ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Moving from Ireland

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rafo
Newly Registered

Moving from Ireland

Post by rafo » Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:26 pm

Hi,
I am Portuguese married to a Brazilian. We have been living in Ireland for almost 1 year now and my wife has been waiting for her residence card for almost 9 months. Her temporary visa (join spouse) was valid for only one month and therefore is expired (she has not left the country since then).
During the last month I travelled to UK and had some interviews. Last week I got an offer which I want to accept.
Now I want to know if it would be possible for me to travel along with my wife (whose passport has an expired visa) and apply for her residence card in there.
Thanks for the attention,
Rafael

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:42 pm

I think your wife needs to make an application for an EEA Family Permit at the British Embassy in Dublin.
John

yankeegirl

Post by yankeegirl » Fri Apr 13, 2007 5:10 pm

Rafo,

When you applied for the residence card for your wife to remain in Ireland, did they send you a letter stating anything to the effect that the application was received, is under consideration etc? If so, you may want to include that with your family permit application just to make sure the British embassy knows that she is legally in Ireland, if the visa in her passport has expired.

rafo
Newly Registered

Post by rafo » Fri Apr 20, 2007 3:37 pm

No, they did not send anything... they do not answer phone calls and neither email messages. They do not respect Immigrants... :-(
I have just called the Immigration Council (non governament organisation) and they said Ireland is refusing residence visa to spouses of Europeans if the non-European partner has not lived in another European country (part of EU) before coming to Ireland. I wonder this could be a trend for the other European countries as well...
I think we are going to hire an immigration lawyer to deal with our situation.
Thanks anyway.
Rafael