ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

GodGives
Member of Standing

Re: Question

Post by GodGives » Tue May 14, 2013 10:20 pm

rec212 wrote:Hi my friends,

my discretionary visa has been refused as you might have known. Will that influence future visa applications from my home country?
It will not as long as you leave the uk with 28days of visa expiry date
Godgives

rec212

Re: Question

Post by rec212 » Tue May 14, 2013 10:23 pm

GodGives wrote:
rec212 wrote:Hi my friends,

my discretionary visa has been refused as you might have known. Will that influence future visa applications from my home country?
It will not as long as you leave the uk with 28days of visa expiry date
Thank you so much for your reply. My visa expired last week and I am leaving very soon. Good luck guys and sorry if I distressed you a little bit.
I love you all.

Joejo

Post by Joejo » Wed May 15, 2013 12:14 am

Thanks guys for you responses, i won my appeal on 2 grounds 1. family life with my daughter, 2. Art 8 with my family.

I asked her to write the letter to prove that i have access prior to filing my appeal, and she refused saying that i want to look nice in court.

Anyway i had photos, travel tickets, the school letters, back and forth emails, letters from family, friends and church confirming that i see my daughter on a regular basis, as evidence that i have been part of my daughters life since birth. So basically she stitched me up when i did a bit of work to provide for my daughter then. As she wanted me to be removed. Now all she knows is that am yet to be removed soon but i fought my case and i was granted leave under that categories above.

I was thinking of getin my life sorted quick, then drafting the letter Babycakes suggested, get her to sign it but i think i will take that advice and get a solicitor to write it on a headed paper.

Will the letter still be valid after two yrs?, tym for renewal.

babycakes

Post by babycakes » Wed May 15, 2013 12:45 am

Joejo wrote:Thanks guys for you responses, i won my appeal on 2 grounds 1. family life with my daughter, 2. Art 8 with my family.

I asked her to write the letter to prove that i have access prior to filing my appeal, and she refused saying that i want to look nice in court.

Anyway i had photos, travel tickets, the school letters, back and forth emails, letters from family, friends and church confirming that i see my daughter on a regular basis, as evidence that i have been part of my daughters life since birth. So basically she stitched me up when i did a bit of work to provide for my daughter then. As she wanted me to be removed. Now all she knows is that am yet to be removed soon but i fought my case and i was granted leave under that categories above.

I was thinking of getin my life sorted quick, then drafting the letter Babycakes suggested, get her to sign it but i think i will take that advice and get a solicitor to write it on a headed paper.

The letter will be valid remember you have rights to your child, as long as the child is registered to you. It's not if she will sign she has to as long as you get you solicitor to send the contact letter. Worst case scenario you apply to the CRT there isn't much she can you.

You are entitled to be in the child's life so she has to sign the agreement.
This is the most binding contact agreement you can get.
Congrats on your success.

Keisha

Post by Keisha » Wed May 15, 2013 9:54 am

@Jo...congrats on winning the appeal and we thank God for making a way for u.Enjoy the freedom and keep on being the best dad to your daughter...all the best!

@Rec....never give up and keep on fighting.I pray that all goes well for u when u re-apply again.Have a safe journey hope and God be with u.Keep in touch hey....all the best!

LJLASY
Newly Registered

Waiting FLR for more than 11 months

Post by LJLASY » Wed May 15, 2013 11:11 am

hi I am still waiting for nearly 12 months now and no answer from my MP or HO. I want to ask 2weeks ago I took my children from school and the teacher came to tell me that they done DNA taste for my triplets two identical girls and one boy and the result show two identical DNA and the boy is deferent because he a boy . Yesterday I ask anther mum at the school if they did it for her boy she told me No . So I told my husband about it and he said maybes the HO want to know if they my children or not .because the school normally they make us singe for any things and the children just 6 years old so they don't remember anything .maybe they want to make Tarbell between me and my husband or what . Thanks for read it. :oops:

oishola77778

Re: Waiting FLR for more than 11 months

Post by oishola77778 » Wed May 15, 2013 11:22 am

LJLASY wrote: hi I am still waiting for nearly 12 months now and no answer from my MP or HO. I want to ask 2weeks ago I took my children from school and the teacher came to tell me that they done DNA taste for my triplets two identical girls and one boy and the result show two identical DNA and the boy is deferent because he a boy . Yesterday I ask anther mum at the school if they did it for her boy she told me No . So I told my husband about it and he said maybes the HO want to know if they my children or not .because the school normally they make us singe for any things and the children just 6 years old so they don't remember anything .maybe they want to make Tarbell between me and my husband or what . Thanks for read it. :oops:

@ LJLASY

This is rather strange, did you conscent the school to perform DNA on your children?

Have you given them authorization to carry out such on your children?

If NO, then you should be speaking to an human rights solicitor on how to make proper case / claim against the school - such act is purely against the rights of all your children and your family as a unit.

Note: Anyone with parental responsibility should be asked for permission before anything is done to your kids, this is rather pathetic :x :? :x

cookies
Scotland

Post by cookies » Wed May 15, 2013 12:14 pm

I would go talk to a solicitor about this ASAP, for anyone to perform a DNA test on anyone they need consent from BOTH parents, and mostly the mother! I would even say it's against the law! Go to a solicitor NOW, this is outrageous! They are your kids! You should have been asked to sign documents for this to be possible
FLR(FP) Extension
App sent: July 2021
Biometrics August 2021
Decision: 14 July 2022
Final extension before irl

Keisha

Post by Keisha » Wed May 15, 2013 12:37 pm

@Shola and Cookies...I agree with you!
@LJay...that's against the law to take a DNA without the parents consent and you need to call them to order.How dare they violate your kid's life by doing that behind ur back....that's outrages.Need to get ur solicitor on board to sort out this issue soonest.That's very sneaky and wrong of them to do that!Both the HO and school with hv to answer to that!!

cookies
Scotland

Timeline update

Post by cookies » Wed May 15, 2013 12:41 pm

Hi guys, just updating my timeline, I've now received my acknowledgement letter saying my application has now been passed on to a caseworker! :shock: *bitenails* *crosses fingers*
FLR(FP) Extension
Biometrics August 2021

Keisha

Post by Keisha » Wed May 15, 2013 12:45 pm

@Cookie....let the biting begin...lol and all the best doll.God will make a way for you and all of us who are still waiting.

cookies
Scotland

Post by cookies » Wed May 15, 2013 12:56 pm

Keisha wrote:@Cookie....let the biting begin...lol and all the best doll.God will make a way for you and all of us who are still waiting.
Thanks Keisha!! I'm going to have to find something else to bite as I'm already running out of finger nails LOL!, especially considering the length of time most people have to wait!! I hope we all have the luck that Lucky had and receive a decision in a month! and to all who have been waiting for over 6 months , I'm sure you will all receive positive news soon! God bless you all!
FLR(FP) Extension
Biometrics August 2021

oishola77778

Re: Timeline update

Post by oishola77778 » Wed May 15, 2013 1:06 pm

cookies wrote:Hi guys, just updating my timeline, I've now received my acknowledgement letter saying my application has now been passed on to a caseworker! :shock: *bitenails* *crosses fingers*
@ cookies

well done mate!!, hopefully we'll get prompt conclusions at the rate things are going.

Just to update you - spoke to UKBA yesterday regarding my application and the lady confirmed that a biometric letter has been sent out yesterday morning 2nd class post, hopefully my biometrics will be done by friday....Please dont bite any nails, you have no cause to. Cheers!!!

cookies
Scotland

Post by cookies » Wed May 15, 2013 1:13 pm

oishola77778 wrote:
cookies wrote:Hi guys, just updating my timeline, I've now received my acknowledgement letter saying my application has now been passed on to a caseworker! :shock: *bitenails* *crosses fingers*
@ cookies

well done mate!!, hopefully we'll get prompt conclusions at the rate things are going.

Just to update you - spoke to UKBA yesterday regarding my application and the lady confirmed that a biometric letter has been sent out yesterday morning 2nd class post, hopefully my biometrics will be done by friday....Please dont bite any nails, you have no cause to. Cheers!!!
Fantastic, it's great to have a "application partner" as we both applied at the same time! :D I also wish they didn't use second class post, how cheap. LOL! You're applying for an extension, right? Can you tell me your story? It's the first time I'm applying on flr(o) and unfortunately I'm applying already as an overstayer, I've been with my partner for almost 4 years and we have a 2 1/2 y.o daughter, my partner is Scottish and I'm a South American girl. What's your story?? I would love to know more about my "same day application buddy" :D e-hugs
FLR(FP) Extension
Biometrics August 2021

oishola77778

Post by oishola77778 » Wed May 15, 2013 1:39 pm

cookies wrote:
oishola77778 wrote:
@ cookies

Fantastic, it's great to have a "application partner" as we both applied at the same time! :D I also wish they didn't use second class post, how cheap. LOL! You're applying for an extension, right? Can you tell me your story? It's the first time I'm applying on flr(o) and unfortunately I'm applying already as an overstayer, I've been with my partner for almost 4 years and we have a 2 1/2 y.o daughter, my partner is Scottish and I'm a South American girl. What's your story?? I would love to know more about my "same day application buddy" :D e-hugs
its very nice having an application partner you see :D my hubby was already getting jealous each time am logged on here, right now am in the office and this site is opened on my laptop(working on desktop).

My story - Initial application in 2008 was FLR(M) but was refused for entry clearance purpose, it was appealed and granted 3 years discretionary leave in May 2010 which is going to expire June 2013, hence my extension application is submitted like 6 weeks ahead of expiry date of current leave.

Originally from Nigeria, my relationship have been since 2004, had my first child in 2005 here in UK (Father is British so my girl is also british), my mistake was should have done my spousal visa from Nigeria but the stress of waiting several months plus I have always had a good job in UK.

Anyway, me and my husband get married in UK officially in 2009 and we now have 4 kids and my last girl was born on christmas day last year - I work as a Nurse here and hubby is a Mechanical Engineer.(ALL our kids and my husband are ALL British Citizens and they have their passports).

So in summary am applying for an extension based on my marriage ( Though my husband wrote a letter included in my application asking that I should be considered for indefinate leave outside the rule ''if possible'' as our first child together is now 8 years old and it should be obvious to UKBA that we nothing is changing in terms of our marriage, but my application is an extension.

My work requires covering work in UK / UAE / EUROPE hence their is a letter included in my application from my work that it would be helpful if my application could be expedited to allow me discharge my duties as required.

So it a waiting game.........yeah cheap!!! :D :D :) :o :D using 2nd class post, but my dear 4 working days wait is alot better than waiting over 12months for an acknowledgement dont you think......I wonder how they joke with people's life (anyway my initial application in 2008 took almost 2year to be concluded, hence I included the appeal determination in this application, for the caseworker to know background of the case).

cookies
Scotland

Post by cookies » Wed May 15, 2013 4:02 pm

oishola77778 wrote:
cookies wrote:
oishola77778 wrote:
@ cookies

its very nice having an application partner you see :D my hubby was already getting jealous each time am logged on here, right now am in the office and this site is opened on my laptop(working on desktop).

My story - Initial application in 2008 was FLR(M) but was refused for entry clearance purpose, it was appealed and granted 3 years discretionary leave in May 2010 which is going to expire June 2013, hence my extension application is submitted like 6 weeks ahead of expiry date of current leave.

Originally from Nigeria, my relationship have been since 2004, had my first child in 2005 here in UK (Father is British so my girl is also british), my mistake was should have done my spousal visa from Nigeria but the stress of waiting several months plus I have always had a good job in UK.

Anyway, me and my husband get married in UK officially in 2009 and we now have 4 kids and my last girl was born on christmas day last year - I work as a Nurse here and hubby is a Mechanical Engineer.(ALL our kids and my husband are ALL British Citizens and they have their passports).

So in summary am applying for an extension based on my marriage ( Though my husband wrote a letter included in my application asking that I should be considered for indefinate leave outside the rule ''if possible'' as our first child together is now 8 years old and it should be obvious to UKBA that we nothing is changing in terms of our marriage, but my application is an extension.

My work requires covering work in UK / UAE / EUROPE hence their is a letter included in my application from my work that it would be helpful if my application could be expedited to allow me discharge my duties as required.

So it a waiting game.........yeah cheap!!! :D :D :) :o :D using 2nd class post, but my dear 4 working days wait is alot better than waiting over 12months for an acknowledgement dont you think......I wonder how they joke with people's life (anyway my initial application in 2008 took almost 2year to be concluded, hence I included the appeal determination in this application, for the caseworker to know background of the case).
Well, it seems to me like your application is pretty straightforward! You'll definitely get your extension soon!!! Mine isn't as straightforward so I may need to wait longer. :( Can't wait to get the biometrics letter and get that over and done with, my solicitor said that they are trying to decide in 3 months maximum from the date the bios are submitted! fingers crossed!
FLR(FP) Extension
Biometrics August 2021

oishola77778

Post by oishola77778 » Wed May 15, 2013 6:44 pm

cookies wrote:
oishola77778 wrote:
cookies wrote:
oishola77778 wrote:
@ cookies

Well, it seems to me like your application is pretty straightforward! You'll definitely get your extension soon!!! Mine isn't as straightforward so I may need to wait longer. :( Can't wait to get the biometrics letter and get that over and done with, my solicitor said that they are trying to decide in 3 months maximum from the date the bios are submitted! fingers crossed!
@ cookies,

dont worry yourself, discretionary leave is what its called ''discretion'',regardless of you been an overstayer, so long as you are in a genuine relationship which is subsisting (obviously you have a 21/2 old daughter together),I was told by UKBA that they intend to complete 65% application within 4weeks of submitting biometrics and 95% within 12weeks of enrolling biometrics, lets hope we fall within the 4weeks category..... 8) 8) . did you apply on basis of your child or relationship??I would assume its relationship since you leave with your partner?

cookies
Scotland

Post by cookies » Wed May 15, 2013 6:55 pm

oishola77778 wrote:
cookies wrote:
oishola77778 wrote:
cookies wrote:

@ cookies,

dont worry yourself, discretionary leave is what its called ''discretion'',regardless of you been an overstayer, so long as you are in a genuine relationship which is subsisting (obviously you have a 21/2 old daughter together),I was told by UKBA that they intend to complete 65% application within 4weeks of submitting biometrics and 95% within 12weeks of enrolling biometrics, lets hope we fall within the 4weeks category..... 8) 8) . did you apply on basis of your child or relationship??I would assume its relationship since you leave with your partner?
I applied under 8L other purposes - as I'm applying for both: on a basis of my British child and British partner. We've been engaged for nearly 2 years now, we haven't married because I was scared of being turned in by the registry and want to have a happy and stress-free marriage, so our relationship is truly subsisting. We were able to prove that we've been living together for at least 3 years, we've been living together for longer but don't have tenancy agreements that old... we submitted: tenancy agreements, joint council tax and joint utility bills, my partners employment details (P60s, bank statements) old love letters (emails), cards (christmas , easter, birthday, engagement cards), surgery - doctors letters, letter from the GP stating when we registered. Support letters from out local pastor, family and friends and pictures!!! You have no idea how heavy my application was LOL!!! and above all that my solicitors support documents (case law, etc) oh, and certified photocopies of my daughter's and partner's passports and birth certificate. If they're not satisfied with all the info I sent them, then I don't know... hahaha :)
FLR(FP) Extension
Biometrics August 2021

rec212

Urgent!!

Post by rec212 » Wed May 15, 2013 7:44 pm

URGENT UPDATE!!
My solicitors played on me. They said they got in touch with the home office which said that i am not elligible for an appeal.
I rang my mp and he got in touch with the HO and they denied any correspondence with my solicitor!!! So my solicitor lied to me!!!
I am writing a reconsideration letter to the HO tomorrow as a start cuz they said to the MP that i can appeal. Please guys tell me the steps of the appeal and how it is done cuz i have no idea. Please help me!!!
All my solicitor wanted was more money for a new application!!!
Help!!!
Second FLR(o) sent: 5th June
Acknowledgement: 13th June
Bio dated: 13th June
Bio sent: 27th June
Waiting:...

cookies
Scotland

Re: Urgent!!

Post by cookies » Wed May 15, 2013 7:55 pm

rec212 wrote:URGENT UPDATE!!
My solicitors played on me. They said they got in touch with the home office which said that i am not elligible for an appeal.
I rang my mp and he got in touch with the HO and they denied any correspondence with my solicitor!!! So my solicitor lied to me!!!
I am writing a reconsideration letter to the HO tomorrow as a start cuz they said to the MP that i can appeal. Please guys tell me the steps of the appeal and how it is done cuz i have no idea. Please help me!!!
Help!!!
What a bastard!! First I would get another solicitor, ask your MP to recommend someone! Second I would report your solicitor for malpractice and try to get some sort of compensation!! I am so happy that you will be appealing!
FLR(FP) Extension
Biometrics August 2021

rec212

Post by rec212 » Wed May 15, 2013 8:02 pm

cookies wrote:
Help!!!
What a bastard!! First I would get another solicitor, ask your MP to recommend someone! Second I would report your solicitor for malpractice and try to get some sort of compensation!! I am so happy that you will be appealing!
Thank u!! Just anyone please tell me how to appeal cuz i dont know how to

cookies
Scotland

Post by cookies » Wed May 15, 2013 8:06 pm

rec212 wrote:
cookies wrote:
Help!!!
That's why I said you need to get a new solicitor to help you with the appeal, if you want to try without a solicitor I would go straight to the source and ask them what you need to do, please don't seek any advice that is not professional, especially here! Check out this link for more information and I would ask my MP or call the HO directly, Good Luck!
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... k/appeals/
FLR(FP) Extension
Biometrics August 2021

egoneo

Post by egoneo » Wed May 15, 2013 10:22 pm

rec212 wrote:
cookies wrote:
Help!!!
i would also get a new solicitor but remember that the home office are bigger liars than your solicitor, so at this point you can trust no one, but a new solicitor who is competent

pepper04

Post by pepper04 » Thu May 16, 2013 9:30 am

Joejo wrote:Thanks guys for you responses, i won my appeal on 2 grounds 1. family life with my daughter, 2. Art 8 with my family.

If your ex partner is difficult to deal with you can get a contact order via the courts. it will cost you £200 but its a court issued court order and that is all you will need. they are aware that sometimes when people break up you might not be on talking terms like me and my ex.

good luck

kirlewchris
Newly Registered

FLR (O) Application Success (In record time)

Post by kirlewchris » Thu May 16, 2013 9:41 am

Hello all just want to share my success story and hope it will encourage someone to keep believing and keep the faith.

1. Sent off docs (28/03/2013)
2. Acknowledgement letter came (4/04/2013)
3. Biometrics letter came (11/04/2013)
4. Biometrics done (11/04/2013)
5. Letter from caseworker asking for proof that my wife and I are
cohabitating and have been doing so since we got married, also to send
the passports for our kids (22/04/2013)
6. Paperwork sent off 27/04/2013
7. Biometrics Residents Permit delivered 5/05/2013
8. All our documents returned + letters from Border Agency confirming
that my application was successful and the conditions of my residency
in the United Kingdom 7/05/2013

Please feel free to ask questions relevant to my application process,
good luck. [/b]