ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Employing an Indian National on HSMP

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Mark Burke
Newly Registered

Employing an Indian National on HSMP

Post by Mark Burke » Fri Apr 13, 2007 3:38 pm

Hi,

I wonder if anyone can help me.

I cam conisdering employing a Indian National who is on a HSMP. The nature of our business means that their is some times need to visit/respond to clients abroad all over the world. Now we can get visa's for our british employees to make business trips and I was wondering what problems I would encounter if I employeed someone on HSMP?

Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

olisun
Diamond Member

Post by olisun » Fri Apr 13, 2007 3:51 pm

I don't think you will have any problems employing somebody on HSMP...

Mark Burke
Newly Registered

Post by Mark Burke » Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:09 pm

My concern is that it may be a lot of administration and cost implications for him to travel on business trips as we need to be able to respond quickly

olisun
Diamond Member

Post by olisun » Fri Apr 13, 2007 5:47 pm

Mark Burke wrote:My concern is that it may be a lot of administration and cost implications for him to travel on business trips as we need to be able to respond quickly
Well it depends on what country he /she is from and if the person needs visas to travel to those countries you intend to send him/her to.

hk_007

Post by hk_007 » Fri Apr 13, 2007 6:46 pm

Mark Burke wrote:My concern is that it may be a lot of administration and cost implications for him to travel on business trips as we need to be able to respond quickly
It is a valid concern. As an Indian national, he will require a visa to visit practically any country.

If he needs to visit one of the 14 Schengen countries, then a single visa will enable him to vist all these countries. For business, visa with 1 year validity is given.

To the USA-visa with 10 year validity have been reintroduced

To Switzerland- no need for a visa with valid HSMP/WP

In general visas cost approx GBP 30-45 and at times takes about 3-4 weeks to be issued.

bulldozer
Newly Registered

Post by bulldozer » Sat Apr 14, 2007 11:10 am

It also depends on the travel history of the person. If he she has extensive travel history on their passport, it will be easier to get a visa that is for a longer period with multiple entry.