ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ammnesty or assylum

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sophie
BANNED

ammnesty or assylum

Post by sophie » Sun Apr 15, 2007 3:32 pm

HI THERE

can any one help me ,i know im the responsible for what i,ve done but i now need help just ur few words of good advise please . :(
i,m on student visa ,and i,m muslim from Pakistan .i,ve got pregnanat without getting married with x-boy friend (who is non muslim and now dont want to marry me .he is on student visa as well).This thing is totally unecceptable for my family in Pakistan .i.ve got visa till december 2007 ,and my baby is due in september 2007 .after this a cant go back home because they ,ve threaten to kill me (my brothers and my uncles ).Now i,m thinking to apply for ammnessty or assylum .
can any tell me the chances of success regarding this matter? .and what documents do i need ?or what should i do?

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: ammnesty or assylum

Post by Wanderer » Sun Apr 15, 2007 5:20 pm

sophie wrote:HI THERE

can any one help me ,i know im the responsible for what i,ve done but i now need help just ur few words of good advise please . :(
i,m on student visa ,and i,m muslim from Pakistan .i,ve got pregnanat without getting married with x-boy friend (who is non muslim and now dont want to marry me .he is on student visa as well).This thing is totally unecceptable for my family in Pakistan .i.ve got visa till december 2007 ,and my baby is due in september 2007 .after this a cant go back home because they ,ve threaten to kill me (my brothers and my uncles ).Now i,m thinking to apply for ammnessty or assylum .
can any tell me the chances of success regarding this matter? .and what documents do i need ?or what should i do?
There is no amnesty.

Asylum? Well that's generally politically motivated or war situation so I don't think what amounts to a family issue is grounds for asylum, serious sounding tho it is.

We can't advise you on personal matters but I think it's fairly safe to assume you're on a sticky wicket attempting to play the asylum card.

sakura
Diamond Member

Post by sakura » Sun Apr 15, 2007 5:47 pm

I'll second Wanderer's point, there is no amnesty, so that's gone.

A few more questions:
-Do your parents know already?
-How old are you? How long have you been in the UK? How have you supported yourself?
-When do you finish your course, and what type is it?
-Where is the father of the child from?

Once you answer these questions, we should be able to point you in the right direction....hopefully!

I do not know what the Home Office will say about asylum, but this is a tricky issue. I am assuming, however, that they will not want to include this sort of issue as a category applicable for asylum, because it might have led to many people applying (truthfully or falsely). The other problem is that since the father is not a UK citizen, the child is also not British, so there's no connection to allow you to stay in the country.

That being said, you should seek legal advice ASAP. Go to Citizen's Advice Bureau (your nearest centre), find some immigration/asylum organisations. You should find out what options are open to you now, as, since you are studying, if you don't attend your classes/exams and the BIA finds out (if your school reports you), they might refuse you any extension and that will be another issue for you to work out.

If you have real proof of what your family has said about this, then tell your advisors.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sun Apr 15, 2007 6:03 pm

sakura wrote:I do not know what the Home Office will say about asylum, but this is a tricky issue. I am assuming, however, that they will not want to include this sort of issue as a category applicable for asylum, because it might have led to many people applying (truthfully or falsely). The other problem is that since the father is not a UK citizen, the child is also not British, so there's no connection to allow you to stay in the country.
Yeah all we have here are threats, nothing more. My brother threatened to kill me numerous times (seriously - he had an anger management problem) so would I have be able to apply for asylum somewhere? We all know now hey were idle threats so thank God I didn't defect to the Soviet Union then. I was a bit of a Communist then and I did seriously consider it!

No, I can't see the HO taking mere threats seriously.

In fact, playing the devils advocate they would argue you'd be no safer here than there, in fact possibly better in Pakistan in another city. Presumably too ur uncles and brothers will have 'friends' here to their dirty work if needed.

Is this sort of thing normal in Islamic society? Or the fundamentalist few? Either way it's barbaric.

Docterror
United Kingdom

Post by Docterror » Sun Apr 15, 2007 6:46 pm

Is this sort of thing normal in Islamic society? Or the fundamentalist few?
I think that threats like this sort to unmarried women becoming pregnant are seen in many countries like Mexico and China as well. So, it should be fundamentalist point of view rather than a religious one. I think we will be hard-pressed to find countries outside the developed world and Africa which will look kindly upon pre-marital conception. And even amongst them, there are many families who condemn such actions.

If such cases are given settlement to UK, the easiest way for the women in such countries would be to somehow make it to UK and get knocked up by some guy and cry "threat". Quite a discrimination against the men from such countries with similar aspiration, no?
Jabi