ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Immigration Stamp

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kpk1234

Immigration Stamp

Post by kpk1234 » Sun May 12, 2013 11:23 pm

Hi,

I am on Tier 1 (General) Visa. I have recently visited Ireland and on the way back at Manchester airport T3 my passport and visa was not checked as
and I was directly let out through domestic arrivals. I have inquired with information desk advisor and was told no immigration check was required as I was travelling within EU. I am just wondering anyone have been in similar situation. I am a bit concerned as I am due to apply for ILR soon and don't want any hassle. But the airlines check my documentation before boarding the flight at Dublin.

Many Thanks

nafe12

Post by nafe12 » Mon May 13, 2013 2:06 pm

It's not because travelling in the EU (UK isn't Schengen), it's because you were going to/travelling from IRELAND

ram80
United Kingdom

Post by ram80 » Mon May 13, 2013 9:43 pm

As long as you are not planning to claim the days you spent in Ireland as qualifying period for settlement, you may be fine.
This post does not contain legal advice.

megatop

Post by megatop » Tue May 14, 2013 10:08 am

Had a similar experience while taking the ferry across the English channel to Calais.

No one checked/ stamped the passport while entering France whereas UKBA did it on return.

Had the same/similar experience but do not know the impact.

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue May 14, 2013 11:21 am

Keep your boarding cards and travel tickets.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.