ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Does referee has to put their passport number?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Kat894
Newly Registered

Does referee has to put their passport number?

Post by Kat894 » Sun May 12, 2013 7:06 pm

My referee won't put his passport number, also do they have to filled out all the information in that section.

barnaby

Re: Does referee has to put their passport number?

Post by barnaby » Sun May 12, 2013 7:48 pm

Kat894 wrote:My referee won't put his passport number, also do they have to filled out all the information in that section.
No. The caseworking instructions say:

6.3.7.9 Those acting in a professional capacity may not wish to provide their personal details. In such cases, we would be content for the person acting as a referee to put his or her business contact details. In addition, if the person does not wish their passport details to be seen by the person applying for citizenship, they can omit this from the form, entering “details available on request”.

Unfortunately, I didn't know that when I was a referee. The form doesn't make it clear.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sun May 12, 2013 7:54 pm

Please note that the British citizen reference does need to provide his passport number so the HO can check he is British. If he would put "passport number available upon request", they most likely contact him and that would delay the application.

The professional reference doesn't need to provide a passport number at all.

Kat894
Newly Registered

Post by Kat894 » Sun May 12, 2013 8:32 pm

Ok guys thank you.

uk_mkh

Post by uk_mkh » Mon May 13, 2013 3:00 pm

That is interesting.

In fact my professional reference put in his passport number but the 'british citizen' reference did not. Both are BCs and in fact professional for UKBA purposes:- Dentist and Pilot. Anyway I hope it does not delay my application.

Like an id io t, I did not get the passport number for the 'BC' reference even though he said he would give it to me. :oops:

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Mon May 13, 2013 3:28 pm

uk_mkh wrote:That is interesting.

In fact my professional reference put in his passport number but the 'british citizen' reference did not. Both are BCs and in fact professional for UKBA purposes:- Dentist and Pilot. Anyway I hope it does not delay my application.

Like an id io t, I did not get the passport number for the 'BC' reference even though he said he would give it to me. :oops:
If both put their profession title but only one put his British passport number, why would it be a problem? No one says which order they need to be (so either BC, professional or professional, BC).

apod
Newly Registered

Post by apod » Tue May 14, 2013 1:26 pm

hi,

I am applying for citizenship for my little girl (she is 4) using MN1.
One referee should be a professional who has engaged with the child - teacher, HV, social servise worker.
I have asked teather at pre-scholl and she is happy to do it, but her passport expired 2 years ago.
Can I still use her as a referee?
if yes, should we leave the space blank, or should we put expired passport no.
Thanks

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Tue May 14, 2013 1:47 pm

apod wrote:hi,

I am applying for citizenship for my little girl (she is 4) using MN1.
One referee should be a professional who has engaged with the child - teacher, HV, social servise worker.
I have asked teather at pre-scholl and she is happy to do it, but her passport expired 2 years ago.
Can I still use her as a referee?
if yes, should we leave the space blank, or should we put expired passport no.
Thanks
Yes.
Blank.

Aborigine
Newly Registered

Post by Aborigine » Wed May 15, 2013 11:00 am

Hello Boys and Girls

I saw this topic and immediately wanted to inform you .

My first referee is a post office offical and a British citizen as well who is my neighbour and my second referee is a friend of my spouse who has known me for 3 years and who is a British citizen as well.

When i applied for my British Citizenship my first referee put all his details passport no , email address etc.
BUT My second referee put all his details except a passport number because my second referee has never had a passport and has never been abroad.

And I sent my application on 02 / 04 / 2013 and i received my approval letter on 10 / 05 / 2013
My application is successful without a referee`s passport number.

So brothers and sisters i dont think they could really refuse you on the grounds of referees .
I think this referee business is sembolic trivia formality what ever you call it.
Such a meaningless crap , they already check us police records ,national security checks etc .

So moral of the story is DONT BE AFRAID DONT FREAK OUT .
THEY CAN NOT REFUSE YOU , They didnt refuse me i am an example for you.

I learned alot of useful things from this forum May (GOD , ALLAH, and whatever you call in your language ) Bless you dear forum members.

uk_mkh

Post by uk_mkh » Wed May 15, 2013 2:35 pm

Jambo wrote:
uk_mkh wrote:That is interesting.

If both put their profession title but only one put his British passport number, why would it be a problem? No one says which order they need to be (so either BC, professional or professional, BC).
Very true. Case of logic failure on my part :oops: :D

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:53 am

Please continue in your other thread
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.