ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SPOUSE VISA COMPLETION

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

TODMATT
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

SPOUSE VISA COMPLETION

Post by TODMATT » Sun May 12, 2013 9:15 pm

Hi everyone,

I have a spouse visa which will expire 2015 and i submitted my visa before the rules 9th July 2012 and my visa was granted based on the old rules however i want to find out which visa am i going to be issued with it after the completion of the probationary period.

Thank you guys

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: SPOUSE VISA COMPLETION

Post by Amber » Sun May 12, 2013 9:17 pm

TODMATT wrote:Hi everyone,

I have a spouse visa which will expire 2015 and i submitted my visa before the rules 9th July 2012 and my visa was granted based on the old rules however i want to find out which visa am i going to be issued with it after the completion of the probationary period.

Thank you guys
You will apply for Set(m) if you wish to apply for settlement, assuming you meet the requirements, if not, an extension under flr(m).
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

TODMATT
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by TODMATT » Sun May 12, 2013 9:23 pm

D4109125 wrote:

Thank you guys
You will apply for Set(m) if you wish to apply for settlement, assuming you meet the requirements, if not, an extension under flr(m).

Thank you very much for your quick reply. I would love to know if you have a link or list of all the requirements required. Thank you very much once again

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sun May 12, 2013 9:25 pm

TODMATT wrote:
D4109125 wrote:

Thank you guys
Thank you very much for your quick reply. I would love to know if you have a link or list of all the requirements required. Thank you very much once again
See http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... ormset(m)/
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

TODMATT
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by TODMATT » Sun May 12, 2013 9:27 pm

You don't know how happy i am to recieve your quick response and here is another question.

I have a friend of mine who was issued with 3 years visa recently based on Article 8 or family life because he has access to his child etc but he would love to know whether he will be given another 3 years or permanent resident. Thank you

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sun May 12, 2013 10:16 pm

TODMATT wrote:You don't know how happy i am to recieve your quick response and here is another question.

I have a friend of mine who was issued with 3 years visa recently based on Article 8 or family life because he has access to his child etc but he would love to know whether he will be given another 3 years or permanent resident. Thank you
You will not be able to apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) until you have lived in the UK for at least six years under the Discretionary Leave to Remain (article 8 leave). He would need to seek OISC advice to see if he would be eligible for another 3 years Discretionary Leave to Remain, I certainly cannot say what his chances would be, it would depend on a number of factors.

TODMATT
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by TODMATT » Sun May 12, 2013 10:21 pm

Thank you very much once again. He has asked me to ask you, Assuming he got married to a British citizen here, i.e Spouse visa but under which visa would he applied for after his marriage to a British citizen. Please i'm sorry for all this question and thanks for your insight. really appreciate it

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sun May 12, 2013 10:23 pm

TODMATT wrote:Thank you very much once again. He has asked me to ask you, Assuming he got married to a British citizen here, i.e Spouse visa but under which visa would he applied for after his marriage to a British citizen. Please i'm sorry for all this question and thanks for your insight. really appreciate it
A spouse visa would be FLR(m) for further leave to remain (after his DLR I assume you mean), an extension, or SET(o) if he qualified for settlement under DL.

TODMATT
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by TODMATT » Sun May 12, 2013 10:27 pm

D4109125 wrote:
TODMATT wrote:Thank you very much once again. He has asked me to ask you, Assuming he got married to a British citizen here, i.e Spouse visa but under which visa would he applied for after his marriage to a British citizen. Please i'm sorry for all this question and thanks for your insight. really appreciate it
A spouse visa would be FLR(m) for further leave to remain (after his DLR I assume you mean), an extension, or SET(m) if he qualified for settlement.
I'm sorry i didn't make it very clear. I meant say after his 3 years extension or during the course of his 3 years visa(Article 8) if he got married to a British citizen then can he applied for SET(M)? is this what you mean by SET(M) if he qualified for settlement.

Thank you very much

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sun May 12, 2013 10:31 pm

TODMATT wrote:
D4109125 wrote:
A spouse visa would be FLR(m) for further leave to remain (after his DLR I assume you mean), an extension, or SET(m) if he qualified for settlement.
I'm sorry i didn't make it very clear. I meant say after his 3 years extension or during the course of his 3 years visa(Article 8) if he got married to a British citizen then can he applied for SET(M)? is this what you mean by SET(M) if he qualified for settlement.

Thank you very much
He would have to go for spouse/partner further leave to remain - FLR(m) first to then qualify for spouse settlement under Set(m). To get Set(o) settlement he would have to have his 'Article 8' leave extended for a total of 6 years.