ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

GodGives
Member of Standing

Post by GodGives » Mon May 13, 2013 3:53 pm

11 years in august
Godgives

oishola77778

Post by oishola77778 » Mon May 13, 2013 6:47 pm

Guys, acknowledgement letter received today, so timeline updated as below:

FLR(O) 2013 - Marriage based extension Timeline

Application sent: 7th May 2013
App received by home office: 8th May 2013
Payment taken: 9th May 2013.
Ack letter: Received today 13th May 2013 dated 9th May 2013.
Biometrics letter received: waiting
Biometrics done: waiting
Final outcome: waiting

Guys please watch out for a record breaking positive application, and I pray this month will be positive month for ALL in this forum that have been waiting.

oishola77778

Post by oishola77778 » Mon May 13, 2013 7:18 pm

egoneo wrote:
onelastchance11 wrote:
GodGives wrote:Hi...onelast chance that is very sad. I can imagine how you feel. Do you still live with your aunt?...Did you use a solicitor when you submitted your application. Because you are so young please have a look at this website
and other charities that can help you
http://www.safenetwork.org.uk/help_and_ ... ldren.aspx
Thank you god gives i saw the website but it says under 18 i am 19 going to be 20 in July.

I do have my aunt but her papers too was refuse she wasnt here long enough.

they said she had to have been here 20 years.
they obviously refused you on the old rules

under the new rules article 8 you would be eligible because you've lived over half your life in the uk and you are under 25. under 276 ADE or something like that.

guys, it will be alot easier for members to advise on how to proceed with refusals ONLY when we have precise and detailed reasons stated on refusal notification, I have seldom noticed here that ''we'' have continuously given compassionate advises rather than positive advise that would help whoever is in need.

Please share details of stories for quality forum advise, it will certainly benefit us all and wish ALL of us the best whilst we await our good news.. :D :lol: :)

cookies
Scotland

Post by cookies » Mon May 13, 2013 8:16 pm

oishola77778 wrote:Guys, acknowledgement letter received today, so timeline updated as below:

Guys please watch out for a record breaking positive application, and I pray this month will be positive month for ALL in this forum that have been waiting.
Yay, Oishola!! I'm still waiting, although I need to wait for my solicitor to let me know when he receives it as all my papers are mailed to him. Did you apply through a solicitor??
FLR(FP) Extension
App sent: July 2021
Biometrics August 2021
Decision: 14 July 2022
Final extension before irl

oishola77778

Post by oishola77778 » Mon May 13, 2013 8:35 pm

cookies wrote:
oishola77778 wrote:Guys, acknowledgement letter received today, so timeline updated as below:

Yay, Oishola!! I'm still waiting, although I need to wait for my solicitor to let me know when he receives it as all my papers are mailed to him. Did you apply through a solicitor??

@ cookies

Nope, I handle my Immigration application myself and all correspondence comes directly to my home.

egoneo

Post by egoneo » Mon May 13, 2013 8:36 pm

oishola77778 wrote:
egoneo wrote:
onelastchance11 wrote:
GodGives wrote:Hi...onelast chance that is very sad. I can imagine how you feel. Do you still live with your aunt?...Did you use a solicitor when you submitted your application. Because you are so young please have a look at this website
and other charities that can help you
http://www.safenetwork.org.uk/help_and_ ... ldren.aspx
Thank you god gives i saw the website but it says under 18 i am 19 going to be 20 in July.

under the new rules article 8 you would be eligible because you've lived over half your life in the uk and you are under 25. under 276 ADE or something like that.

guys, it will be alot easier for members to advise on how to proceed with refusals ONLY when we have precise and detailed reasons stated on refusal notification, I have seldom noticed here that ''we'' have continuously given compassionate advises rather than positive advise that would help whoever is in need.

Please share details of stories for quality forum advise, it will certainly benefit us all and wish ALL of us the best whilst we await our good news.. :D :lol: :)
This isn't compassionate advice. This is just straight up rules and law.Should he submit an application today he would get granted on the new rules read 276 ade here

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/polic ... les/part7/

the rules for which he was refused are not the same as the one he will be accepted for today.

oishola77778

Post by oishola77778 » Mon May 13, 2013 8:44 pm

cookies wrote:

@ cookies - how did you make payment for your application?? if its postal order then your acknowledgement letter should be immediately issued on receipt of your application as payment through postal order clears immediately.

if you pay through your debit/credit card then you should by now notice if payment have left your bank account and lastly if payment was made through your solicitors then you better be asking them for confirmation that payment is taken from their account or any means used.

lastly if payment was made by cheque then acknowledgement letter will be issued 5 days after receipt of application to allow cheque clearance.

final advise - when dealing with solicitors, always use your home address as correspondence address - this way you'll get your documents directly whilst your solicitors act for you.

oishola77778

Post by oishola77778 » Mon May 13, 2013 9:14 pm

egoneo wrote:
oishola77778 wrote:
egoneo wrote:
onelastchance11 wrote:

This isn't compassionate advice. This is just straight up rules and law.Should he submit an application today he would get granted on the new rules read 276 ade here

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/polic ... les/part7/

the rules for which he was refused are not the same as the one he will be accepted for today.
my comments wasnt referring to your advise but rather you were able to probably advise him correctly because you knew why he was refused (this is good practice and beneficial to ALL), but situations where we just have notification of refusals without content of the actual refusal, we all will struggle to advise correctly...that is my point - hope cleared.

cookies
Scotland

Post by cookies » Mon May 13, 2013 10:28 pm

oishola77778 wrote:
cookies wrote:

@ cookies - how did you make payment for your application?? if its postal order then your acknowledgement letter should be immediately issued on receipt of your application as payment through postal order clears immediately.

if you pay through your debit/credit card then you should by now notice if payment have left your bank account and lastly if payment was made through your solicitors then you better be asking them for confirmation that payment is taken from their account or any means used.

lastly if payment was made by cheque then acknowledgement letter will be issued 5 days after receipt of application to allow cheque clearance.

final advise - when dealing with solicitors, always use your home address as correspondence address - this way you'll get your documents directly whilst your solicitors act for you.
Yeah, my solicitor is definitely getting all my mail from home office - I wonder if I can change that, however as he is acting on my behalf I suppose he needs to receive the papers so that he knows what to do if something comes up (my application isn't straightforward) I paid by banker's draft.
FLR(FP) Extension
App sent: July 2021
Biometrics August 2021
Decision: 14 July 2022
Final extension before irl

ONLYME1

Post by ONLYME1 » Tue May 14, 2013 8:51 am

@godgive n chance 11

Can you share abit more details on your story if u don't mind like
On what bases did u apply on form flr o
Reasons for refusal
Evidencial documents u guys provided to HO

I predict good news to a lot of people this month in JESUS name AMEN :)

GodGives
Member of Standing

Post by GodGives » Tue May 14, 2013 10:48 am

ONLYME1 wrote:@godgive n chance 11

Can you share abit more details on your story if u don't mind like
On what bases did u apply on form flr o
Reasons for refusal
Evidencial documents u guys provided to HO

I predict good news to a lot of people this month in JESUS name AMEN :)
I applied as a dependant of a parent. Anyway I didn't submit much evidence just school. In refusal they said I didn't have enough connections with the UK because no business or employment. I feel my solicitor was crap really.
Godgives

ONLYME1

Post by ONLYME1 » Tue May 14, 2013 10:59 am

@godgives

Check ur private message I sent you a mail

Every1 else just so uno am making a public apology to BABYCAKE misunderstood everything and reacted silly SORRY :)

babycakes

Post by babycakes » Tue May 14, 2013 11:28 am

ONLYME1 wrote:@godgives

Every1 else just so uno am making a public apology to BABYCAKE misunderstood everything and reacted silly SORRY :)
Awww thank you don't worry about it.

let_koko

Post by let_koko » Tue May 14, 2013 11:45 am

Here is my partner's timeline

Date Applied/Docs sent: 14/05/13
Date Received Ack. Letter: 20/05/13
Date Biometrics booking letter arrived:
Date Biometrics Done at PO :
Date Passport/Docs received from HO: Waiting
Date Biometrics received : Waiting
Visa Type : FLR(0)
Last edited by let_koko on Mon May 20, 2013 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Time503
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Time503 » Tue May 14, 2013 1:20 pm

ONLYME1 wrote:@godgives

@Onlyme1
You've done well!!

@babycakes
You've done even better by accepting his apology!

To everybody else
We are here to support and strnghten each other until we achieve our desires.
God bless you all and very soon we will be rejoicing.
Have a great day all!!!

majojo

Post by majojo » Tue May 14, 2013 2:04 pm

Help help help guys I moved into a new apartment and I changed my address on the 6 th. please how long does it take for ukba to send me an acknowledgement letter saying they have updated my details. Any one with such experience please help

ONLYME1

Post by ONLYME1 » Tue May 14, 2013 2:11 pm

They don't usually send letters confirming change of address

Joejo

Post by Joejo » Tue May 14, 2013 2:15 pm

Hi guys,

I believe that for an extention under this route, Appendix FM parent of British child. i have to use the FLR(O). And fill out section 6C family life as parent.

It states that i am to provide evidence that in section 8J of the form. however me and my ex partner, have a mitual understanding and we will only talk about what the childs needs are and thats about it. There has been no need for a court order, but she will not give me evidence that i have access rights in form of writing aletter to confirm.

1 My qns is what evidence will i have to give the UKBA that will prove that during my extension?.

babycakes

Post by babycakes » Tue May 14, 2013 2:33 pm

Joejo wrote:Hi guys,

I believe that for an extention under this route, Appendix FM parent of British child. i have to use the FLR(O). And fill out section 6C family life as parent.

It states that i am to provide evidence that in section 8J of the form. however me and my ex partner, have a mitual understanding and we will only talk about what the childs needs are and thats about it. There has been no need for a court order, but she will not give me evidence that i have access rights in form of writing aletter to confirm.

1 My qns is what evidence will i have to give the UKBA that will prove that during my extension?.
You could get a contact order drawn up by a solicitor, stating how often you have your child, school pick ups and stuff and get her to sign it. Also the amount of maintenance you provide the child.

oishola77778

Post by oishola77778 » Tue May 14, 2013 3:35 pm

@ joejo

I take it your initial grant was based on either relationship with your partner or what? can you please clarify.

Assuming there have been a change in your circumstance since your last leave I would be prepared for a proper active review on your application for extension, you might want to be careful on this because if you and your partner have splited since your current leave was issue,UKBA might want to be very suspicious about your situation.

As advised by Babycakes, and since your partner will not give a support letter, I would assume the following options:

1. If your child seldom spend time with you, do you have at the minimal pictures to prove this.

2. I will apply in a local court for a contact order confirming arrangement between you and your partner - this will confirm existing arrangement and place you in better position in the face of law rather than subjecting yourself to mutual aggrement where partner is not ready to support with a letter.

3. You should have proof of funds paid to your partner to show that you financially support your child.

4. I would assume they should know you in your childs school, you certainly should approach to get letters confirming that you play active roles in life of your child.

As your circumstance have changed, and with your partner not been supportive, you will find you need very strong evidence to prove yourself to UKBA.

Please reason like a caseworker and think of things you will look out for in an application where you have intensions to refuse/not to grant, you certainly cannot satisfy this 100% in all cases, but atleast on fair balance 80% should be enough to show that someone is actively taking roles in their kids life and places you in better appeal chance if worst happens (hopefully not).

Sarah06

Congrats Prince .Ur testimony is very encouraging . U fought

Post by Sarah06 » Tue May 14, 2013 3:42 pm

Prince74 wrote:
babycakes wrote:
rec212 wrote:I guess we are all going to court then :)
oh my god ! is this for real what happened could you tell me what grounds you applied on and what grounds ungot refused on.

oh no!
I know that there are quite a number of members on this forum who have been following my posts, so I think I should inform you guys of the recent development concerning my dealings with the Home Office. First, I am pleased to inform you all that I have been granted 30 months leave to remain based on Appendix FM of the Immigration Rules. In the letter of grant which I just picked up from my solicitor's office a couple of hours ago, it states that the reasons for the grant are: (a) they are satisfied from the information I provided that while I am not the biological father of my partner's child, my partner and her child have been naturalised and I have married my partner, (b) In view of the child's length of residence, they are not satisfied that it would be reasonable to expect the child to leave the United Kingdom and because of our particular circumstances, they have granted me leave within the immigration rules under D-LTRP.1.2 of Appendix FM.

My battle with the Home Office has been a very lengthy one, and the process has cost me £4,608 in legal fees/home office application fee. I think it is important for me to explain my situation in detail:

In 2005 I met my partner, she had applied asylum in 2002. She was on legacy. In 2008, without any of us having status, we decided to get married in our church because even though neither of us had status, we wanted to live together as husband and wife. She had a child with her late husband and the child had become used to me and we wanted to give her some sort of stability by getting married and moving in together. In October 2009 (that was a year after our church wedding), the Home Office decided to grant her ILR on legacy. After she had been granted, that was only when I consulted a solicitor so that I can then regularise my own status. I consulted a solicitor in London in February 2010. Even though it had taken me 3 years to get my status, I still believe that this solicitor made such a wonderful representation on my behalf. I will be using them until I get my ILR in 10 years time.

In May 2010, my solicitor put in an FLR(O) on my behalf, this was based on Article 8. On July 7, 2010 this application was refused and right of appeal was not given. This was when the battle began - my solicitors wrote several letters, many of which the Home Office did not bother to reply. In July 2010, my solicitor asked the Home Office to review and reconsider the decision to refuse my application. In November 2010, the Home Office reviewed the decision but maintained its decision to refuse the application.

In July 2011, I contacted my MP (Theresa May). She asked me why don't I go and applied from my country. I told her bluntly that I have family here in the UK and it would be unreasonable to expect me to leave my family behind. In May 2011 we received an email from the Home Office telling us that they would reconsider the refusal "without unnecessary delay". In August 2011, I received a letter from Immigration Minister, Damian Green telling me that they can not expedite my reconsideration unless there is exceptional compassionate circumstances. Coincidentally, at the time I was seeing a psychologist, and the psychologist wrote that the main cause of my depression and anxiety is my immigration status in the UK. In September 2011, the Immigration Minister wrote back, saying that the depression and anxiety I suffer from is not compassionate enough, so they can not expedite action on my case.

In November 2011, my solicitor put in an EEA application based on Zambrano. After a very long wait, in March 2013 Zambrano was refused and appeal right given. We are appealing and the hearing has been fixed for 9th August 2013.

In frustration, I wrote letters, emails to the Home Secretary who is my MP. I called the Home Office every couple of months and the answer was always the same - "case under consideration, so you have to wait, UKBA will contact you". In February I wrote an email to the UKBA complaint department. In April I received a letter from the complaint department saying that a case worker is dealing with my case and the outcome would be communicated to me shortly. I bombarded my MP's office with emails. My MP's office contacted me in April to say that the Home Office has said to them that they are dealing with my case and they would get back to me shortly.

My mother became very unwell from March 27, 2013 and on the same day, I contacted my MP's office and demanded an urgent meeting with my MP. I informed them about my mother's illness. On April 30, 2013, I lost my mother whom I lost saw 10 years ago.

On May 3, 2013 a caseworker at the Home Office contacted my solicitor to say that they are looking at the human right element of my application and that the solicitor should fax a copy of a letter of representation which my solicitor had sent to them in October 2012. Immediately, my solicitor faxed the letter with attachments and she called me to update me.

Today, May 8th 2013, my solicitor contacted me that she had received a letter from the Home Office granting me 30 months leave to remain based on Appendix FM as stated above. No sooner had I received the call, within an hour and half, I was already in her office to collect the letter and fill out the Biometric Residence Card Form which she will be posting out to the Home Office tomorrow together with a copy of my mother's death certificate so that they can process the Biometric Residence Card without delay as my family is waiting for me, they can not bury my mother in my absence.

Dealing with the Home Office has been a nightmare and I would not wish it on my worst enemy. It has taken me 3 years.

I want to thank everyone whose word of encouragement has kept me sane. I knew nothing about immigration law until I joined this forum, today I can confidently say that I have learnt a lot from all of you. There are too many people to thank. I want to especially thank Mutly, Vinny, and all those whose names I cant remember at the moment.

You guy have been fantastic and I often wondered how I managed to cope for 3 years dealing with the UKBA. You guys made it easy for me.

Lots of love to you all.

Sarah06

Re: FLRO DL

Post by Sarah06 » Tue May 14, 2013 3:46 pm

lucky02 wrote:hello everyone,
just to update you guys on my application,i got a call from lawyer today saying my application has been granted,i was given 30months. this application only took 4weeks. i can't wait till monday to collect my documents and my BRP card, as everything came together today with the brp card. i will update you guys on monday on this good news.

my time line is

Date Applied/Docs sent: 05/04/13
Date Received Ack. Letter: 15/04/13
Date Biometrics booking letter arrived: 15/04/2013
Date Biometrics Done at PO : 17/04/2013
Date Passport/Docs received from HO: 10/05/13( still with lawyer)
Date Biometrics received :10/05/13 (still with lawyer)

can't wait till monday guys to see the card myself. keep you guys posted.
Congrts ,enjoy ur freedom

lucky02
Newly Registered

Post by lucky02 » Tue May 14, 2013 4:03 pm

cookies wrote:
lucky02 wrote:
Keisha wrote:@Lucky....Congratulations and all the best.Wow,I reckon you're the only one in this forum who has the quickest processing time...only took a month...God is awesome hey and enjoy the freedom.Was it an extension or 1st time??

@Walex....sorry to hear about that but I thank God that you've been released and all is well with you.

@Time...I've now started plucking out my toenails from this waiting and feel my patience has been over exercised...*shakesheadandsighs*.

@Cookiebaby....13 months...that's too much and hope u get a reply soon.These people can make us bonkers honestly but all is well!!

May God is grant us visas!!!
@Keisha thanks...Is the first time application.

WOW Lucky! I can't believe it only took a MONTH!! You definitely are LUCKY! :P Congrats!
Just to update you guys, all documents and BRP card picked up yesterday at my lawyers.
Its still feels like a dream,am just so happy and can't stop smiling.
Thanks to everyone for the congratulations messages.
God will grant everyone waiting for their Visas a good new very soon, in Jesus name.

Date Applied/Docs sent: 05/04/13
Date Received Ack. Letter: 15/04/13
Date Biometrics booking letter arrived: 15/04/2013
Date Biometrics Done at PO : 17/04/2013
Date Passport/Docs received from HO:10/05/13
Date Biometrics received :10/05/13

bishop007
Newly Registered

Post by bishop007 » Tue May 14, 2013 4:13 pm

Im kinda in same ship as you, me and my ex do get on well now, though she gave a signed letter and a photocopy of her passport, but im thinking a sworn affidavit outlining the things you do for your kid and time he or she spends with you during the school breaks and holiday and well as some peeps have said on here pictures of you together will do you a lot of justice

rec212

Question

Post by rec212 » Tue May 14, 2013 10:18 pm

Hi my friends,

my discretionary visa has been refused as you might have known. Will that influence future visa applications from my home country?
Second FLR(o) sent: 5th June
Acknowledgement: 13th June
Bio dated: 13th June
Bio sent: 27th June
Waiting:...