ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Refused to travel to EU countries

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ghirleeh_lim
Newly Registered

Refused to travel to EU countries

Post by ghirleeh_lim » Mon May 13, 2013 12:34 am

Anyone could give me some advice or thoughts?
I am a Filipino citizen and holding a Philippine passport. I am married to an EU national (Portuguese). I also have a UK residence card stating "family member of an EEA". We are living in England.
Last 11th of May 2013, we were about to travel by cruise to these countries France, Spain, Portugal and Italy. However the cruise border staff did not allow me to leave England. He said that because I don't have a schengen visa.
We explained and gave proof to him that I don't need a schengen visa as I have a residence card and accompanied by my husband who is a Portuguese national exercising his rights.
We are aware of this because we search in each countries website that a family member of a EEA national holding a residence card and traveling with an EEA national doesn't need a visa when travelling in Eu country and with an EEA family.
Do you think that my freedom of movement was been denied to me? And can I make a legal complaint against the cruise border? Do i really need to get a schengen visa?
I'm really desperate to get an answer as we missed our holiday and all the expenses we paid :(

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Mon May 13, 2013 4:56 am

It is the result of lack of information regarding directive. You must have asked for senior official to confirm this in writing. However, you must need to lodge a complaint against the cruis ship staff which is totally unfair.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Mon May 13, 2013 2:02 pm

You definitely should seek compensation. They refused you entry and you had exactly the right documents.

Did they give you something in writing?

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Mon May 13, 2013 8:04 pm

I concur with the other posters. Complain and seek compensation.

ukforever
Member of Standing

Post by ukforever » Mon May 13, 2013 11:40 pm

UK------++++-------****

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Sun May 19, 2013 12:41 am

Have you requested compensation yet?