ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation of my baby without both of us having ILR

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

DesiBoys

Naturalisation of my baby without both of us having ILR

Post by DesiBoys » Fri May 10, 2013 2:07 pm

HI

I recently for my ILR and now wish to apply for naturalisation for my baby, who is UK born and is currently on indian passport. He was not included in the ILR application.

My husband is yet to file for his ILR.

1. Can I apply for my baby naturalisation even though my husband is yet to apply for his ILR

2. I need to provide MN1 form, photos, child's birth certificate and a copy of my ILR biometric (and not original?).

3. My passport is not required with the application

4. Can i use any independent high street solicitor to be refrees?

5. What is NCS? why is it used?

I know some of the questions may have been answered but we are having to do so much paper work these days that i am getting quite confused with things. Appreciate your help.

nnj10

Re: Naturalisation of my baby without both of us having ILR

Post by nnj10 » Fri May 10, 2013 2:37 pm

DesiBoys wrote:HI

I recently for my ILR and now wish to apply for naturalisation for my baby, who is UK born and is currently on indian passport. He was not included in the ILR application.

My husband is yet to file for his ILR.

1. Can I apply for my baby naturalisation even though my husband is yet to apply for his ILR
YES
2. I need to provide MN1 form, photos, child's birth certificate and a copy of my ILR biometric (and not original?).
If you use NCS then they will take photocopy and return originals back to you.
If you use postal route then you need to check the current requirements in MN1 form and guidance.

3. My passport is not required with the application

4. Can i use any independent high street solicitor to be refrees?

5. What is NCS? why is it used?
Check citizenship FAQs

I know some of the questions may have been answered but we are having to do so much paper work these days that i am getting quite confused with things. Appreciate your help.
Information and/or advice provided by me is of general nature and is not intended to substitute for informed professional legal or other professional advice.

DesiBoys

Post by DesiBoys » Sat May 11, 2013 10:09 am

Thanks for your reply. Actually someone told me that either both parents need to have ILR or at least one should have BP. If only one parent has ILR then one cannot apply for BP for their baby.

I was not able to find any info in this regard. Can you help.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sat May 11, 2013 10:17 am

DesiBoys wrote:Thanks for your reply. Actually someone told me that either both parents need to have ILR or at least one should have BP. If only one parent has ILR then one cannot apply for BP for their baby.

I was not able to find any info in this regard. Can you help.
Maybe you should ask that person for evidence to support his claim.

For a UK born child, either parent needs to hold ILR. See the actual legislation - 1(3)(a)

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat May 11, 2013 10:18 am

DesiBoys wrote:Thanks for your reply. Actually someone told me that either both parents need to have ILR or at least one should have BP. If only one parent has ILR then one cannot apply for BP for their baby.
That's incorrect for a child born in the UK.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

DesiBoys

Post by DesiBoys » Sat May 11, 2013 10:21 am

Thanks Vinny.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/briti ... n/borninuk

Section 3(1) states that either both needs to be settled or one needs bP. That's what has confused me.

Section 1(3) only applies if both parents are settled or BC.

Not sure if anyone has any personal exp for this scenario.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sat May 11, 2013 10:26 am

DesiBoys wrote:Section 1(3) only applies if both parents are settled or BC.
No it's not. Read the law in my previous post. Pay attention to the use of the word OR.