ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

NQ Form for Minors

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ric1982
Member of Standing

NQ Form for Minors

Post by ric1982 » Sat May 11, 2013 7:53 am

Hi,

I am filling up NQ form for my 1 month old child. Could someome please let me know what do I put in applicant's signature (as the child is only 1 month old)?

Also what supporting documents I need to submit?

Thanks

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: NQ Form for Minors

Post by Amber » Sat May 11, 2013 8:31 am

ric1982 wrote:Hi,

I am filling up NQ form for my 1 month old child. Could someome please let me know what do I put in applicant's signature (as the child is only 1 month old)?

Thanks
See http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... ide_ns.pdf
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

ric1982
Member of Standing

Post by ric1982 » Sat May 11, 2013 9:45 am

D4109125 wrote:
ric1982 wrote:Hi,

Thanks
See http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... ide_ns.pdf
Thanks But this is guidance note for NS form and not NQ form which is to prove that you havent acquire BC. I wish to apply for Indian Citizenship for my kid and the IHC needs this letter from UKBA.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sat May 11, 2013 10:08 am

Have no experience myself but would think you can sign on behalf of your child. I don't think you need to provide any supporting document as all that you ask is for the HO to search their records for that person name / DOB and confirm they have no record of him naturalised/registered. If you wish, you can send a photocopy of his UK birth certificate.

BTW - Aren't you British? In that case, the UKBA can't confirm the child has not acquired BC as he did !

What you need is a confirmation that a passport was not issued to the British (from birth) child. I have no idea how this works. Maybe ask in the Other Countries section of the forum.

ric1982
Member of Standing

Post by ric1982 » Sat May 11, 2013 10:52 am

Jambo wrote:Have no experience myself but would think you can sign on behalf of your child. I don't think you need to provide any supporting document as all that you ask is for the HO to search their records for that person name / DOB and confirm they have no record of him naturalised/registered. If you wish, you can send a photocopy of his UK birth certificate.

BTW - Aren't you British? In that case, the UKBA can't confirm the child has not acquired BC as he did !

What you need is a confirmation that a passport was not issued to the British (from birth) child. I have no idea how this works. Maybe ask in the Other Countries section of the forum.
Yes I am British but my wife is Indian Citizen which means child can be both/either Indian or British Citizen. I have been asked from IHC specifically to submit NQ form to UKBA.

Also on the form it ask for "Nationality", not sure what should I put in that?

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sat May 11, 2013 11:23 am

Reading about form NQ more, then it's the right form. The HO would confirm the child did not become British through naturalisation/registration (but the child is in fact British from birth). I would put Indian in the nationality field. You can submit a photocopy of his birth certificate if you wish.

higolla
Newly Registered

Post by higolla » Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:34 pm

Hi

I am in the same situation. I need this letter for my child. Who should sign for Child NQ form? Can Father / Mother sign on behalf of child?

Thanks
Harish