ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Proof of ownership of accommodation

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

menwall

Proof of ownership of accommodation

Post by menwall » Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:01 pm

Hi all,

I will be applying for a fiance visa (and subsequent FLR) for my fiance in the coming months and have a question regarding accommodation.

Initially we will be staying with my parents who have agreed to let us live here until after the ceremony and then we will look at renting our own place (after FLR application).

My main question is how to prove proof of ownership of the house. The house is in my father's name and the mortgage has already been paid off, so he owns the house outright. He does not want to send the deeds to the UKBA because, well, the UKBA is a shambles. He would prefer to send a copy of the deeds, but is this acceptable as UKBA always want originals? Also, what alternatives do we have that we could send apart from the original deeds if we can't send copies? Mortgage statements obviously doesn't apply as the mortgage was paid off a couple of years ago.

He will write a letter of support for us, but please advise on proving the ownership of the house in this case.

Thanks.
C

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:56 am

You'll need to submit the property deeds, but these can be legally certified copies.

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:12 am

He may order it from the land registry.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Aliyakz
Newly Registered

clarification

Post by Aliyakz » Tue May 14, 2013 12:22 pm

vinny wrote:He may order it from the land registry.
Hello vinny,

I'm in the same situation. Im applying, original s of the docs for a husband's flat r with me in KZ. I don't want them to get lost in Istanbul hub. From your answer I didn't understand -what exactly shall we order from Land registry and will this be enough not to send other flat originals? Thank you.

Aliyakz
Newly Registered

clarification

Post by Aliyakz » Tue May 14, 2013 12:34 pm

vinny wrote:He may order it from the land registry.
Hello vinny,

I'm in the same situation. Im applying, original s of the docs for a husband's flat r with me in KZ. I don't want them to get lost in Istanbul hub. From your answer I didn't understand -what exactly shall we order from Land registry and will this be enough not to send other flat originals? Thank you.

MPH80
Respected Guru

Post by MPH80 » Tue May 14, 2013 12:39 pm

Unless your husband's ownership of the property is from before around 1990 - the 'deeds' you have are the copy of the electronic record stored at the land registry and there's no risk to sending them to UKBA as a replacement can always be ordered.

If they are the original deeds then you can order a land registry search which shows the details of the owners of any given property providing it has been registered with the land registry.

Aliyakz
Newly Registered

Post by Aliyakz » Tue May 14, 2013 2:34 pm

MPH80 wrote:Unless your husband's ownership of the property is from before around 1990 - the 'deeds' you have are the copy of the electronic record stored at the land registry and there's no risk to sending them to UKBA as a replacement can always be ordered.

If they are the original deeds then you can order a land registry search which shows the details of the owners of any given property providing it has been registered with the land registry.
Thank u! The ownership is from 1995. By land registry I understand u mean ownership details as said in the link? What about property extent? As i see in the example it shows the size of a flat and as I understand will show UKBA that the place is big enough for us?

Thank you.

MPH80
Respected Guru

Post by MPH80 » Tue May 14, 2013 2:39 pm

The land registry will only show the property extents - e.g. the borders of the property. It will not show how many rooms etc a property has.

To show that - you'll need a survey done which I believe local councils and estate agents can do.

M.

Aliyakz
Newly Registered

clarification

Post by Aliyakz » Tue May 14, 2013 4:15 pm

MPH80 wrote:The land registry will only show the property extents - e.g. the borders of the property. It will not show how many rooms etc a property has.

To show that - you'll need a survey done which I believe local councils and estate agents can do.

M.
Thank you. It's getting more clear. I have original deeds, they r at the name of my mother in law. My husband has inherited a flat from her, so I guess in my case the only way is to request ownership details from the land registry as it will have a name of my husband? Besides there is no need and worth to request property extents as information on it isn't required by this UKBA and an additional cost?

Thank you. I feel like im getting prepared for future life in the UK test)