ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR SET(O) Application Tier 1 (General)

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rhule815
Newly Registered

ILR SET(O) Application Tier 1 (General)

Post by rhule815 » Fri May 17, 2013 6:15 pm

Hello

I have been on Tier 1 (General) for the past 5 years and therefore applied for an ILR at PEO office in Solihull Birmingham.

Unfortunately, I added my wife who has not been in the UK for as a dependant on the same application and was told that she should have filled a different FLR(M) form and therefore falls for refusal however, they collected all my documentations and cohabitation documents and gave as a letter saying that the application is valid but they will have to make some further enquiries.

I spoke to a lawyer today who said that, if they said my wifes application falls for refusal, it means the whole application will be refused. So even if all my documentaions and proof are correct, becuase my wife's (the depandant) falls for refusal, mine (the main applicant) will also be refused since its on the same application form.

My question is, is this normally the case? Has anyone in this forum had a similar situation before?

OR If all my (main applicants) documents are correct and right they will issue the visa for me alone and refused her (dependant) due to hers being on a wrong form.

Any Experience of this situation her? Please help

ram80
United Kingdom

Post by ram80 » Fri May 17, 2013 6:23 pm

I understand you and your wife have merely applied together for ILR.

They will evaluate both your applications based on the merits of the case and issue or decline it based on evidence. I dont think they will refuse yours simply because of applying together with your wife. If they do that, you can check with a solicitor to appeal against the decision.
This post does not contain legal advice.