ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

same job with different employer

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

reda
Member of Standing

same job with different employer

Post by reda » Sat May 11, 2013 6:39 pm

hi,
today i receive letter from my company saying they are going to sell the company to another employer which the transition start (June)in the middle of my 6 months work in this job( start on Feb this year)
in order to my wife apply for spouse visa I need to work at least 6 months with the same employer or one year with different employer
I was planing to apply at the end of 6 months (Aug) but now I'm confused
do I have to change my plan and wait till I finish one year?
bearing in mind that i still working in the same place with same position only the name and head office of the company change,thank you for your time.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sat May 11, 2013 7:55 pm

If you just provide a letter from the employer affirming the transfer of business, you will be fine. This can be done an addenda to the mandatory employment letter that is needed for a Category A application.

ijamesf

Post by ijamesf » Sat May 11, 2013 10:56 pm

What would you suggest for my employment/visa situation...

We have already submitted our spouse VISA application abroad in rio and are currently awaiting decision, or any form of contact for that matter.

All requirements have been met to the best of our knowledge and presently, as the sponsor,I am considering leaving my present company having received a better offer from elsewhere.

I guess if our application is successful first time then me taking the new job will not effect the application, or would it? Also if we had to appeal for whatever reason would it then be a problem taking a new job at this stage of the process?

I supplied over 13 months worth of payslips and all the employment info required for the current company, just not sure about taking the new job if it is going to effect getting my wife back to me.

reda
Member of Standing

Post by reda » Sun May 12, 2013 6:19 am

Lucapooka wrote:If you just provide a letter from the employer affirming the transfer of business, you will be fine. This can be done an addenda to the mandatory employment letter that is needed for a Category A application.
i received letter from my current employer who assured me that the terms and conditions of your employment will remain as sated in your contract of employment and continuity of your employment is unaffected.
is this a letter are you referring to?
do you have any link support your guidance,thank you in advance.[/u]

reda
Member of Standing

Post by reda » Sun May 12, 2013 4:32 pm

reda wrote:
Lucapooka wrote:If you just provide a letter from the employer affirming the transfer of business, you will be fine. This can be done an addenda to the mandatory employment letter that is needed for a Category A application.
i received letter from my current employer who assured me that the terms and conditions of your employment will remain as sated in your contract of employment and continuity of your employment is unaffected.
is this a letter are you referring to?
do you have any link support your guidance,thank you in advance.[/u]
any one can help?

reda
Member of Standing

Re: same job with different employer

Post by reda » Mon May 13, 2013 8:40 pm

reda wrote:hi,
today i receive letter from my company saying they are going to sell the company to another employer which the transition start (June)in the middle of my 6 months work in this job( start on Feb this year)
in order to my wife apply for spouse visa I need to work at least 6 months with the same employer or one year with different employer
I was planing to apply at the end of 6 months (Aug) but now I'm confused
do I have to change my plan and wait till I finish one year?
bearing in mind that i still working in the same place with same position only the name and head office of the company change,thank you for your time.
any one can help me what I shall I answer here?

3.12 Has your sponsor been in employment with the same employer and earning the amount, as detailed in 3.11 above,
continuously for 6 months prior to the date of the application? (Category A)