ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

spouse/LLE/translation of the docs

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Aliyakz
Newly Registered

spouse/LLE/translation of the docs

Post by Aliyakz » Sun May 12, 2013 2:36 pm

Im applying for entry clearance as a wife of British citizen. Is it ok if I make translation of docs (like marriage cert, bank statement s) myself?

I did this way when I applied for my tourist visa in 2011 before marriage. Thank u.[/i]

MPH80
Respected Guru

Post by MPH80 » Sun May 12, 2013 2:43 pm

A read of the evidence rules reveals ...
(j) Where a document is not in English or Welsh, the original must be accompanied by a certified translation by a professional translator. This translation must include details of the translator's credentials and confirmation that it is an accurate translation of the original document. It must also be dated and include the original signature of the translator.
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/polic ... ndix-fmse/

Aliyakz
Newly Registered

answer

Post by Aliyakz » Sun May 12, 2013 3:04 pm

Thank u. Just the way I like the answer s - with the link to appropriate UKBA rule.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Sun May 12, 2013 5:01 pm

You will need to do your marriage certificate.

However you are not required to provide your bank statements from your own country. That is the duty of your sponsor/husband from the UK, and those docs are almost certainly be in English

Aliyakz
Newly Registered

answer

Post by Aliyakz » Sun May 12, 2013 5:29 pm

Thank u. I forgotten to mention that im applying on the basis of my personal cash savings.