have taken place before the EC spouse acquired the right. What is up with that? Also correct me if I am wrong, but it was my understanding that you need 12 months of internship to get full registration.

But from what I read, you do look eligible. Cant be sure until GMC says so as well.
Jabi

osiris

Post by osiris » Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:39 pm

thanks for your comments doc!

I've done my internship in Ireland a good few years ago! :wink:

I have emailed the GMC, but their response was to contact an immigration lawyer specializing in EC rights.

I must deomonstrate that I hold European Community Rights under article 11 of regulation 1612/68 EC.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Re: EEA2 and deifinition of EC rights

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Sat Apr 14, 2007 7:36 am

osiris wrote:I was wondering if anyone knew whether or not EEA2 entitles "EC rights"? Currently, I have provisional General Medical Councl (GMC) registration, but would like to convert this to full registration to increase work oportunities. I graduated from medical school in Ireland, and looking at the GMC site, was wondering if I qualify as one with EC rights using the EEA2 residence stamp as proof.
If you have an EEA2 stamp, it is because your EU family member is working or studying or otherwise exercising "EC treaty rights". (Hmm... then again you can also get one if you are independently weathy, which I do not think counts as exercising treaty rights).

EEA2 stamp exists only since April 2006, so it did not exist when the GMC document was written.

Docterror
United Kingdom

Post by Docterror » Thu May 03, 2007 6:15 pm

Osiris.. if you are reading this, I just wanted to bring to your attention that article 11 of regulation 1612/68 EC is no longer a valid EC law!
Jabi