ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visitor Visa for mother..... No marriage certificate!

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Jo1

Visitor Visa for mother..... No marriage certificate!

Post by Jo1 » Tue May 14, 2013 12:07 pm

Hi All,

I am living UK on ILR. I want to invite my mother to UK on family visitor visa for 6 months. I will sponsor her trip.

Just a quick validation on docs and 1 question. Can't afford rejection.

List of Documents for Sponsor

1. Invitation/sponsorship letter
2. Bank statements (6 months)
3. Salary slips ( 6 months)
4. Utility bill for address proof/mortgage document.

Lit of Documents for Mother

1. Tentative travel tickets
2. Passport
3. Passport size photo (according to UKBA)
4. Bank statement or CA statement showing she has property on her name. Which document is better proof?
5.Form VAF1B.
6. Since my mother is house wife and my father is not travelling with her. Does she need any document like marriage certificate. Since they got married 35 years ago & don't have marriage certificate. Can we provide any other document?

Please advice if I have missed anything please.

ginger.garlic

Post by ginger.garlic » Wed May 15, 2013 4:21 pm

I had a bad experiece of my mother visa being refused. I am going to reapply my parents visa.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=128838

From this I can say you can provide Affidavit for marriage certificate and do remember to include your father economic and financial evidences.

mrproblem

Post by mrproblem » Wed May 15, 2013 4:42 pm

If the passport shows spouse entry and the new aadhar cards showing the relationship, is that fine? or do they still need to provide marriage certificate?

Jo1

Post by Jo1 » Thu May 16, 2013 9:35 pm

Thanks ginger.garlic. I have got the affidavit from court stating they got married on the given date. Hope that's suffice. My mother doesn't have fathers name as spouse on the passport though.

Mrproblem, I don't think Adhaar card is accepted as evidence. Any expert advice please.