ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

RK001002
Newly Registered

Still waiting

Post by RK001002 » Tue May 14, 2013 9:59 pm

I thought my waiting time was over after i got the approval letter after 8 months but I was wrong I still haven't received my BRP after 10 working days. Emailed them today to look into this but no reply yet. Called dx courier as well but they don't have anything for me...
can someone please shed some light on what could be the problem? And
I want to apply for flr-m for my wife after i get the card, do i need to send my passport and BRP with it or copies will suffice? Need to look for new job can't afford to let my passport go again. or would certified copies be okay?
Many thanks
Last edited by RK001002 on Wed May 15, 2013 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tek75
- thin ice -

Waiting for ILR

Post by Tek75 » Wed May 15, 2013 10:00 am

Here is my timeline for ILR (Long Residence).

Application sent: 13/02/2013
Acknowledgement:19/02/2013
Biometric letter received: 23/02/2013
Biometric done (at PO): 25/02/2013
Documents Received: waiting
Biometric (ILR) Card Received:waiting

Thanks.

saanju9
Member of Standing

Re: Set(M) Approved Alhamdulillah

Post by saanju9 » Wed May 15, 2013 10:40 am

nats wrote:Good luck Sanju.. I am sure she will do it. women are always good in remembering dates like birthdays, aniversary dates and fighting with us if we 4get.. so dont worry its ur turn now to make her remember history dates :)
I wish that was that easy

saanju9
Member of Standing

Re: Please help on my case - Partner of 10yrs settlement

Post by saanju9 » Wed May 15, 2013 10:43 am

happysnappy wrote:Hi,

Thank you very much for your advice, I applied FLR(M) on 5th of April, but my husband's 10yrs ILR was granted 10 days later, 15th of April. So I was granted 5 years probationary, not 2 years. Just want to know if it is the old rules applied for my case or the new one? Can I ask for reconsideration? and which rules I should quote on? Any advice? Please help, thanks

saanju9 wrote:
happysnappy wrote:I am going to send a letter to caseworker to ask for reconsideration, but not sure which rules I should quote, could anyone please help me ,thanks

z18runway wrote:
You can now apply for set(m)

Sorry I think you can't apply for SET(M) yet. You need to wait 2 years.

If you had applied for SET(M) on 5th April you would have got it (which couldn't because your husband's application hasn't been decided at that time) So very unfortunately you need to wait 2 years from now.

Because Your previous visa was PSW dependent and PSW is not on a settlement route. and you cannot amalgamate time spent on non settlement routes and dependent on settled person from 6th April.

Do check further in this thread for examples - Nats (he/she had to apply for set (m) before 6th april to come under those old rules). there are few others but I couldn't remember their names
Did you got you FLR(M) already???

If you got it already... there is nothing we can do at this stage... My wife's FLR(M) was given the same letter but she is eligible for ILR now (she got her FLR(M) 3 weeks ago)... but you can apply in 2 years time and you will get it

farhad34
Newly Registered

Ilr

Post by farhad34 » Wed May 15, 2013 2:52 pm

Hi guys
Just received a letter from ukba that my ilr is approved . Just waiting to get my biometric card so i could start applying for jobs , its a good relief much awaited phew!

Good luck to all of you

jony_dhaka

Post by jony_dhaka » Wed May 15, 2013 6:59 pm

Hi all . plz some one upgrade my information in skydive and pray for me .

Set(o) ILR (10 year Long Residence) :

Application sent: 26 /03/2013
Acknowledgement: 04/04/2013
Took money from my account: 02 /04/2013
Biometric letter received: 09/04 /2013
Biometric done (at PO): 09/04 /2013
Documents Received: Pendng
Biometric (ILR) Card Received:Pending

jony_dhaka

Re: Ilr

Post by jony_dhaka » Wed May 15, 2013 7:03 pm

farhad34 wrote:Hi guys
Just received a letter from ukba that my ilr is approved . Just waiting to get my biometric card so i could start applying for jobs , its a good relief much awaited phew!

Good luck to all of you
When did you apply ?

farhad34
Newly Registered

Post by farhad34 » Wed May 15, 2013 7:07 pm

i applied 7/12/12 and my ilr is dated 10/5/13

SPhilip
Newly Registered

Re: Still waiting

Post by SPhilip » Wed May 15, 2013 9:05 pm

RK001002 wrote:I thought my waiting time was over after i got the approval letter after 8 months but I was wrong I still haven't received my BRP after 10 working days. Emailed them today to look into this but no reply yet. Called dx courier as well but they don't have anything for me...
can someone please shed some light on what could be the problem? And
I want to apply for flr-m for my wife after i get the card, do i need to send my passport and BRP with it or copies will suffice? Need to look for new job can't afford to let my passport go again. or would certified copies be okay?
Many thanks
In my case, I had to send back my passport and BRP in order for them to consider my husband's FLRM application.

missdonkey
Newly Registered

Post by missdonkey » Wed May 15, 2013 11:25 pm

My partner got his ILR approval +passport back today! BRP card to follow in the next 5-7 days. It took in total 7 months today. I must say it has been the darkest period in our lives.

Timeline
Submitted: 15 Oct 2012
Ack: 19 Oct 2013
Bio: 27 Dec 2013
MP reply: 18 April 2013 say application allocated to a case working team
Approval letter: 13 May 2013
Received letter: 15 May 2013

Everyone that is still waiting, YOURS will come soon. Have faith and patience. Best wishes!!!

sk77
Newly Registered

ILR 10 Years Long Residence Application

Post by sk77 » Thu May 16, 2013 1:41 pm

After waiting for more than 8.5 months I called UKBA today to check the progress of my application. The lady on the phone checked on her system and then asked me to hold as she needs to make few enquiries with the relevant department. After 3-4 minutes wait she came back and said the application is not complete yet and I have to wait.

rainm
Newly Registered

Post by rainm » Thu May 16, 2013 2:45 pm

Got my ILR 2 weeks ago after more than 8 months of waiting and after sending many letters/emails. Was a horrible 8 months and it was extremely difficult. I just wanted to say thanks to the people who run this forum and the people who post helpful information. I think you are doing a great job. It has helped me a lot and provided help and peace of mind to countless others. Thank you very much.

Pari_in_kwest

Applying for British Passport after ILR

Post by Pari_in_kwest » Fri May 17, 2013 12:27 am

Hi there,

I recieved my ILR on the basis of 10 years long residency on 31 Jan 2013. I had to travel back to India for a month and a half straight after that due to an unfortunate situation. I have now been offered to work abroad, which allows me to travel to England every 2.5 months for about 2 weeks. I will be in this job for a year. I would like to know when can I apply for my British Passport and what are the rules. The information on Home Office website is unclear and fragmentary. Also, I dont know what the difference is between obtaining British passport, British Citizenship and Naturalisation. I would really appreciate if you could please respond to my query.

Thanks
Ritu

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Re: Applying for British Passport after ILR

Post by Damanisshallo » Fri May 17, 2013 9:43 am

Pari_in_kwest wrote:Hi there,

I recieved my ILR on the basis of 10 years long residency on 31 Jan 2013. I had to travel back to India for a month and a half straight after that due to an unfortunate situation. I have now been offered to work abroad, which allows me to travel to England every 2.5 months for about 2 weeks. I will be in this job for a year. I would like to know when can I apply for my British Passport and what are the rules. The information on Home Office website is unclear and fragmentary. Also, I dont know what the difference is between obtaining British passport, British Citizenship and Naturalisation. I would really appreciate if you could please respond to my query.

Thanks
Ritu
You will have to wait until Jan 2014. However, I see that you've waited for 5 months on your ILR which I doubt if you qualify under Para 7.5g. However, if you qualify under this para then you can apply for Naturalisation in Oct this year.

Naturalization is where you get an approval letter followed by an Oath Ceremony[Costs around £850 on average]. Once you have this certificate you can apply for a British Passport anytime you wish [costing you another £250]

-HTH
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

bestmd
Newly Registered

ILR 10 Years Long Residence Application

Post by bestmd » Fri May 17, 2013 10:02 am

Submit your feedback and ask for Priority Service for 10 years ILR so we don't have to wait 8 to 12 months.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... 2improving

ebo1
Newly Registered

Post by ebo1 » Fri May 17, 2013 10:17 am

Damanisshallo wrote:
Pari_in_kwest wrote:
You will have to wait until Jan 2014. However, I see that you've waited for 5 months on your ILR which I doubt if you qualify under Para 7.5g. However, if you qualify under this para then you can apply for Naturalisation in Oct this year.

-HTH
Hi Damanisshallo,

What is the minimum ILR wait time to be considered under 15 months rule?

Thanks

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Fri May 17, 2013 10:53 am

ebo1 wrote: What is the minimum ILR wait time to be considered under 15 months rule?
I've asked the same question few months back and they haven't answered the exact meaning of protracted but I'd assume it to be over 6 months.
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

fazhaque

ILR Success after 8 months....

Post by fazhaque » Fri May 17, 2013 12:04 pm

All,
Want to share some good news...Me and wife both got ILR after 8 months of long and stressful wait. A massive thank you to all of you guys ( Specially Damanisshallo) for your endless support and advice. Please could anyone add our timeline in the Skydrive.

Wish you all the best who are still waiting to receive your ILR - Have faith in Allah.

My Wifes Time line (10 Years ILR) -

Application sent: 11/09/2012
Acknowledgement:14/09/2012
Biometric letter received: 10/01/2013 ( Yes 4 months !!)
Biometric done (at PO): 10/01/2013
Biometric (ILR) Card Received: 09/05/2013
Documents Received: 14/05/2013

My Time line (10 Years ILR) -

Application sent: 11/09/2012
Acknowledgement:14/09/2012
Biometric letter received: 10/01/2013 ( Yes 4 months !!)
Biometric done (at PO): 10/01/2013
Biometric (ILR) Card Received: 17/05/2013
Documents Received: 17/05/2013

lsagar30

Post by lsagar30 » Fri May 17, 2013 12:33 pm

Hello all,
Have been reading this forum since Jan 2013. My timeline is as follows.
Application Sent: 20th Sep 2012 (10 year basis)
Acknowledgment received: 26 Sep 2012.
Biometric invitation received: 26th Nov 2012
Biometrics done: 27th Nov 2012.
Rest waiting.

Was inspired to send an email to our local MP, as recommended by many on this forum. Got an immediate reply that he will look into the matter. Also send emails to Theresa May and Rob Whiteman, but no replies.
On 15th May received another email from the secretary of the local MP that he has contacted the Home office my behalf and they have confirmed that my case has been assigned to a case worker and was last looked at on 8th May. Now don't know what that means. But wish that my passports come back to me with the approval letter and biometric card soon.

Thankyou for all those who have been so motivating and honest and have been sharing their views and timelines on this forum. It is really helping so many out there to keep their morale up during their long wait.

I am not that good at Excel. So if anyone can be kind enough to update my timeline on Skydrive, I would be very thankful. All the best to all.

S17
Newly Registered

9 months today!!!

Post by S17 » Fri May 17, 2013 1:29 pm

Its been exactly 9 months since I applied for ILR and still nothing. I was one of the first people to get my biometric invitation in october (as an August applicant), and I think they're working backwards from biometric order!

remond
Newly Registered

Refused

Post by remond » Fri May 17, 2013 2:16 pm

Hi I need urgent advice my partner visa is refused under new rules for financial requirement. I got ilr 10 years basis in march and applied for her in oct after 1 week of my application. She is tier 4 dependant from 2006 so should come under old rules but case worker refused based on new rule n given appeal right. What is the best option left for me? Pls suggest thanks.

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Re: Refused

Post by Damanisshallo » Fri May 17, 2013 2:36 pm

remond wrote:Hi I need urgent advice my partner visa is refused under new rules for financial requirement. I got ilr 10 years basis in march and applied for her in oct after 1 week of my application. She is tier 4 dependant from 2006 so should come under old rules but case worker refused based on new rule n given appeal right. What is the best option left for me? Pls suggest thanks.
You will have to provide further details on the reason for refusal. What exact reason ?
Skydrives, Templates

remond
Newly Registered

Refusal

Post by remond » Fri May 17, 2013 2:46 pm

She does not earn 18600 that's the reason. She earn only 550 PCM and provided third party support from back home. Thanks

remond
Newly Registered

Re: Refused

Post by remond » Fri May 17, 2013 3:42 pm

Damanisshallo wrote:
remond wrote:Hi I need urgent advice my partner visa is refused under new rules for financial requirement. I got ilr 10 years basis in march and applied for her in oct after 1 week of my application. She is tier 4 dependant from 2006 so should come under old rules but case worker refused based on new rule n given appeal right. What is the best option left for me? Pls suggest thanks.
You will have to provide further details on the reason for refusal. What exact reason ?
She does not earn 18600 that's the reason. She earn only 550 PCM and provided third party support from back home. Thanks any suggestion why they did so where they should consider it under the old rules.

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Reconsideration

Post by Damanisshallo » Fri May 17, 2013 3:42 pm

remond wrote:She does not earn 18600 that's the reason. She earn only 550 PCM and provided third party support from back home. Thanks
Try a reconsideration letter, which is a letter to the United Kingdom Border Agency stating the reasons why you feel your application was wrongly refused, you need to refute all the points made in the refusal letter and state the reasons why.

With the letter of reconsideration you can also attach further evidence to back up your point and refer to it in the letter.

The letter should be sent to the same post which refused your application and to the person and department names of which should be stated at the end of the refusal letter, there is no fee for this and if a decision in your favour is forthcoming then your visa will be granted. You should send this letter as soon as possible.

You can clearly mention that she first entered the UK in 2006 which is Pre July 2012 hence you believe that she should be considered under old rules. However, it is worth mentioning that you are aware of the changes made to the rules on/after 6th April and that she cannot apply for SET(M) before 2 yrs from now.

The main motto of this letter should be to let the caseworker know that it was wrongly considered under old rules and that you'd win this appeal without any hesitations and that you're trying to resolve this out of court.
(Bear in mind, do not put these words in the letter but some how you will have to indicate without mentioning as if you've whispered)

Rather than going to a solicitor to appeal, try to speak to them (Supervisor) not the CSA and explain to them the situation that they've sadly mistaken the dates. I remember lately someone had the similar kind of refusal and they managed to revert back the decision. (Saving you £££'s). Reading the reconsideration process might help you.

UKBA's Reconsideration policy @ Page 6 wrote:Definition of a reconsideration
A reconsideration is a review by the UK Border Agency of a decision made in the UK on an application for:
 further limited or indefinite leave to remain
 transfer of conditions (TOC), or
 no time limit (NTL).
Such a request will usually be about a refusal decision but may also be about aspects of an approval (for example, the period of leave granted).
When is a reconsideration request acceptable?
The UK Border Agency is not legally obliged to reconsider an immigration decision. When an applicant has a right of appeal, the correct method for them to challenge the decision is to lodge an appeal. Applicants refused without a right of appeal can either:
 challenge the decision through the judicial review process
 make a fresh application for limited or indefinite leave to remain, if they believe they
can show that they meet the requirements of the route under which they are applying,
or
 in the case of refused TOC or NTL applications, submit a fresh application that
addresses the reasons why the original application was refused. The UK Border Agency will however reconsider applications, if:
 The application was granted and the applicant believes that the type of leave granted or the expiry date of the leave is incorrect.
 The reconsideration is a legacy request submitted before 13 November 2012 and there are still reasons to reconsider the decision.
 The reconsideration request is about a case affected by the Alvi judgement and the
applicant is still in-time to bring an appeal or judicial review. For information on how to deal with reconsideration requests based on the Alvi judgment, see related link.
For information on what is not an acceptable reconsideration request, the requirements a request must meet and legacy reconsideration requests, see links on left.
Skydrives, Templates