ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent question on Addresses in AN Form

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

peteOpete
Newly Registered

Urgent question on Addresses in AN Form

Post by peteOpete » Thu May 09, 2013 11:51 pm

Hello All,

Apologies..just filling my AN Form for a Monday appointment and in the last minute I have some stress .... specifically on addresses.

AN Form asks for addresses for the last 5 years. Now the issues are:
1. I don't remember some of the exact dates of when I moved into a particular address. I know the mnths when I moved in.
2. In many instances especially when moving from England to Scotland I was in a B&B and also stayed at a friends place for 3-4 weeks before I got a new residence - do I have to mention all this by dates when I jot down my last 5 years of addresses?
3. In a particular year mainly 2009 -2010 - for almost all of the year I was outside UK on an assignment however I used to be back in the UK in between for a couple of days. During this period, when I was back in UK used to be put up in my friend's place for a few days and few days travelling in UK itself. What do I do - My official address for all bank correspondences was my friend's address.

I am totally stressed out and would appreciate help from the experienced Gurus here..

Thanks

PeteOPete

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Urgent question on Addresses in AN Form

Post by Amber » Fri May 10, 2013 7:18 am

peteOpete wrote:Hello All,

Apologies..just filling my AN Form for a Monday appointment and in the last minute I have some stress .... specifically on addresses.

1. I don't remember some of the exact dates of when I moved into a particular address. I know the mnths when I moved in.
2. In many instances especially when moving from England to Scotland I was in a B&B and also stayed at a friends place for 3-4 weeks before I got a new residence - do I have to mention all this by dates when I jot down my last 5 years of addresses?
3. In a particular year mainly 2009 -2010 - for almost all of the year I was outside UK on an assignment however I used to be back in the UK in between for a couple of days. During this period, when I was back in UK used to be put up in my friend's place for a few days and few days travelling in UK itself. What do I do - My official address for all bank correspondences was my friend's address.

I am totally stressed out and would appreciate help from the experienced Gurus here..

Thanks

PeteOPete
Are you married civil p to a British Citizen? If so, you only have to cover the last 3 years. If your address was your friends put it down, as long as you cover the 3/5 year period with addresses don't get overly stressed.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

peteOpete
Newly Registered

Post by peteOpete » Fri May 10, 2013 10:03 am

D4109125 wrote:

Thanks

PeteOPete
Are you married civil p to a British Citizen? If so, you only have to cover the last 3 years. If your address was your friends put it down, as long as you cover the 3/5 year period with addresses don't get overly stressed.
Thanks D4109125.
No I am not married to British Citizen. I am applying after 12 months of ILR. I hope there are no issues.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri May 10, 2013 10:28 am

In a particular year mainly 2009 -2010 - for almost all of the year I was outside UK on an assignment however I used to be back in the UK in between for a couple of days. During this period, when I was back in UK used to be put up in my friend's place for a few days and few days travelling in UK itself. What do I do - My official address for all bank correspondences was my friend's address.
Are all your absences within the last 5 years within the allowances if you were outside of the UK for almost a year?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

desertlord

Post by desertlord » Fri May 10, 2013 12:47 pm

[quote="D4109125"][quote="peteOpete"]Hello All,

Thanks

PeteOPete[/quote]

Are you married civil p to a British Citizen? If so, you only have to cover the last 3 years. If your address was your friends put it down, as long as you cover the 3/5 year period with addresses don't get overly stressed.[/quote]

Dear D4109125,

I am sorry to say you are wrong, the form and the guide simply as for 5 years addresses even if you are married to a Bc

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Fri May 10, 2013 3:16 pm

desertlord wrote:
D4109125 wrote:

Thanks

PeteOPete

Dear D4109125,

I am sorry to say you are wrong, the form and the guide simply as for 5 years addresses even if you are married to a Bc
Yes you should, perhaps, however, in the case of a applicant who is married/civil p to a BC only a 3 year residency rule applies.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.