ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Nakkah Certificate

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

knowledge_seeker

Nakkah Certificate

Post by knowledge_seeker » Tue May 14, 2013 8:33 pm

Hi there,

I wonder if someone can help me as I am confused about this. I am on ILR and I am going to apply for my wife's spouse visa at the end of this month. I know I need to submit Urdu and English (translation version) Nikkah Namah stamped by Union Council. My question is, Do i Need Marriage Certificate From Nadra? Is it a mandatory requirement of Union Council stamped urdu/english versions of Nikkah Namah will suffice?

Many thanks
Thanks

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Nakkah Certificate

Post by Amber » Tue May 14, 2013 8:50 pm

knowledge_seeker wrote:Hi there,

I wonder if someone can help me as I am confused about this. I am on ILR and I am going to apply for my wife's spouse visa at the end of this month. I know I need to submit Urdu and English (translation version) Nikkah Namah stamped by Union Council. My question is, Do i Need Marriage Certificate From Nadra? Is it a mandatory requirement of Union Council stamped urdu/english versions of Nikkah Namah will suffice?

Many thanks
See http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=88563
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

0zzy1

Re: Nakkah Certificate

Post by 0zzy1 » Wed May 15, 2013 9:21 am

knowledge_seeker wrote:Hi there,

Many thanks
It's better to have both the Nikah Nama AND the NADRA marriage certificate stamped and signed by the local union council where the marriage took place. NADRA marriage certificate confirms that your marriage is recognised by the government of Pakistan as it is computerized into their system, hence, it is easier for the UKBA to confirm that the marriage is genuine and authentic.