ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Police certificate required for EACH country you lived in?

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

lanwarrior

Police certificate required for EACH country you lived in?

Post by lanwarrior » Sat Apr 14, 2007 12:20 am

I've lived in Indonesia, Singapore, Australia, US and UK for the past 20 years and for each country I have lived for more than 6 months. Do I have to get a police certificate for each country I lived in?

I was thinking that I can submit the police certificate from my last permanent address for which I have (or will) live for 2 years (while waiting for the Canada Visa under skilled migration) ONLY. Otherwise, getting police cert from each of this country is extremely difficult, especially if I have not lived in that country for so long. I.e. Indonesia: I haven't lived there since 1988.

Pleaes advise.

newuser
Newly Registered

Post by newuser » Mon Apr 16, 2007 1:40 am

after the age of 18 years if u lived in any country for 6+ months you gotta get the police clearance from those countries.

under 18 no need.....and less than 6 months no need.

CourtneyEM
Newly Registered

Post by CourtneyEM » Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:22 pm

There's a whole FAQ section on Police Clearance Certificates on this Canadian immigrationwebsite. There's also a whole section on Security Clearances.[/url]

mktsoi
Member of Standing

Re: Police certificate required for EACH country you lived i

Post by mktsoi » Thu Jul 12, 2007 4:43 pm

lanwarrior wrote:I've lived in Indonesia, Singapore, Australia, US and UK for the past 20 years and for each country I have lived for more than 6 months. Do I have to get a police certificate for each country I lived in?

I was thinking that I can submit the police certificate from my last permanent address for which I have (or will) live for 2 years (while waiting for the Canada Visa under skilled migration) ONLY. Otherwise, getting police cert from each of this country is extremely difficult, especially if I have not lived in that country for so long. I.e. Indonesia: I haven't lived there since 1988.

Pleaes advise.
hi lan.

i just answered another post as following:

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=13868

go take a look and see if you can understand what i have said in there. trust me, you better get it done now before the canadian immigration start to ask for it. i am sure it will take you sometime to gather all the police checks but you better start sooner rather then later.

so good luck!