ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Australian moving to UK

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

wibbles
Newly Registered

Australian moving to UK

Post by wibbles » Sun Apr 01, 2007 5:49 pm

Hi, I have an Australian girlfriend and she is currently over here on a 6 month visitors visa. She has to go back home soon and wants to move over here so we can be together.

We've been looking at the options and she hasn't any british relatives so cannot get in that way and she isn't in the age range to qualify for a working holiday visa.

It seems like the only way would be for her to get a fiance visa and for us to get married. Are there any other options that we may have missed?

If not how long does it take to get a fiance visa and what documents do we need?

Thanks in advance for any advice you may offer.

sakura
Diamond Member

Post by sakura » Sun Apr 01, 2007 9:58 pm

Wibbles,

Can she not apply for a HSMP or get a company to sponser a work permit application? If no other option is viable and you are ready to marry, then the fiancee visa will be the first step (it is issued for 6 months but she cannot work during that time and you'd need to marry before this time limit). I don't know exactly what documents you need to submit, but look here for a starter's guide: http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/servlet/Front ... 8721067257

wibbles
Newly Registered

Post by wibbles » Fri Apr 13, 2007 9:30 am

Thank you, sorry for the lateness of the reply I've not been around for a while.

I don't think she could get HSMP or a sponsor too easily.

I've also heard that there are places you can get married and not need to go through big procedures and things. I think one place I heard was Thailand. Are there any others. The idea being we could go to Thailand (or whereever) for 2 weeks, get married and then she apply straight for a spouse visa maybe. Is this correct and would it work?