ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Ran Through Red Traffic Light and Got £60 fine & 3points

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

maxwake

Ran Through Red Traffic Light and Got £60 fine & 3points

Post by maxwake » Fri May 10, 2013 6:55 pm

Dear All

please be advised that i ran through Red Traffic Lights for like 1 sec and got stopped by Police they fined me for £60 GBP and gave me three points. paid the fine straight away within hour and sent my licence off within seven days as per the time limit given by the police followed everything what they asked me to do.

now my question is if i am applying for tier 1 entrepreneur is it worth mentioning this? will it effect my case in any way? also after six months my ten years will be completed will it effect my application for ILR? apart from that i have never had any other issue while i was here in UK infact i have worked more than two years voluntarily for Met Police 2009- jan 2012.

will it be any section on the application form? please let me know.

Regards
Max

monolyte

Re: Ran Through Red Traffic Light and Got £60 fine & 3po

Post by monolyte » Fri May 10, 2013 7:31 pm

maxwake wrote:Dear All

please be advised that i ran through Red Traffic Lights for like 1 sec and got stopped by Police they fined me for £60 GBP and gave me three points. paid the fine straight away within hour and sent my licence off within seven days as per the time limit given by the police followed everything what they asked me to do.

now my question is if i am applying for tier 1 entrepreneur is it worth mentioning this? will it effect my case in any way? also after six months my ten years will be completed will it effect my application for ILR? apart from that i have never had any other issue while i was here in UK infact i have worked more than two years voluntarily for Met Police 2009- jan 2012.

Regards
Max
its no big deal. you were not detained so u have no criminal record. Minor offence

solomondid
United Kingdom

Post by solomondid » Fri May 10, 2013 7:37 pm

Hi

I have had couple of parking fines which I paid within dead lines and never declared them on the Application form. Coz they dont need to be declared dont come under criminal offence.
Solomon

KickAss
Member of Standing

Post by KickAss » Fri May 10, 2013 10:53 pm

Regards
Max

And I thought you were chasing the postman to deliver your Visa application result !!!!
DAfaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaQQQQQ !!!!!!!!

gumsum

Post by gumsum » Fri May 10, 2013 11:08 pm

KickAss wrote:

Regards
Max

And I thought you were chasing the postman to deliver your Visa application result !!!!
DAfaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaQQQQQ !!!!!!!!
lol

maxwake

Post by maxwake » Tue May 14, 2013 1:43 pm

very funny if i were chasing some one it wouldnt have been one second lol would have been gone before that...

maxwake

Post by maxwake » Tue May 14, 2013 1:44 pm

thanks for the replies

could any one share the same expreince? please

maxwake

Post by maxwake » Fri May 17, 2013 5:59 pm

Dear All

i would really appreciate if some one can reply on this and let me know
that do i need to mention this on my application form or not

Regards
max

den
Newly Registered

Post by den » Sat May 18, 2013 1:09 am

I had a speeding fine and 3 points on my licence just prior to applying for my Entrepreneur visa £50k UK route. My solicitor said I had to declare this on the form. I did write the details on the form. I received my visa. Hope this helps. Good luck.

maxwake

Post by maxwake » Thu May 23, 2013 9:35 pm

thanks Den

much appreciated your reply

some are saying no need to mention some are saying should mention

which section did you mention den?what is under?as it is not a conviction

den
Newly Registered

Post by den » Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:51 pm

Here is the link on UKBA website re criminal record which says includes traffic offences but not fixed penalty notices such as parking or speeding or parking tickets. As you ran through a red light I would double check with a professional visa expert, or declare your red light office - best to be transparent.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/briti ... character/

Your criminal record

We will carry out criminal record checks on all applications from people aged 10 and over.

You must also provide details of all civil proceedings which have resulted in a court order being made against you.

You must give details of all unspent criminal convictions. This includes road traffic offences but not fixed penalty notices (such as speeding or parking tickets) unless they were given in court. You must include all drink-driving offences. An explanation of unspent convictions is given below.

If you have an unspent conviction, your application for citizenship is unlikely to be successful. You should wait until the end of your rehabilitation period before applying.

den
Newly Registered

Post by den » Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:51 pm

Best of luck with your application.

Legal83

Post by Legal83 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:32 pm

its a motor conviction, not criminal conviction, as u mentioned u fined and got 3 points by officer, not from the court.