ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Accommodation Scanned Letter

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Pandy84
Newly Registered

Accommodation Scanned Letter

Post by Pandy84 » Thu May 16, 2013 9:01 pm

Hello

My wife is applying for a spouse visa for the uk from Japan. I have provided all original documents except a scanned signed letter from my estate agent about the property and a printed email from my estate agent confirming I can re new my lease for another year (as I only have 3 months left on it)

Originals I have-Tenancy agreement, Inventory, Council tax bills, utility bills

I have basically done this because the estate agent was really late sending the letter and so unreliable. He posted the letter and I have waited a week and it still hasn't turned up

Do you think the email and scanned letter will be ok will all the other evidence?

Thank you![/b]

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Thu May 16, 2013 9:51 pm

Yes, no problem. It's not necessary to show that the accommodation is secured for a certain period into the future; merely that it is currently secured and can be contractually extended as and when necessary.

Pandy84
Newly Registered

Post by Pandy84 » Thu May 16, 2013 10:04 pm

Thanks for the reply. Thats what I wanted to hear, but don't I need to prove that my home is not overcrowded and my wife has permission to stay?

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Thu May 16, 2013 10:09 pm

Yes, but that an easy thing to do. The tenancy agreement will say who can live there and if there are not already other adult tenants in that private accommodation, the arrival of your wife will not be an issue.