ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET(O) & SET(M) applications - Oct 2012 (timelines only)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Maliksahb

Post by Maliksahb » Thu May 09, 2013 2:53 pm

Congrats..... Sirdi and samriti2u

Maliksahb

Post by Maliksahb » Thu May 09, 2013 4:55 pm

samriti2u wrote:Gmx,

I am sorry to hear that.

Pre-Action protocol is basically a letter which informs a party that if an action is not taken by them you'll take a court action to recover the costs-

Example in your case: cost of travel tickets that you missed due to delay in ILR, any benefits you missed (eg: child care), legal costs , compensation for stress, anxiety and inconvenience caused due to no response from them plus any other cost eg: loss of employment.....

But before you take this action you'll need legal help from a solicitor.

Also, before any action you'll have to prove that you have incurred costs.

Take care...... An let me know if you need any help.
Did you send this preAction letter yourself or solicitor help? Please guide us if we want to send it.

gmx

Post by gmx » Fri May 10, 2013 10:53 am

hi samriti2u,

Thanks for helping

Why did you suggest not to take the matter with our MPs?

samriti2u

Post by samriti2u » Fri May 10, 2013 11:13 am

Thanks All,

I can confirm now that my application has been approved and I've received BRP same day as my document.

Maliksaab: I didn't initiate Pre-Action protocol. I only mentioned the fact that I will initiate pre-action protocol if I don't receive a response in 7 working days. Also, I gave them date of travel with employer letter- Date of travel was 20 days from date of letter.

I'd mentioned two actions in case they don't respond within 7 days-

1. I'll initiate pre-action protocol, and
2. Raise the matter with MP and Teresa May.

I would suggest following guidelines for letter to expedite-

1. Start with reason to expedite with date of travel along with any flight tickets/ hotel reservations that you've made. Please give them at least 20 days to process your application.

2. Impact on business, on your employment, on your parents, or on your family if above travel is not undertaken? It could be financial loss to you, your employer or inconvenience , stress etc depending upon your situation.

3. What do you expect them to do? Tell them what you want to do and within how many working days?

4. What if your request to expedite your case is not expedited? Tell them what action you'll take in case your request is not granted.

I am sure they'll listen to you if you follow above guidelines and you have a real case of urgency.

Lastly, I would like to thank all the members who have posted their valuable responses on this thread. When I started this thread I didn't know if anyone will participate or not? But thanks to you all and I wish good luck with your efforts to get a decision.

Gmx: You have a genuine case , please raise it up following above guidelines with medical proofs. You may contact your MP when all other ways to deal with the problem have been exhausted. What I mean is in the end it's the UKBA staff that is going to take a decision on your application. It would be more appropriate to follow proper route, I know it could be time consuming but you'll get the results.

Cheers!
Disclaimer: I am not an immigration lawyer or a regulated OISC adviser. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion.

Maliksahb

Post by Maliksahb » Fri May 10, 2013 12:45 pm

samriti2u wrote:Thanks All,

I can confirm now that my application has been approved and I've received BRP same day as my document.

Maliksaab: I didn't initiate Pre-Action protocol. I only mentioned the fact that I will initiate pre-action protocol if I don't receive a response in 7 working days. Also, I gave them date of travel with employer letter- Date of travel was 20 days from date of letter.

1. Start with reason to expedite with date of travel along with any flight tickets/ hotel reservations that you've made. Please give them at least 20 days to process your application.

2. Impact on business, on your employment, on your parents, or on your family if above travel is not undertaken? It could be financial loss to you, your employer or inconvenience , stress etc depending upon your situation.

3. What do you expect them to do? Tell them what you want to do and within how many working days?

4. What if your request to expedite your case is not expedited? Tell them what action you'll take in case your request is not granted.

I am sure they'll listen to you if you follow above guidelines and you have a real case of urgency.

Lastly, I would like to thank all the members who have posted their valuable responses on this thread. When I started this thread I didn't know if anyone will participate or not? But thanks to you all and I wish good luck with your efforts to get a decision.

Gmx: You have a genuine case , please raise it up following above guidelines with medical proofs. You may contact your MP when all other ways to deal with the problem have been exhausted. What I mean is in the end it's the UKBA staff that is going to take a decision on your application. It would be more appropriate to follow proper route, I know it could be time consuming but you'll get the results.

Cheers!

Thanks samriti2u and best of luck. Enjoy your life.

cpf
Newly Registered

Post by cpf » Fri May 10, 2013 1:31 pm

Congrats Samriti2u. And thanks a lot for creating this thread. :)

gmx

Post by gmx » Fri May 10, 2013 2:08 pm

I have just missed my package today (Special Delivery) and I confirmed with UKBA that is indeed my package. It was sent out yesterday by them.

I called on Wednesday to be told that it was still pending. So, apparently the decision was made yesterday (Thursday).

Thanks everyone and I'll come back for more updates.

Maliksahb

Post by Maliksahb » Fri May 10, 2013 2:27 pm

gmx wrote:I have just missed my package today (Special Delivery) and I confirmed with UKBA that is indeed my package. It was sent out yesterday by them.

I called on Wednesday to be told that it was still pending. So, apparently the decision was made yesterday (Thursday).

Happy to know about you. Did you expedite or its normal?

gmx

Post by gmx » Fri May 10, 2013 3:37 pm

I asked to expedite on 1-May on compassionate reason
Maliksahb wrote:
gmx wrote:I have just missed my package today (Special Delivery) and I confirmed with UKBA that is indeed my package. It was sent out yesterday by them.

samriti2u

Post by samriti2u » Fri May 10, 2013 5:10 pm

Good stuff Gmx...... I am really happy to hear that. Hopefully you'll get BRP in 2 days.
Disclaimer: I am not an immigration lawyer or a regulated OISC adviser. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion.

wordable

Post by wordable » Fri May 10, 2013 7:05 pm

Hi all. My timeline is as follows:

Application type : Set O. HSMP (2years) + Tier 1(3years) with 2 dependants
Application sent: Oct 5th, 2012
Application Received: Oct 8th, 2012
Acknowledgement letter dated: Oct 15th, 2012
Payment method: Postal order
Biometrics completed: Dec 21st, 2012
Approval and Documents Received: Still waiting
BRP Received: Still waiting

It will be 7 months on the 15th of May since the acknowledgment letter dated! I lost a very good job because of my immigration status, you must be a British national or have a permanent residency to secure the job! We can't travel or change jobs, that's if one has a job!

wordable

Post by wordable » Fri May 10, 2013 7:07 pm

Hi all. My timeline is as follows:

Approval and Documents Received: 24th July, 2013

All the best for all those still waiting. It takes God, patience and positive attitude!
Last edited by wordable on Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:31 pm, edited 7 times in total.

onabanjo

Post by onabanjo » Sat May 11, 2013 4:15 pm

samriti2u wrote:Thanks All,

Cheers!

Congratulations .Enjoy your ILR and thanks for creating this thread :D
Disclaimer: I am no immigration lawyer nor am I OISC qualified. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion.

Maliksahb

Post by Maliksahb » Mon May 13, 2013 9:42 am

gmx wrote:I asked to expedite on 1-May on compassionate reason
Maliksahb wrote:

compassionate reason???

gmx

Post by gmx » Mon May 13, 2013 10:33 am

Yes

My previous post

In samriti2u's case, it's a compelling reason, I guess.
Maliksahb wrote:
Maliksahb wrote:

compassionate reason???

Maliksahb

Post by Maliksahb » Mon May 13, 2013 11:46 am

gmx wrote:Yes

My previous post

Maliksahb wrote:
Maliksahb wrote:

compassionate reason???

Thanks, I meant did you sent email or letter to whom?

gmx

Post by gmx » Mon May 13, 2013 11:59 am

Hi Maliksahb,

I e-mailed them

Did you ever get a written reply from them?

Maliksahb wrote:

My previous post

Maliksahb wrote:
compassionate reason???

Maliksahb

Post by Maliksahb » Mon May 13, 2013 12:39 pm

gmx wrote:Hi Maliksahb,

I e-mailed them

Maliksahb wrote:

My previous post

Maliksahb wrote:
compassionate reason???

Yes got letter from them but it looks like more generic letter. I did sent my email to ALL of them as well but they replied about expediting but nothing happened until now. I have same situation as you have. Asked them to consider at compassionate base...

Maliksahb

Post by Maliksahb » Mon May 13, 2013 3:08 pm

wordable wrote:Hi all. My timeline is as follows:

Approval and Documents Received: Still waiting

It will be 7 months on the 15th of May since the acknowledgment letter dated! I lost a very good job because of my immigration status, you must be a British national or have a permanent residency to secure the job! We can't travel or change jobs, that's if one has a job!
Did you contact your MP?

gmx

Post by gmx » Mon May 13, 2013 3:24 pm

When did you send it and when did you get the reply?
Maliksahb wrote:

I e-mailed them

Maliksahb wrote:

My previous post

Yes got letter from them but it looks like more generic letter. I did sent my email to ALL of them as well but they replied about expediting but nothing happened until now. I have same situation as you have. Asked them to consider at compassionate base...

Peet77
Newly Registered

Post by Peet77 » Mon May 13, 2013 3:27 pm

Congrats samriti2u & gmx for your visa approvals! Your approvals have given me some hope that my visa will be approved soon.

So I just rang them to check on my application and the lady I spoke to was kinda helpful. She asked if I was applying after coming out of the Tier 1 visa and I said yes. She said although my file is not quite complete, the notes on the system indicates that generally they're working on those applications (meaning those from Tier 1) from October 2012 so fingers crossed I will hear something this week!

I'm staying positive that she didn't give me a scripted reply!

Maliksahb

Post by Maliksahb » Mon May 13, 2013 5:29 pm

gmx wrote:When did you send it and when did you get the reply?
Maliksahb wrote:

I e-mailed them

Maliksahb wrote:

By post i sent 4 weeks before and by email i sent after you mentioned here (10 days i think)it but both time got scripted answers.

wordable

Post by wordable » Mon May 13, 2013 5:49 pm

@maliksahb, l'm planning to contact my MP now.

samriti2u

Post by samriti2u » Mon May 13, 2013 8:23 pm

Hi Onabanjo, Peet77 and other users,

Most Oct, 2012 applicants may expect to hear in next few weeks.

I'll request all those expecting not to panic and hold on for few more weeks.

You may keep pressing your case in parallel but don't lose your sleeps. I know it can get very stressful at times but remember you've done what ever you could have? and there few things in our lives which are beyond our control.

So, keep yourself busy with other stuff and you'll hear postman ring soon.

Best of luck to all.

raoghere
Newly Registered

Post by raoghere » Tue May 14, 2013 8:33 am

Hi all users,

I have been a silent reader on this forum for past 4 months. my application time line is as follows....

10 years Long Residency ILR
Postal:- Postal Next Day Delivery
Date of submission: Saturday 20/10/2012
Date of received by UKBA: Monday 22/10/2012
Date of debit of debit/credit card: 27/10/2012
Date of acknowledgement : Dated 23/10/2012 Received on:25/10/2012
Date of Biometric:- 20/12/2012
Date of approval: waiting
Date of Passport/BRP receive: waiting

CONGRATS to Samriti2u, gmx, sirdi and all others who ever received their approvals. Best of luck to you all for your future. Hope we all (rest of Oct 2012 timeliners) will hear something from UKBA soon..