ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent Help!! Mother visit visa got refused

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ginger.garlic

Urgent Help!! Mother visit visa got refused

Post by ginger.garlic » Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:00 pm

Hi All,

I want to invite my mother to visit us in UK as we are expecting our first baby. She is a housewife and I will be sponsoring her full trip.

I have enough money to support her but problem is few weeks ago I have left my permanent job and started contracting with my own limited company. Now as I have just started I still have about month to receive my first salary so I only have payslips from last job.

Now queries are , should I show only payslip form my last job as they are up to February or should I ask my accountant to give me some letter, in that case what all should be stated in that letter?

Please suggest.

Thanks a lot
Last edited by ginger.garlic on Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ban.s

Re: Just started limited company and inviting mother

Post by ban.s » Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:10 pm

ginger.garlic wrote:
I have enough money to support her ...
provide evidence of your savings in support to the application.

ginger.garlic

Re: Just started limited company and inviting mother

Post by ginger.garlic » Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:50 pm

ban.s wrote:
ginger.garlic wrote:
I have enough money to support her ...
provide evidence of your savings in support to the application.
I will be submitting my 6 months bank statement but I am not sure if that is sufficient as that won't confirm my future income? Wont I need to state that, so should I have letter from accountant?

ginger.garlic

Post by ginger.garlic » Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:11 pm

Sadly my mother visa got refused.

In my invitation letter I stated that I will be taking care of all her expenses for the trip and back home in India she is supported by my father. They have refused on the ground that no evidence is been submitted of my father income. she has submitted paper of property on her name and bank statement(account opened 5 months ago but intention was not for applying visa) and I have given all the necessary document from my end payslip, bank statement, NOC etc.

I did not get it why they needed my father income proof when I am sponsoring her full trip.

In this regard my query is
1) Should I reapply with my father bank statement and Income tax return?

Next, We have our ILR due but waiting for baby arrival so that we can apply ILR for all of us as we do not want citizenship for our baby. but in case my mom visa get rejected again then we will left alone on our first child birth so I am thinking instead of applying mother visa should my wife go to India for delivery as she can still travel.

But, what will be the process then to get kids visa in India and when they return can I apply there ILR as my wife will be away for 4-6 months?

Please Help!!

Thanks a lot

ginger.garlic

Post by ginger.garlic » Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:15 pm

ginger.garlic wrote:Sadly my mother visa got refused.

In my invitation letter I stated that I will be taking care of all her expenses for the trip and back home in India she is supported by my father. They have refused on the ground that no evidence is been submitted of my father income. she has submitted paper of property on her name and bank statement(account opened 5 months ago but intention was not for applying visa) and I have given all the necessary document from my end payslip, bank statement, NOC etc.

I did not get it why they needed my father income proof when I am sponsoring her full trip.

Next, We have our ILR due but waiting for baby arrival so that we can apply ILR for all of us as we do not want citizenship for our baby. but in case my mom visa get rejected again then we will left alone on our first child birth so I am thinking instead of applying mother visa should my wife go to India for delivery as she can still travel.

But, what will be the process then to get kids visa in India and when they return can I apply there ILR as my wife will be away for 4-6 months?

Please Help!!

Thanks a lot
Hi All,

Any suggestion!!

I am thinking to reapply my mother visit visa. What is the reapplying procedure?

Please help

Thanks

ginger.garlic

Post by ginger.garlic » Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:45 pm

Hi All,

I am in dilemma don't know what to do? This forum has always come to rescue provide some suggestion this time too.

Since my mother visa is refused on ground of lack of document to show evidence of her support her in India. Will it be better to apply visa of my father too along with reapplying for my mother? I am thinking this because all of my friends have invited both their parents and none have been refused.

Thanks a lot,
Waiting for some suggestions.

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:59 pm

ginger.garlic wrote:

it seems the ECO was not satisfied with the ties with home country from the submitted evidence.

can you quote the exact reasons for refusal from letter?

ginger.garlic

Post by ginger.garlic » Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:44 pm

Thanks ban.s or your concern. Below is the exact letter of refusal I got.
I must consider your personal and financial circumtances. You state that you are suppoted by your spouse. Your son in his letter state he is a businessman. However you have failed to submit satisfactory evidence of his personal or financial circumtances in India. You have not provided evidence of is employment or buisness intrest o his bank staements.

I note that you have submitted a bank statement in your own name which shows closing balance on 11/3/2013 of Rs. 115000, however you hvae not explained the source of this these funds. I notice account as opened on 11/11/12 and that all but Rs 100000 was deposited in one sum on 11/3/2013. You have not detailed source of this deposit.

The affidevit you have provided from yourself confirming your marriage is not helpful from the point of assessing you or your husband financial circumtances.These documnets do not substantiate your personal circumtances in India or establish or that you have sufficient economic and other ties in you home country that demonstrate your intention to leave UK after your visit.

I recognize that your finanicial sponsor in the UK proposes to bear the cost of your accomdation and food but it is your circumtances that must be considerd. In light of the above I am not satisied that you have presented a full or accurate picture of your or your husband's income, employment, economic or personal circumtances for assesment pupose. This leads me to doubt your intention in the UK. I cannot be satisfied, on the balance of probablities that you are genuinely seeking the entry. I am therefore not satisfied that you meet the requirtements of Paragraph 41(i) and (ii) of the UK immigration Rules HC395(as amended).

Your right of appeal is limited to the grounds referred in section 84(1)(c) of the NAtionality, Immigration and Assylum Act 2002
Two mistakes I did
Not providing my father's financial evidences but I thought I need to provide just mine.
Not explaining Rs. 100K transfer which I did in her account from home country bank account but I did this as asked in form how much money did sponsor giving you and we filled 100K in that.

Now I am planing to apply my parents visa together. Is this a right decision or should I apply only my mother visa once again?

Thanks

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:16 pm

ginger.garlic wrote: Two mistakes I did
Not providing my father's financial evidences but I thought I need to provide just mine.
Not explaining Rs. 100K transfer which I did in her account from home country bank account but I did this as asked in form how much money did sponsor giving you and we filled 100K in that.

Now I am planing to apply my parents visa together. Is this a right decision or should I apply only my mother visa once again?

Thanks
You father's financial evidences were required to confirm applicant's social / economic ties with the country.
You also don't necessarily need to transfer money in support to the application. It can be answered indirectly without actual fund transfer.
see this post
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?p=823035

Re re-application, you don't need to include your father if he is not intending to travel. You can submit a new application for your mother but addressing the concerns that ECO mentioned in the refusal letter.

Include your dad's financial documents, employment/business evidences, income tax papers, any joint bank statement with your mother etc - this will prove her social ties with the country.

Re. the lumpsum money transfer - include the evidence of money transfer and also state how that fund would be used e.g. to purchase air tickets, visa and other incidentanal expenses for overseas travel etc.

ginger.garlic

Post by ginger.garlic » Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:17 am

Thanks a lot ban.s for your reply.

I will try to reapply and if my father is still willing then I will apply visa for my my father too. Explaining ECO concern of last refusal.

ginger.garlic

Post by ginger.garlic » Mon May 13, 2013 12:48 am

Hi All,

Based on above thread I am now going to apply my parents visa. As my mother visa was earlier refused this time I want to make sure everything is right. Please help me with below queries.

1. In my mother's form for the question "Is there any other information you wish to consider as part of your application?" Should I say yes and explain the last refusal points or should I say No and write separately in cover letter?

2. Explanation of last refusal should be on separate letter or I can include in the invitation letter?

For my father its a fresh application for economic and financial ties he will be showing property papers and last 3 year ITR(Income Tax Return). Since he is a sole proprietor all his income flow is on his business current account.
3. Is it sufficient to show this business account statement or need to provide any other evidence too?
4. How to calculate per month income? Is it amount on ITR/12?
5. Per month income needs to be net or gross?

Evidence I am including from my parents side
1. Property papers of my mother and father.
2. Mother's bank statement.
3. Business current account statement.
4. Letter explaining my mother refusal of visit visa.
5. Letter from my elder brother stating that he will look after my father business in his absence.
6. Marriage affidavit.

Will these evidence are sufficient or am I missing something?

Please Help.

ginger.garlic

Post by ginger.garlic » Mon May 13, 2013 12:10 pm

ginger.garlic wrote:Hi All,

Based on above thread I am now going to apply my parents visa. As my mother visa was earlier refused this time I want to make sure everything is right. Please help me with below queries.

1. In my mother's form for the question "Is there any other information you wish to consider as part of your application?" Should I say yes and explain the last refusal points or should I say No and write separately in cover letter?

2. Explanation of last refusal should be on separate letter or I can include in the invitation letter?

For my father its a fresh application for economic and financial ties he will be showing property papers and last 3 year ITR(Income Tax Return). Since he is a sole proprietor all his income flow is on his business current account.
3. Is it sufficient to show this business account statement or need to provide any other evidence too?
4. How to calculate per month income? Is it amount on ITR/12?
5. Per month income needs to be net or gross?

Evidence I am including from my parents side
1. Property papers of my mother and father.
2. Mother's bank statement.
3. Business current account statement.
4. Letter explaining my mother refusal of visit visa.
5. Letter from my elder brother stating that he will look after my father business in his absence.
6. Marriage affidavit.

Will these evidence are sufficient or am I missing something?

Please Help.
Please share your views. I am concerned that may be my case so different that people viewing the thread but no response!!

I don't know if this needs to go on different thread?

ginger.garlic

Post by ginger.garlic » Tue May 14, 2013 9:06 am

Gurus, Senior members any suggestions???

mrproblem

Post by mrproblem » Tue May 14, 2013 5:02 pm

Looks like you are including your father as well with this new application. Is that because the plan changed and both of them traveling or is it just for attaching his property documents etc.

Take steps to consider that they dont misunderstand again. Because, if it was only your mother, you could have said that because your father is not applying and he is staying back in India, so your mother will definitely return to join your father. But now because you are applying for both make it clear and bold that they both will go back because they got all the properties and business.

Definitely addressing point by point through the last refusal letter is a good idea.

By the way, I understand that you are applying for taking care of your wife. I would suggest not to mention that in the letter (this is only my idea, but experts may say different. I have got refused when I said the same and lot of them suggested me why you mentioned about the pregnancy and help etc because NHS is there to take care). You can mention something like a casual visit, unless you have not already done so

mrproblem

Post by mrproblem » Tue May 14, 2013 5:08 pm

By the way, when you applied via VFS, did you send originals as well as photocopies? Planning to apply for my parents. Just want to know more about your process

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Tue May 14, 2013 7:32 pm

I would keep invitation letter for invitation / sponsorship purpose only and add a separate document addressing previous refusal.
The reason being invitation letter is from sponsor and addressing previous refusal is applicant's responsibility - so keep them separate. However, in your invitation letter you can mention about your previous money trf.

If your parents have got any form of fixed deposits etc, please include them as they will strengthen ties with home country.

ginger.garlic

Post by ginger.garlic » Wed May 15, 2013 11:09 am

Thanks for responses.

This time I am going to include my father visa application too as the trip is shorten and he too can come.

For sure If my mother come she can support and share her experiences but our main motive is to have their presence on this event(We don't want to regret being in UK) but I understand VFS officer might consider it otherwise. In my last invitation letter I have already mention that I am inviting my mother to celebrate this occasion so not mentioning this time may be consider wrong? What should I do? I have Maternity certificate too from GP. Don't know whether to include that or not.

mrproblem, last time I send all original but this time considering to send scan as I have reply from VFS service that they do consider scan copy for documents from UK .

ban.s, They do not have fixed deposit but they have good number of properties. In regard to refusal letter what points I should clarify other than money transfer as other points should get consider automatically as my father too applying. Is my understating wrong?

Thanks for replies.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Thu May 16, 2013 8:59 pm

My advice would be to try and prove with documentary evidence of your fathers circumstances ( especially the financial bit) as this will prove that he has sufficient funds and other ties to India to support his wife and return back there after the visit.

I think they are doubting your mums intention to return to her husband and her country cos she failed to provide documentary evidence to this effect.

The ECO does not doubt your intention.ability to support and pay for your mums trip,its her intention to return home is the main doubt :wink: