ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalization: Supporting documents

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ziggy10
Newly Registered

Naturalization: Supporting documents

Post by ziggy10 » Thu May 16, 2013 6:21 pm

I used my driving license as proof of identity when i took the Life in the UK (LIUK) test. I then submitted the LIUK test certificate with my ILR application(which was successful).

When i apply for Naturalization,do i have to submit my driving license with my application as proof of identity for the LIUK test?

Can i submit the Home Office ILR letter of approval or must i submit the ILR biometric card ?

Many Thanks
ziggy

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu May 16, 2013 6:43 pm

You can use your drivers license as long as your address is the current one but remember you need your passport as well.

You will need to submit your biometric card with your application.

If you use NCS, they will copy your originals and return them to you and submit your application with the photocopies.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ziggy10
Newly Registered

Post by ziggy10 » Thu May 16, 2013 7:13 pm

CR001, is it compulsory to submit document used as proof of identity for LIUK.

Someone told me that if i submitted my LIUK certificate when i applied for ILR then i don't need to submit the certificate and document used as proof of identity.

Will appreciate if seniors and those who have applied for naturalization and were successful to comment.

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu May 16, 2013 7:47 pm

As long as you submit your passport you will be fine but carry the license with you in case you are asked if you applying using NCS. I used my passport for LIUK, ILR and naturalisation so cannot comment from experience.

There was someone recently on the forum asking the same question so maybe if you do a search you will find the answer.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Thu May 16, 2013 8:14 pm

As you already submitted LIUK test for settlement, it is not required for naturalisation and so you don't need to submit the licence.