ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

VFS withdrew schengen application without my authorisation

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ChaitanyaS123
Newly Registered

VFS withdrew schengen application without my authorisation

Post by ChaitanyaS123 » Thu May 16, 2013 11:56 am

I have had a very unfortunate incident with VFS team and it has been a very disappointing experience for me.
Me and my friends had applied at VFS belgium embassy on 21st March and we didn't get any response for around 3 weeks. We already missed one trip and had to incur a loss on our flights and hotels.
As our visa application was getting delayed we tried to track our application and some members from the helpline team helped me get more details and it came to my attention that my application had been withdrawn. We had not requested to withdraw our applications and this has caused us an impact of another trip which we were going to make.

I was then asked by this VFS helpling team to call VFS london center team. Ideally it shouldnt be responsibility and internally I would have expected them to contact internally as its obviously their mistake. But i had to spend my money by calling them on their 75p/min line. After long calls I was informed that my application was sent by Belgium embassy to Home office.
1. Does this happen ? Why does Belgium embassy send applications to home office? and I was told it could take around 3 months.

Further I was told by (VFS) london center team that my application is still being processed and if I send my passports back home office will continue it.
2. Again does this happen ? Do home office or belgium embassy process applications like this?

Post that manager from (VFS) London center team informed that no my application is closed and after I replied to him he said oh its temporarily closed.

So eventually now they are asking me that I should send my passports back so they can process. Its already 2 months and I dont trust VFS at all. I dont want to process but I would expect them to take some responsibility for their mistake and provide me a complete refund.

3. Has anyone faced such situation? It is really annoying how this such situation is being dealt by VFS.

4. I am considering of contacting some solicitors as they have illegally withdrawn my application without my authorisation.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Thu May 16, 2013 7:46 pm

What type of shengen visa did you apply for? Where was the application made?

have you sent a written complaint?