ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR approved at Solihull 14/05

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rt987
Newly Registered

ILR approved at Solihull 14/05

Post by rt987 » Tue May 14, 2013 7:56 pm

Great forum!

Here is my experience:

Applicants: 1 main +2 dependents
Tier1 (G) 3+ 2 years ( Tier1 extension in June 2011).
Applied bang 28 days before the visa runs out
Entered UK 42 days after the inital grant
Changed 2 jobs in last 5 years.

Had an appointment at 10:00 am. Reached PEO at 9:30, was asked to wait for sometime before a token was given. Token called at 10:30. CW asked for the form and the passport. she looked at the initial date of entry and said she will have to check as its bang 28 days before my visa runs out. My visa runs out on 11th June. She went away for 2 mins and came back and said its all ok.

Asked for the form, went straight to the absences pages. I had created a summary sheet, she looked at for a min and went onto the absences page. I had a absence of 18 days before I started full time employment in 2008. I put in the reason as "family matter" and included a personal letter. As I had selected the option of "other" in reason for absence, she asked for the letter. She then said, as the absence is only 18 days no further proof is required.

I had other absences as well which were annual leave so I had letters from emloyers stating that these came out of my annual leave entitlement. However these letters were not asked for as these were not more that 180 days.

Additional documents submitted:

Payslips and Bank statements. I had used earnings from previous and current employment. She asked for employer letters from both employers. Luckily I had asked for a reference letter from my previous employer which I submitted (this was a bit of a surprise)
Life in the UK. (she told me and my wife that we had both scored 100%)
Cohab documents from 3 sources
Photocopies of all documents

The whole process took 30 mins. Went back to waiting area and was called for biometrics in 10 mins. Went back to waiting area, was called back again to say all is ok and should come back in an hour.

Went back at 13:00. documents were at reception with approval letters. Waiting for BRP's now.

Let me know if anyone has any questions.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Re: ILR approved at Solihull 14/05

Post by Kevin24 » Tue May 14, 2013 8:43 pm

rt987 wrote:Great forum!

Here is my experience:

Had an appointment at 10:00 am. Reached PEO at 9:30, was asked to wait for sometime before a token was given. Token called at 10:30. CW asked for the form and the passport. she looked at the initial date of entry and said she will have to check as its bang 28 days before my visa runs out. My visa runs out on 11th June. She went away for 2 mins and came back and said its all ok.

Asked for the form, went straight to the absences pages. I had created a summary sheet, she looked at for a min and went onto the absences page. I had a absence of 18 days before I started full time employment in 2008. I put in the reason as "family matter" and included a personal letter. As I had selected the option of "other" in reason for absence, she asked for the letter. She then said, as the absence is only 18 days no further proof is required.

I had other absences as well which were annual leave so I had letters from emloyers stating that these came out of my annual leave entitlement. However these letters were not asked for as these were not more that 180 days.

Payslips and Bank statements. I had used earnings from previous and current employment. She asked for employer letters from both employers. Luckily I had asked for a reference letter from my previous employer which I submitted (this was a bit of a surprise)

The whole process took 30 mins. Went back to waiting area and was called for biometrics in 10 mins. Went back to waiting area, was called back again to say all is ok and should come back in an hour.

Went back at 13:00. documents were at reception with approval letters. Waiting for BRP's now.

Congratulations.That was very fast service. Last week My appointment was at 10.00 am after a 1/2hour interview, collection of documents was at 3.30 pm.Because there were lots of applicants on that day.
KEVIN
Please Don't send me P. M If I haven't sent you One .

jazyblue
Newly Registered

Post by jazyblue » Tue May 14, 2013 8:57 pm

Congrats Bro!

It was really quick. I have two questions what was the reference letter you provided basically what it was stating. The other question the regarding Absence letter from the company, did they told you it is not required? or it was just because your absences were well in limit and that's the reason you thought you thought they have not asked.

Also have you also provided the pohotocopies of all the cohabation documents because I have loads of them.

Thanks in Advance.

LostInCountry

Post by LostInCountry » Tue May 14, 2013 9:16 pm

Hi RT,

Congrats on your ILR.

Did they take the payment before the caseworker checked on the dates (to be bang 28 days before visa expiry)?

also, on question 7.11 of the form (7.11. how long have you lived in the UK? Years Months) Did you specify 4 years 11 months? I ask as I have same situation, entered 31 days later from EC date.

onabanjo

Post by onabanjo » Tue May 14, 2013 9:28 pm

Congratulations. Enjoy your ILR :D
Disclaimer: I am no immigration lawyer nor am I OISC qualified. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion.

valeed.naim2

Post by valeed.naim2 » Tue May 14, 2013 9:38 pm

Once again congratulation, I am also applying ILR in in next weeks and trying to figure out about draft of absence letters.

I have very similar situation like you, working with the company last five years and have only 5 trip to my home country total days of absence 125 days.

My employer is happy to provide me letter but donot know the content/format of the letter.

I will be very thankful to if you provide me draft/sample of absence letter which you have used.

Secondly Is absence should be same as in SET (0) form. I am little bit confused because in the form I did not include entry and exit date but I was off from the work.

I wan to clear shall absence in SET (0) form must be same as in absence employer letter. Thanks

Thanks,

Valeed.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Tue May 14, 2013 9:44 pm

LostInCountry wrote:Hi RT,

Congrats on your ILR.

Did they take the payment before the caseworker checked on the dates (to be bang 28 days before visa expiry)?

also, on question 7.11 of the form (7.11. how long have you lived in the UK? Years Months) Did you specify 4 years 11 months? I ask as I have same situation, entered 31 days later from EC date.
As soon as the CW checked My passport, she took the Payment and gave me the receipt. After that only she started interviewing me.

years 11 Months is o.K for you to enter.
KEVIN

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Tue May 14, 2013 9:48 pm

valeed.naim2 wrote:Once again congratulation, I am also applying ILR in in next weeks and trying to figure out about draft of absence letters.

I have very similar situation like you, working with the company last five years and have only 5 trip to my home country total days of absence 125 days.

My employer is happy to provide me letter but donot know the content/format of the letter.

I will be very thankful to if you provide me draft/sample of absence letter which you have used.

Secondly Is absence should be same as in SET (0) form. I am little bit confused because in the form I did not include entry and exit date but I was off from the work.

I wan to clear shall absence in SET (0) form must be same as in absence employer letter. Thanks

Thanks,

Valeed.
Why don't you use Sticky's absence letter formats(2). All the absences if you can't enter in the SET O form,use a seperate sheet. But Dates must tally between the letter and the Form.
KEVIN

wordable

Post by wordable » Tue May 14, 2013 11:53 pm

Congratulations rt987! Enjoy your ilr! :D :D

z18runway

Post by z18runway » Wed May 15, 2013 12:42 am

congrats and best of luck

nanmoom

Post by nanmoom » Wed May 15, 2013 5:36 am

Congrats @ rt987.

Dear All please note that the absence the should not be more than 180 in 12 consecutive months. Regards

nanmoom

Post by nanmoom » Wed May 15, 2013 8:08 am

@"rt987" Congrats !
Any idea you can post a sample letter of absences or direct me to one where available.
A sample letter from employer stating one is still required for employement.

Many thanks

valeed.naim2

Post by valeed.naim2 » Wed May 15, 2013 9:35 am

Kevin24 wrote:
valeed.naim2 wrote:Once again congratulation, I am also applying ILR in in next weeks and trying to figure out about draft of absence letters.

Thanks,

Valeed.
Why don't you use Sticky's absence letter formats(2). All the absences if you can't enter in the SET O form,use a seperate sheet. But Dates must tally between the letter and the Form.
Can Tier 1 (G) applicant use the sticky's absence letter. I think it is for work permit holder route. Thanks

natspace
Newly Registered

Post by natspace » Wed May 15, 2013 10:13 am

rt987: Congratulations Mate!

Kevin24 wrote: Congratulations.That was very fast service. Last week My appointment was at 10.00 am after a 1/2hour interview, collection of documents was at 3.30 pm.Because there were lots of applicants on that day.
Hi Kevin,

Please could you share your experience with us? (Or did I miss it?)

Also, below you mentioned using additional sheet if all absences do not fit on form. What if one provides everything on an addirional sheet, and on the form mention separate sheet provided?

Cheers

marke
Newly Registered

Post by marke » Wed May 15, 2013 10:51 am

First of all Congratulations on your ILR!! Question around the statement below;

Did the CW ask for a letter confirming payments made by employer even though the Payslip was on official company headed paper? I ask this because my pay slips from a previous employer are on the company headed paper and I haven't bothered to ask for a letter. I may now have to ask for one, depending on what you say. Please let me know. Thanks for your help.

Emrah

Post by Emrah » Wed May 15, 2013 11:06 am

Congratulations enjoy your ILR.

ldbright

Post by ldbright » Wed May 15, 2013 11:33 am

Thanks for sharing your experience!

Can you please also give some details about the interview?

What kind of questions did they ask?

Is the interview a newly addition to the process now.

rt987
Newly Registered

Post by rt987 » Wed May 15, 2013 1:26 pm

Even though I had payslips which were sent to me in the post I was asked for a reference letter. My reference letter just confirmed my annual Pay, job title and start/leaving dates. there was no mention by my employers to say that the payslips are genuine.

CW first checked that I am elegible to appy i.e. exactly 28 days before the Visa expiry and then the payment was taken.

Regarding the absence letter: here is what I said in the letter:

Re: Details of absence from UK from 10/08/2008 – 27/08/2008 to support application for indefinite leave to remain
I entered the United Kingdom on 24/07/2008 on a Tier1 General Visa. I was offered a job with xxx on a full time and permanent basis on 01/08/2008.
I accepted the offer and joined xxxx on 01/09/2008. While I was waiting to join xxx I had to travel to India due to a family issue.
I was absent from UK from 10/08/2008 – 27/08/2008.
I trust that the information provided is sufficient, but should you require further details please do let me know.
Yours faithfully,

rt987
Newly Registered

Post by rt987 » Wed May 15, 2013 1:30 pm

@LostInCountry- I entered 4 years and 9 months. She just looked over the page and no questions were asked.

marke
Newly Registered

Post by marke » Wed May 15, 2013 2:30 pm

[quote="rt987"]Even though I had payslips which were sent to me in the post I was asked for a reference letter. My reference letter just confirmed my annual Pay, job title and start/leaving dates. there was no mention by my employers to say that the payslips are genuine.

... I am just wondering on this point. A P45 would basically do the same.. it has your YTD pay, and leaving date ??

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Wed May 15, 2013 4:44 pm

natspace wrote:rt987: Congratulations Mate!

Kevin24 wrote: Congratulations.That was very fast service. Last week My appointment was at 10.00 am after a 1/2hour interview, collection of documents was at 3.30 pm.Because there were lots of applicants on that day.
Hi Kevin,

Please could you share your experience with us? (Or did I miss it?)

Also, below you mentioned using additional sheet if all absences do not fit on form. What if one provides everything on an addirional sheet, and on the form mention separate sheet provided?

Cheers
Mate!

You did not miss it. I haven't posted it yet.

I am awaiting for an Experience of My good frien,who went to Solihull.. I will then post it after I hear from him.There is also another Guy awaiting his approval after further checksl,whose wife is pregnant.

If you want me to answer any queries please post them,either separately on this post, i will do My best to answer.

I could fit in My absences in the form. I also provided a separate excel sheet,signed by My Employer along with a letter..
KEVIN

goodssb

Post by goodssb » Thu May 16, 2013 10:05 am

rt987 wrote:Great forum!

Here is my experience:

rt987, congradulations!!
Could you please share what three documents did you use for cohab and do they cover 2 years or 5 years period?