ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sensible man

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

smiles345
Member of Standing

Sensible man

Post by smiles345 » Fri May 10, 2013 8:26 pm

peppekalle

Post by peppekalle » Sat May 11, 2013 7:06 am

I have always liked Vince Cable the part that makes me laugh is “There is an issue here. I vividly recall a conversation I had with a constituent before the general election and she was taking me to task for what she said were ‘millions of illegal immigrants in the country’.

“Perhaps rather recklessly, I decided to debate with her on the subject and I said, ‘How do you know?’ And she said: ‘Well, I see them on the high street all the time’. And I said: ‘Well how do you know they are illegal’.

And she looked at me and said: ‘Mr Cable, why are you being so difficult? You know exactly what I mean’ and she pointed up the road to the Hounslow mosque.

simmo

Post by simmo » Sat May 11, 2013 12:26 pm

peppekalle wrote:I have always liked Vince Cable the part that makes me laugh is “There is an issue here. I vividly recall a conversation I had with a constituent before the general election and she was taking me to task for what she said were ‘millions of illegal immigrants in the country’.

“Perhaps rather recklessly, I decided to debate with her on the subject and I said, ‘How do you know?’ And she said: ‘Well, I see them on the high street all the time’. And I said: ‘Well how do you know they are illegal’.

And she looked at me and said: ‘Mr Cable, why are you being so difficult? You know exactly what I mean’ and she pointed up the road to the Hounslow mosque.
This makes me want to cry.

It also sums up why it is impossible to have a reasoned and rational dialogue on immigration in this country.

imran1508
- thin ice -

Good read

Post by imran1508 » Sat May 11, 2013 5:05 pm

Interesting that so many people are so very ignorant about immigration. We are thrown facts and figures and far too many people except them without exercising any thought.