ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Wife Pakistan Stuck

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ahussa

Wife Pakistan Stuck

Post by ahussa » Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:04 am

Hello guyz,

Need urgent Help.

Scenario Below:-

Male in the UK claiming disability benefits not working at all. Accommodation provided by local authority. Wife in Pakistan. 3 Children in Pakistan allhave British Passports.

Father will bring back three british Children with passports back to the UK but problem remains for the mother. She will not be able to come as spouse because meeting requirements of financial impossible, and secondly she cant speak English so cant do English test.

Any recommendations, what about Entry Clearance as parent of child in the UK?

Would that be on Human Rights Grounds only yeah, because even in that there is requirement for sufficient accommodation, maintenance, and English Requirement. Would Third Party Support be ok?

Please advise someone thanks

Brigid from Ireland
Member of Standing

Post by Brigid from Ireland » Thu May 09, 2013 1:34 pm

There is an option which takes a long time and is complicated.

If the mother could manage to give birth in the UK, she could stay in the Uk under the Zambrano ruling.

This basically means getting any type of visa - student, tourist, anything that gets you to the UK - and giving birth on UK territory.

Some people get a visa for Ireland, and go across the border into Northern Ireland so that they give birth on UK territory in Northern Ireland. Then travel to the mainland UK with the new baby and stay with husband in UK under Zambrano ruling.
BL

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Wife Pakistan Stuck

Post by Amber » Thu May 09, 2013 2:41 pm

ahussa wrote:Hello guyz,

Need urgent Help.

Scenario Below:-

Male in the UK claiming disability benefits not working at all. Accommodation provided by local authority. Wife in Pakistan. 3 Children in Pakistan allhave British Passports.

Father will bring back three british Children with passports back to the UK but problem remains for the mother. She will not be able to come as spouse because meeting requirements of financial impossible, and secondly she cant speak English so cant do English test.

Any recommendations, what about Entry Clearance as parent of child in the UK?

Would that be on Human Rights Grounds only yeah, because even in that there is requirement for sufficient accommodation, maintenance, and English Requirement. Would Third Party Support be ok?

Please advise someone thanks
If the partner in the UK is claiming DLA then they are exempt from the new financial requirement, they must just be able to maintain themselves. If on ESA as well and wife is coming to care that might be enough. Need further information on benefits being received and amounts. She needs to start learning English ASAP.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

dalebutt

Re: Wife Pakistan Stuck

Post by dalebutt » Thu May 09, 2013 10:31 pm

D4109125 wrote:
If the partner in the UK is claiming DLA then they are exempt from the new financial requirement, they must just be able to maintain themselves. If on ESA as well and wife is coming to care that might be enough. Need further information on benefits being received and amounts. She needs to start learning English ASAP.
Good and valid point. English is the only requirement needed to be met in your circumstance.

Skydive
Newly Registered

Post by Skydive » Fri May 10, 2013 11:59 pm

Can the person on DLA rely on 3rd party support for that maintenance or on their own cash savings? If it can be cash savings, what should the amount be? I have 20k saved and am in the same position (claiming DLA) but I am employed rihgt now but contract could end pretty soon so will be unemployed - If I go on JSA will this jeapordise anything? Looking for wife to apply later in the year maybe in November. Hoping to be fully employed by then but there is no gaurantee unfortunately :(

I get 296 a month in DLA, and I have 20k cash saved up and can show it in savings book in my own and only my name. available for last 6 months and next 6 months too.

Is this 20k enough for maintenance or do they look at the amount above 16k even in my situation being exempt from financial requirement? Accommodation not a problem as living at home with parental support and plenty of space.

Thanks for your time/answers.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sat May 11, 2013 8:56 am

Skydive wrote:Can the person on DLA rely on 3rd party support for that maintenance or on their own cash savings? If it can be cash savings, what should the amount be? I have 20k saved and am in the same position (claiming DLA) but I am employed rihgt now but contract could end pretty soon so will be unemployed - If I go on JSA will this jeapordise anything? Looking for wife to apply later in the year maybe in November. Hoping to be fully employed by then but there is no gaurantee unfortunately :(

I get 296 a month in DLA, and I have 20k cash saved up and can show it in savings book in my own and only my name. available for last 6 months and next 6 months too.

Is this 20k enough for maintenance or do they look at the amount above 16k even in my situation being exempt from financial requirement? Accommodation not a problem as living at home with parental support and plenty of space.

Thanks for your time/answers.
You have your own thread please don't post your questions in someone else's thread.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Skydive
Newly Registered

Post by Skydive » Sat May 11, 2013 11:17 pm

Sorry,

Wasnt aware that that's not allowed.