ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Maximum absences over 5 years for ILR??

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

LondonGirl
Newly Registered

Maximum absences over 5 years for ILR??

Post by LondonGirl » Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:26 pm

Hello,

I will be eligible for ILR at the end of the year after a 5 year work permit. I am struggling to find any clear cut information about the maximum period allowed out of the UK over the 5 year timeframe leading up to ILR. I am aware that one cannot be out of the country for more than 90 days in the last 12 month period.

Over the last 4 years, I have been out 76 days for work and 120 days for holidays. I expect to be out this year for about a total of 20 days maybe.
I have read that the timeframe allowed is 6 months over 5 years - does this include work-related absences??

Thanks.

jazbaati99

Post by jazbaati99 » Sat Apr 14, 2007 10:25 am

You will be fine, I suggest that you do get a company letter explaining your absences due to company reasons. 140 days absence in 5 years for holidays is totally fine. Don't worry you'll do fine.

LondonGirl
Newly Registered

Post by LondonGirl » Sat Apr 14, 2007 11:26 am

Phew! Thanks - I have been driving myself crazy worrying about this.