ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 Visa_Invitation to Mother In Law

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

vinodtoshniwal
Newly Registered

Tier 2 Visa_Invitation to Mother In Law

Post by vinodtoshniwal » Mon May 13, 2013 12:35 pm

Hello Guys,

I am working in UK with my work permit expiry date end of August. My wife and 1 kid are with me on dependent visa. My wife is pregnant with due date of 20th June. I want to invite my mother in law. Me and my wife both are Indian passport holders and so my mother in law. I have following questions -
1. Shall I mention, my wife is pregnant and so my mother in law wants to come for moral support etc. Can not it be reason for deny of visa as they will say, she will kill one care taker person job or so ?
2. during online application, it asks relation of applicant with sponsor and I being sponcer will be called son in law, but there is no such relation ship mentioned in drop down menu. Shall I mention daughter and give my relation ship etc, but I am worried as my wife is Housewife and she itself is on dependent visa.

vinodtoshniwal
Newly Registered

Post by vinodtoshniwal » Mon May 13, 2013 3:17 pm

Can forum help with answer please. !

ram80
United Kingdom

Post by ram80 » Mon May 13, 2013 9:51 pm

1. Shall I mention, my wife is pregnant and so my mother in law wants to come for moral support etc. Can not it be reason for deny of visa as they will say, she will kill one care taker person job or so ?
I was told by someone it is a bad idea to supply unnecessarily detailed personal information, and it might work against you. Better to simply say she would be visiting you both for xyz months and to spend time with grandchildren.
2. during online application, it asks relation of applicant with sponsor and I being sponcer will be called son in law, but there is no such relation ship mentioned in drop down menu. Shall I mention daughter and give my relation ship etc, but I am worried as my wife is Housewife and she itself is on dependent visa.
Use the nearest option available.
This post does not contain legal advice.

vinodtoshniwal
Newly Registered

Post by vinodtoshniwal » Mon May 13, 2013 10:06 pm

thanks. For relation ship can I go ahead with daughter in online application and give all documents of mine and also my relation ship with wife. And during submission of documents it can be shared.

ram80
United Kingdom

Post by ram80 » Mon May 13, 2013 10:09 pm

In laws visit, the son in law sponsors the visa - It happens all the time mate, what are you nervous about? :-)

vinodtoshniwal
Newly Registered

Post by vinodtoshniwal » Mon May 13, 2013 10:10 pm

Yes, agree but there is no son in law relationship in drop down menu in online application form !!

ram80
United Kingdom

Post by ram80 » Mon May 13, 2013 10:11 pm

So use daughter, and put the facts in your invitation letter. If you are really concerned, go and seek immigration lawyer's advice.

However I've done the same thing last year, and there wasnt any problem.

vinodtoshniwal
Newly Registered

Post by vinodtoshniwal » Mon May 13, 2013 10:14 pm

ok that's perfect. One more query, which was raised letter today. My visa is expiring in August 2013, so Is that can be a reason to not to give visa to my mother in law ? (As 6 months minimum validity is must or so ?)
Can I mention that my visa will be renewed letter by company.

ram80
United Kingdom

Post by ram80 » Mon May 13, 2013 10:19 pm

Yeah a letter from the company may help if they have decided to renew your visa. But as with any visa decision, one cannot be sure of the result. You can only make the application as strong as possible

vinodtoshniwal
Newly Registered

Post by vinodtoshniwal » Mon May 13, 2013 10:21 pm

Ok, but if I can not get a letter as it is still not sure as it will be decided after June (after appraisal cycle). what shall I do ?

I could not find any such clause that, It is must to have 6 month validity visa on sponser passport !

please suggest, I am very tensed as this visa issue is very important for me.

ram80
United Kingdom

Post by ram80 » Mon May 13, 2013 10:30 pm

What the visa officer might be concerned about is whether your MIL will be left in the UK without a place to stay if your renewal doesn't happen.

If you can give some assurance that your MIL will leave before your visa expires, it might work in your favour. It is your duty to provide due information, the visa officer may not like to assume anything which is unclear.

vinodtoshniwal
Newly Registered

Post by vinodtoshniwal » Mon May 13, 2013 10:34 pm

But will it help if I request visa till validity of 20 or 25th August i.e. 10 days before my visa expiry. what can be a document for assurance for this point - " MIL will leave before your visa expires "

Shall I just block a ticket from UK to Mumbai of 20th August date and give a copy of that ?

Can you suggest what can be document for this ?

or shall I state, that I will also leave before my visa expires, so automatically it is proved.

ram80
United Kingdom

Post by ram80 » Mon May 13, 2013 10:41 pm

If you provide a booked ticket for your MIL leaving before your visa's expiry, as supporting document, it would strongly indicate that she does not intend to stay beyond your visa's expiry.

Later on, if your visa gets extended, you might be able to extend your MIL's departure date as required subject to her visa's last day.

Also on the application, if the dates of intended stay are matching with the dates on the flight ticket (as above), it might be seen as favourable.

In any case I think the visit visa will be valid for 6 months.

vinodtoshniwal
Newly Registered

Post by vinodtoshniwal » Mon May 13, 2013 10:46 pm

Ok, but Visa website also says that we recommend not to book any tickets at all.

So, do you think if I say in my invitation letter that, I will also leave to India with my visa expiry ( ir-respective of if my visa is extended or not ), will that help ?

As I am ok, even if she is here for 2 months and leave by August !

ram80
United Kingdom

Post by ram80 » Mon May 13, 2013 10:48 pm

I am not sure, maybe others can help.

vinodtoshniwal
Newly Registered

Post by vinodtoshniwal » Mon May 13, 2013 10:50 pm

ok sure, thanks for all your guidance. fingers crossed as I have taken date of 15th for Application.