ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Refusal of Tier 1(Entrepreneur) PSW to Tier 1 (Entrepreneur)

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

baithai1216
Newly Registered

Post by baithai1216 » Wed May 15, 2013 4:38 pm

I got the refusal letter of tier 1(Entrepreneur) application. The grounds for refusal are:

1. Applicant has no access to funds:

a) Contact details (including postal code, land line phone number and e-mail address)

2. Funds held in regulated financial institution
a) Appellant did not meet the Trading activity criteria. (the No.1)

3.Funds disposable in the UK.

I have the required fund of more than 50k here in the joint account (me and my team partner for the application) and the reason for refusal of both application is same. I made the contract with another private ltd company in heading I provide the other contracting party which means their company name with address including postal code. But in the contract I did not provide my name just signed under my company name.
In the first page of my contract I provide the service details.

I just received the letter today. I am also seeking your advice regarding the deadline of the appeal.
Last edited by baithai1216 on Wed May 15, 2013 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

willy222
Newly Registered

Re: Refusal of Tier 1(Entrepreneur) PSW to Tier 1 (Entrepren

Post by willy222 » Wed May 15, 2013 6:24 pm

baithai1216 wrote:I got the refusal letter of tier 1(Entrepreneur) application. The grounds for refusal are:

a) The contract must have appellants name and name of business,the service provided,the name of the other parties and their contact details (including postal code, land line phone number and e-mail address)

I have the required fund of more than 50k here in the joint account (me and my team partner for the application) and the reason for refusal of both application is same. I made the contract with another private ltd company in heading I provide the other contracting party which means their company name with address including postal code. But in the contract I did not provide my name just signed under my company name.

I just received the letter today. I am also seeking your advice regarding the deadline of the appeal.
Hello baithai1216,
Sorry to hear about your refusal. Your appeal will be a straight forward. just remain positive.
when you received your refusal did it come with recorded delivery or just first class delivery. did you have to sign for it?

silverpearlz

Post by silverpearlz » Wed May 15, 2013 6:43 pm

baithai1216 wrote:I got the refusal letter of tier 1(Entrepreneur) application. The grounds for refusal are:

a) The contract must have appellants name and name of business,the service provided,the name of the other parties and their contact details (including postal code, land line phone number and e-mail address)

This is what my refusal letter says for Appendix A. For 25 points under access to 50K it says the following. The strange thing is it says the same thing for the rest two parts which are - money held in a regulated financial institution(25 points) and money is disposable in the UK(25 points).

"You have claimed 25 points for Access to Funds as required under provision (d) of Table
4 of Appendix A of the Immigration Rules.

On the basis of the documents you have provided, however, the Secretary of State is not
satisfied that these meet the requirements specified under Appendix A of the Immigration Rules and you do not qualify for the award of 25 points in this area.

The reasons for this decision are detailed below. You have claimed 25 points for having access to £50,000 under provision (d) of Table 4 of Appendix A of the Immigration
Rules.

You have provided sufficient evidence to demonstrate that you do have access to at least
£50,000.

As you are applying under provision (d) of Table 4, you are required to demonstrate that
you meet the following additional criteria:

(i) are applying for leave to remain,
(ii) have, or were lasted granted, leave as a Tier 1 (post-Study Work) Migrant,
(iii) were, on a date falling within the three months immediately prior to the date of
application,
(1) registered with HM Revenue and Customs as self-employed, or
(2) registered as a new business in which he is a director, or
(3) registered as a director of an existing business,

(iv) are engaged in business activity, other than the work necessary to administer his business, in an occupation which appears on the list of occupations skilled to National Qualifications Framework level 4 or above, as stated in the Codes of Practice in Appendix J, and provides the specified evidence in paragraph 41-SD,
You have demonstrated that you satisfy (i), and (ii), (iii) above.

For requirement (iv) although you have provided a contract it does not include a landline
phone number as stated in the Immigration Rules.

As a result of the above, you have not demonstrated that you meet the requirements of
the Rules to be awarded points under provision (d) of Table 4 of Appendix A.

You have submitted no evidence that you qualify for points under any of the other
provisions in Table 4 of Appendix A, for example having access to £50,000 and, we have
been unable to award points for this attribute in accordance with Appendix A of the
Immigration Rules. "

My question is how UKBA could be so ignorant that the case worker didnt distinguish the rest two parts of the appendix A. I did submit three letters each confirming the same from Lloyds Bank as requested. My team member got the same letters. Wording mentioned here is exactly the same as it states on our letters.

On top of that theres another ignorant error by the case worker. At the front page where it explains the outcome of the decision briefly it says :-

"You have been awarded xxx points under Appendix A, 0/10 points under Appendix Band 0/10 points under Appendix C. Detailed below is your score for each of the areas in which points were claimed and the reasons for awarding the points scored."

Later on in the explanation they awarded me points under Appendix B and Appendix C. This is ridiculous. Straightaway insult to our efforts. :/

I have applied already and am waiting for appeal hearing.

silverpearlz

Post by silverpearlz » Wed May 15, 2013 6:50 pm

I did submit contract with all the clients details(as per the policy and guidelines) except landline as my client didnt have one. They havent mentioned about mobile so I didnt give.

They just cut copy pasted the same reason on the rest of the letter. Its really annoying to see same reason everywhere. There are contradictory statements throughout my appeal letter. Also there is grammatical mistakes on mine and my partners letters. I dont know whether these points will help in my appeal! But am gonna speak to them people!

silverpearlz

Post by silverpearlz » Wed May 15, 2013 6:56 pm

You can submit an appeal online through https://immigrationappealsonline.justic ... k/IACFees/

my fee was deducted the next working day. Prepare all documentation, your statement and go through your letter as many times as you can. There would be a little home work you will have to do but give as many evidences as you can to defend yourself. There are so many things that could go wrong in the response from UKBA.

Make sure you look around for human rights as well and know your rights. anyway good luck with your procedure. dont be dishearted. just crack it on ;) .

MNaveedonline

Post by MNaveedonline » Wed May 15, 2013 7:05 pm

silverpearlz wrote:I did submit contract with all the clients details(as per the policy and guidelines) except landline as my client didnt have one. They havent mentioned about mobile so I didnt give.

They just cut copy pasted the same reason on the rest of the letter. Its really annoying to see same reason everywhere. There are contradictory statements throughout my appeal letter. Also there is grammatical mistakes on mine and my partners letters. I dont know whether these points will help in my appeal! But am gonna speak to them people!
Hi SilverPearlz. Sorry for refusal and u will be win your case easily via evidence flexiblity law. Had you mentioned client mobile phone,postaladdress and email in your contract.

silverpearlz

Post by silverpearlz » Wed May 15, 2013 7:14 pm

MNaveedonline wrote:
silverpearlz wrote:I did submit contract with all the clients details(as per the policy and guidelines) except landline as my client didnt have one. They havent mentioned about mobile so I didnt give.

Hi SilverPearlz. Sorry for refusal and u will be win your case easily via evidence flexiblity law. Had you mentioned client mobile phone,postaladdress and email in your contract.
Hi, yes I have given name email full address with postcode and university name of client. the contract was biotechnology tutoring services. My client didnt have a landline so I could not provide it. I have got email conversation with my client as an evidence. for the company I provided company name, company address with postcode,directors name, tutors name, email, mobile numbers, company registration number, tutoring subjects, date, signed. I even have a letter requesting my client for my services details along with the proof of identity etc. There was no landline thats the thing. Lets see how it goes.

And I didnt really get the idea about evidence flexibility does it apply to us? where can I find more information about this law? Thanks for your reply :)

MNaveedonline

Post by MNaveedonline » Wed May 15, 2013 7:20 pm

silverpearlz wrote:
MNaveedonline wrote:

Hi, yes I have given name email full address with postcode and university name of client. the contract was biotechnology tutoring services. My client didnt have a landline so I could not provide it. I have got email conversation with my client as an evidence. for the company I provided company name, company address with postcode,directors name, tutors name, email, mobile numbers, company registration number, tutoring subjects, date, signed. I even have a letter requesting my client for my services details along with the proof of identity etc. There was no landline thats the thing. Lets see how it goes.

And I didnt really get the idea about evidence flexibility does it apply to us? where can I find more information about this law? Thanks for your reply :)

For refusal reason like:
contact details are not fully given e.g. land line number, email etc

One can appeal on the basis of '2009 Evidential Flexibility policy'. Though it is related to solicitors/barristers but it could make us to understand how it works.

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... uction.pdf

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... 18v1.0.pdf

Hope it would be helpful for victims.

This message post by some other member.

willy222
Newly Registered

Post by willy222 » Wed May 15, 2013 7:23 pm

silverpearlz wrote:
MNaveedonline wrote:

HELLO silverpearlz,
sorry to hear about your rejection. hopefully your appeal will be a strong one. they are just making guys spend more money.
Did your refusal come by recorded mail?

silverpearlz

Post by silverpearlz » Wed May 15, 2013 7:39 pm

MNaveedonline wrote:
silverpearlz wrote:
MNaveedonline wrote:

For refusal reason like:
contact details are not fully given e.g. land line number, email etc

One can appeal on the basis of '2009 Evidential Flexibility policy'. Though it is related to solicitors/barristers but it could make us to understand how it works.

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... uction.pdf

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... 18v1.0.pdf

Hope it would be helpful for victims.

This message post by some other member.
Much appreciated. Will have a look at it. Although I have mentioned it in my supporting statement but I reckon it would be worth going through before appeal. Thanks :)

silverpearlz

Post by silverpearlz » Wed May 15, 2013 7:41 pm

willy222 wrote:
silverpearlz wrote:
MNaveedonline wrote:

HELLO silverpearlz,
sorry to hear about your rejection. hopefully your appeal will be a strong one. they are just making guys spend more money.
Did your refusal come by recorded mail?
Hi thanks. That was a recorded delivery mate. The money is refundable once your appeal is successful but it is a unnecessary fuss to people who are genuinely willing to do a legitimate business.

baithai1216
Newly Registered

refusal of Tier 1 Entrepreneur

Post by baithai1216 » Wed May 15, 2013 9:01 pm

Actually the grounds for refusal of my application is following:

1. Postal code ( which I provide at the first page of the contract beside the name of my client)

2. Land line number

3. E-mail address

I got the refusal letter today but the letter has been posted on 3/05/2013 according to the parcel. The letter was going back to royal mail depot on 07/05/2013 because I was not in the house. Finally I got the letter today after arranging ten re-delivery.

Now I am seeking your advice how can I organize my supporting evidence and my arguments. I am also seeking your advice regarding the appeal date.

silverpearlz

Re: refusal of Tier 1 Entrepreneur

Post by silverpearlz » Wed May 15, 2013 9:08 pm

baithai1216 wrote:Actually the grounds for refusal of my application is following:

1. Postal code ( which I provide at the first page of the contract beside the name of my client)

2. Land line number

3. E-mail address

I got the refusal letter today but the letter has been posted on 3/05/2013 according to the parcel. The letter was going back to royal mail depot on 07/05/2013 because I was not in the house. Finally I got the letter today after arranging ten re-delivery.

Now I am seeking your advice how can I organize my supporting evidence and my arguments. I am also seeking your advice regarding the appeal date.
First thing your 10 days start from now! you can apply online now and within ten business days try to prepare documents and evidence. The latest you can do is by 27th. Keep enough copies of NOD and other documents you will submit. what other evidence you have to justify why you didnt give all the details?

It would be good if you could scan your letter in pdf, copy it and share the information as a whole here or write it yourself.

baithai1216
Newly Registered

Post by baithai1216 » Wed May 15, 2013 9:15 pm

Thanks a lot for your reply. Actually I had no idea that in a contract I have to give the land line and email address of my client. I thought that the postal code will be fine. Even the case worker they don't want any further evidence from me or don't inform me about this minor error so I can easily rectify the contract. I will send the details of NOD. I want to know so what supporting evidence I should submit with my argument in the appeal.

inevitable008
Newly Registered

Post by inevitable008 » Wed May 15, 2013 9:20 pm

Hi silverpearlz,

How is your appeal going ? Do you have a hearing date yet ?
I was refused based on the fact that my contract has no landline phone number. I just sent in my appeal and waiting for a hearing date

baithai1216
Newly Registered

Post by baithai1216 » Wed May 15, 2013 9:34 pm

I did not go through the appeal process yet, but I will start immediately. That's why I need some guidance.

MNaveedonline

Post by MNaveedonline » Wed May 15, 2013 9:36 pm

inevitable008 wrote:Hi silverpearlz,

I was refused based on the fact that my contract has no landline phone number. I just sent in my appeal and waiting for a hearing date
Sorry for refusal. had u mentioned clients mobile number instead of landline, email address.thanks

khan_81
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by khan_81 » Wed May 15, 2013 10:17 pm

what is NOD?

Choc-Ice
Nigeria

Post by Choc-Ice » Wed May 15, 2013 11:02 pm

khan_81 wrote:what is NOD?
NOD is 'Notice Of Decision'.
IMpossible is 2 letters to long!

baithai1216
Newly Registered

Post by baithai1216 » Thu May 16, 2013 2:45 am

Hi Naveed

Thanks a lot for your reply. I did not provide the mobile number and e-mail address as well. So advice on this point.

silverpearlz

Post by silverpearlz » Thu May 16, 2013 9:02 am

inevitable008 wrote:Hi silverpearlz,

hi.. I have prepared my appeal. mine had the same objection "landline". What was your justification that you didnt provide landline????

Could you please update your NOD here?? what does it exactly says? Update it if possible as I did!!

baithai1216
Newly Registered

Post by baithai1216 » Thu May 16, 2013 12:38 pm

The reason for this decision is detailed below:

Access to fund:

Trading activity: The document submitted did not meet this criteria because you did not provide contact details in the form of address, land line phone number and email address.

Point 0

Funds held in the regulated institution:

The appellant did not meet the trading activity criteria.

Point 0

Funds disposable in the UK

The appellant did not meet the Trading activity criteria.

Point 0

That's the wordings from NOD.

I provide the address of the contracting party in the first page of the contract beside the names of my client. But I did not provide the land ine number and email address. I had no idea that I have to provide these personal information of my client.

I don't understand what should be the acceptable justification because for client's personal information or these type of things usually can be recorded in a separate book or diary. Even a new business they don't have the land line connection yet so I don't know what the UKBA are trying to prove or want to do?

I don't know yet about the justification. You know very well It is not too tough to simply written down the address, land line number and e-mail address. That's a minor error but they give a harsh feedback for that which is not justice rather than abuse of power and process to give effect their unjustifiable intention.

Please advice me how can I organize my grounds of appeal. I am really frustrated.

baithai1216
Newly Registered

Post by baithai1216 » Thu May 16, 2013 12:51 pm

hi.. I have prepared my appeal. mine had the same objection "landline". What was your justification that you didnt provide landline????

Could you please update your NOD here?? what does it exactly says? Update it if possible as I did!![/quote]

Access to fund:

Trading activity: The document submitted did not meet this criteria because you did not provide contact details in the form of address, land line phone number and email address.

Point 0

Point 0

Point 0

I provide the address of the contracting party in the first page of the contract beside the names of my client. But I did not provide the land ine number and email address. I had no idea that I have to provide these personal information of my client.

I don't understand what should be the acceptable justification because for client's personal information or these type of things usually can be recorded in a separate book or diary. Even a new business they don't have the land line connection yet so I don't know what the UKBA are trying to prove or want to do?

I don't know yet about the justification. You know very well It is not too tough to simply written down the address, land line number and e-mail address. That's a minor error but they give a harsh feedback for that which is not justice rather than abuse of power and process to give effect their unjustifiable intention.

Please advice me how can I organize my grounds of appeal. I am really frustrated.

silverpearlz

Post by silverpearlz » Thu May 16, 2013 5:48 pm

baithai1216 wrote:hi.. I have prepared my appeal. mine had the same objection "landline". What was your justification that you didnt provide landline????

Could you please update your NOD here?? what does it exactly says? Update it if possible as I did!!

Access to fund:

Point 0

Point 0

Point 0

Back to top[/quote]

Is it the exact wording as it says is your NOD?

baithai1216
Newly Registered

Post by baithai1216 » Thu May 16, 2013 6:00 pm

Is it the exact wording as it says is your NOD?

That's the exact wording from my NOD. I just copied the exact reasoning what they given me in the NOD.

Now please advice me on preparing the grounds of appeal and other arguments.

thanks