ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Interview question doubt: Passport application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sys_sagar

Interview question doubt: Passport application

Post by sys_sagar » Wed May 15, 2013 4:08 pm

Interview question doubt:

But when in interview if the officer will ask how many bank accounts do i owe: I am not sure what to say. As I have one personal account and 1 busiess. The business one belongs to my company for which I am a director.

Should I say one or 2 ?

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Wed May 15, 2013 4:10 pm

interview questions are not multiple choice but interactive discussion with the interviewer. So you can state 2 and explain.

sys_sagar

Post by sys_sagar » Wed May 15, 2013 4:17 pm

many thanks. I do understand. However, when I had applied for naturalisation I had applied on basis of an employee and not as a director.

Also, I think the purpose of IPS interview is to make sure it is you who has come for interview and company bank account belongs to a entity ( in which case it ia a company) and not of my own.

So, I am comfused.

barnaby

Post by barnaby » Wed May 15, 2013 4:25 pm

sys_sagar wrote:I think the purpose of IPS interview is to make sure it is you who has come for interview and company bank account belongs to a entity ( in which case it ia a company) and not of my own. So, I am comfused.
I think the passport people get this information from your credit reports (Experian, Equifax, etc.). As far as I know, company bank accounts are not listed on your personal credit report. But if you're still worried, you could check the reports yourself.

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Wed May 15, 2013 4:35 pm

the purpose of the interview is to verify applicant's identity - so if the applicant has a personal a/c and a business a/c, and he answered 2 and explained that would be perfectly fine.
there is no harm in providing additional / full information - if you withhold something, the interviewer may think you are pretending to be the person because you provided only partial information.