ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA4 fast processing times or wishful thinking

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

WebMonkey

Re: GOT IT!!!

Post by WebMonkey » Tue May 07, 2013 5:23 pm

iancoetzee wrote:Hi all

Been following peoples responses here and I have finally got my Residence permit after just 2 1/2 months!! :)

20th Feb - Special dleivery of EEA4 form received by Border Agency
6th March - Received COA ( certificate of application )
3rd May - Received all docs back in Special Delivery envelope i provided and of course my passport with residence sticker!

YEY! Gotta be one of the quickest turnarounds on this board , but I made sure to provide a tonne of info.

Let me know if you need any guidance as would be happy to help others get theres done quickly too.

Regards
Congrats! Very envious right about now...lol

kkworla

Travelling with EEA4 PR

Post by kkworla » Wed May 08, 2013 8:09 am

Hello, Can somebody help. I recieved my EEA4 PR last month and I want to travel to spain on a visit. Do I need to go for a visa or can I travel without a visa as my EEA3 in my passport has expired and am using the permanent residence now. I sincerely dont want to go for any visa since it takes too much hell of a time and stress to acquire one. Please your response will be much appreciated.

jml
Newly Registered

PR Received

Post by jml » Wed May 08, 2013 8:13 am

Hi all

I've been following all the comments here for some months, and I would like to share my case as it has been many months of lots of nerves...

16th Nov - EEA4 Received by UKBA
7th May - Permanent Residence Received (Issued 1st May)

That is a total of 5 months and 3 weeks.

Good luck to everybody!

kkworla

Travelling with EEA4 PR

Post by kkworla » Wed May 08, 2013 8:43 am

Hello, Can somebody help. I recieved my EEA4 PR last month and I want to travel to spain on a visit. Do I need to go for a visa or can I travel without a visa as my EEA3 in my passport has expired and am using the permanent residence now. I sincerely dont want to go for any visa since it takes too much hell of a time and stress to acquire one. Please your response will be much appreciated

WebMonkey

Post by WebMonkey » Wed May 08, 2013 9:38 pm

Jambo, quick question, it's been almost 7 months now and it seems like the COA expires within 6 months of the date issued, can one ask for a new one to be issued whilst they decided? I'm job hunting to enhance my career but have a funny feeling the new employers wont be happy with an expired COA

amigovio
Newly Registered

PR

Post by amigovio » Sun May 12, 2013 11:37 am

Hi All,

Just updating you.

I emailed a complaint for the delay of our EEA3 and EEA4 applications to Rob Whiteman, my MP and the UKBA complaints team. I got a reply from Rob Whiteman's secretary with the following info:

"Please note that Rob Whiteman is no longer Chief Executive of the UK Border Agency and his office is unable to handle complaints outside of the above process."

Can anyone advise who is the new boos of the UKBA? or who to send my complaint?

Thanks!

Tyro

Document sent with EEA4 today

Post by Tyro » Mon May 13, 2013 3:21 pm

Hi All,
I have sent my EEA4 to Liverpool today. Along with following documents.

My original passport + two photographs + duly filled EEA4
my wife's Passport (EU) + Her PR document + Marriage Certificate
5 years of council tax ( both mine and my wife's name is there)
5 Years of P60 of me
Covering letter and some extra utility bills in my name for different addresses.

I havn't included any work proof or exercising treaty rights proof of my wife, as she has already got her PR card. I have included this PR card with my application..

please comment if these documents should be sufficient for home office.

Many Thanks

WebMonkey

Post by WebMonkey » Wed May 15, 2013 6:14 pm

Anyone else still waiting from October 2012?

amigovio
Newly Registered

PR

Post by amigovio » Wed May 15, 2013 6:26 pm

WebMonkey wrote:Anyone else still waiting from October 2012?
I am an October 2012 applicant... still no news.

I found out that Sarah Rapson is the new Director of visas and immigration. I tried to email sarah.rapson@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk but it didn't work, the email bounced back. Any suggestions?

yankeegirl

Post by yankeegirl » Wed May 15, 2013 6:29 pm

Me. Well, actually end of September. I'm starting to get really frustrated. Two requests have been sent so far to at least get my husband's passport sent back, and they haven't even managed to do THAT.

WebMonkey

Re: PR

Post by WebMonkey » Wed May 15, 2013 6:30 pm

I am in the same boat as you.

1. Got my MP involved, they wrote to the UKBA, no news yet.
2. Raised a complaint with the UKBA directly
3. Requested my passport back on 22/04 - not received either
4. I chase the call centre every second day and get the same response, no decision has been made yet, please be patient.... blah blah
5. I've written to the home office to request a new COA as mine is now invalid according to the wording they have used.

So, in short, my hands are tied, nothing I can do but wait. Best bit is, I am in the process of applying for a job in another city and selling my house.

Bulldog
Newly Registered

Post by Bulldog » Fri May 17, 2013 1:27 pm

yankeegirl wrote:
Me. Well, actually end of September. I'm starting to get really frustrated. Two requests have been sent so far to at least get my husband's passport sent back, and they haven't even managed to do THAT.
"........."................
Hi all I was constantly following every one s comments since last November. I m September applicant as well. It is an agganising wait. I made numarous phone calls to UKBA regards to my application no joy out of it all. This week I manged to get hold of local MP s office and got him involved. But haven't got any reply yet. I emailed David.whiteman I think he still the chief executive as per their web site.

It's coming up to 8 months now!!!!!!!! Holiday season just around the corner....

let_koko

Post by let_koko » Fri May 17, 2013 6:36 pm

Hi guys
Am asking this question on behalf of my brother
Hes due to apply for his permanent card on monday and i note that HO are charging for EEA4 application but on the application form, there is no section for payment details
Please clarify this for me
Thanks

Bulldog
Newly Registered

Post by Bulldog » Tue May 21, 2013 2:18 pm

Bulldog wrote:
yankeegirl wrote:
Hi all I was constantly following every one s comments since last November. I m September applicant as well. It is an agganising wait. I made numarous phone calls to UKBA regards to my application no joy out of it all. This week I manged to get hold of local MP s office and got him involved. But haven't got any reply yet. I emailed David.whiteman I think he still the chief executive as per their web site.

Sorry it was Rob.whiteman

It's coming up to 8 months now!!!!!!!! Holiday season just around the corner....

DABAK
Newly Registered

Post by DABAK » Thu May 23, 2013 3:01 pm

do we have a right to sue UKBA if we do not receive the RC in time they stated in CoA (i.e. 6 months) ?

Plum70
Diamond Member

Post by Plum70 » Thu May 23, 2013 3:14 pm

DABAK wrote:do we have a right to sue UKBA if we do not receive the RC in time they stated in CoA (i.e. 6 months) ?
If you have sufficient grounds to do so e.g. loss of employment/earnings/business, substantial disruption to family life e.t.c.

You may also wish to escalate the UKBA's non-compliance with EU law to the European Commission. In my opinion, doing nothing is not an option!

DABAK
Newly Registered

Post by DABAK » Thu May 23, 2013 3:29 pm

Thanks plum_70. It has been 6 1/2 month since I made my application and it is usual story of waiting game and ignorance even to complaint letters. I will give it another 2 weeks and then seek for legal options. It would be useful if people give their successful EEE4 experinced solicitor / law firm names.

giruzz

Post by giruzz » Thu May 23, 2013 6:39 pm

WOAHHH!!! After 7.5 months we received our PRs

EEA3 & 4 applications sent 01/10/2012

EEA3 & 4 applications received by UKBA on 02/10/2012

COA received 12/10/2012 (dated 09/10/2012)

Complaint letter sent on 02/05/2013

EEA 3 & 4 received 23/05/2013 (dated 08/05/2013)

Funny enough, today I once again called the Home Office and they told me that the application was still in a queue without anyone looking at it.

Two 2hrs later I received a Royal Mail delivery - the envelop had the two passports with PRs. Another fine example of the right hand don't knowing what the left is doing. :-)

WebMonkey

Post by WebMonkey » Thu May 23, 2013 6:48 pm

giruzz wrote:WOAHHH!!! After 7.5 months we received our PRs

EEA3 & 4 applications sent 01/10/2012

EEA3 & 4 applications received by UKBA on 02/10/2012

COA received 12/10/2012 (dated 09/10/2012)

Complaint letter sent on 02/05/2013

EEA 3 & 4 received 23/05/2013 (dated 08/05/2013)

Funny enough, today I once again called the Home Office and they told me that the application was still in a queue without anyone looking at it.

Two 2hrs later I received a Royal Mail delivery - the envelop had the two passports with PRs. Another fine example of the right hand don't knowing what the left is doing. :-)
Congratulations! I'm quite envious right about now. My timeline is the same as yours so hoping it will come through soon. I've accepted an offer from a new job and the COA I have is out of date, so they can officially offer me anything until I have proof I can work in the UK which is highly distressing!

Plum70
Diamond Member

Post by Plum70 » Thu May 23, 2013 10:16 pm

Great stuff Giruzz. Enjoy!

dasjoker

Post by dasjoker » Wed May 29, 2013 2:59 pm

hi guys,

Just a quick question, I have been living in the UK since 2007, got married to EU german national in 2010, I applied RC in 2012 and was issued with RC valid till 2017, however we have been living together since 2008.. From 2008 to 2012 I used to have Turkish EEA Worker visa. I am planning to apply for EEA4 based on 5 years relationship 3 years marriage + 2 years civil partnership.
My question if I would get refuse, would they revoked my RC? or would be still valid?

rogerex

New application

Post by rogerex » Wed May 29, 2013 11:04 pm

Hi guys

I'm about to submit my EEA4 and what i read here rather worrying as I need my passport because I travel rather often due to the nature of my job. SO 6 months or more is not an option for me; I was expecting to get it in 2 weeks...or so I told my employer..

I'm submitting my passport and my EEA wife passport all her P60s; our marriage certificate; and her WRSs and payslips everything for her.

Is there anything I need to submit for myself? I don't see any reference on the form apart from the passport and the photos?

Many thanks for you help in advance.

WebMonkey

Post by WebMonkey » Thu May 30, 2013 10:51 am

One thing I'd strongly recommend for anyone submitting paperwork, would be to make copies of your passport.

Bulldog
Newly Registered

Post by Bulldog » Thu May 30, 2013 11:18 am

Bulldog wrote:
Bulldog wrote:
yankeegirl wrote:

Sorry it's rob whiteman

"......."..........................................
Hey..... Just received in post all documents with all family passport with completed PR documents for each, my wife and kids had PR docs attached in a blue folding cards mine was in my original passport, I guess because they all EEA nationals, glad I got em on time before holidays start ....Sunny sandy
Beaches here we come"............... :D

My time lines follow,,,

23 September 2012 documents send
24 September 2012 home office received
17 October 2012 COA received only for my self
Few phone calls in march and April 2013 to find out about our applications and remind COA for my wife and kids passport which we never received .....
Various phone calls from April 2013 onwards to check progress
PR received dated 7 th may 2013

2nd week of May 2013 got hold of local MP s email send out complaint letter and UKBA
Only thing I did in that complaint letter NOT been rude but been sensitively disclose the impact of not getting our docs back on time... Advise for all who is planning to send out complaint letters.

Good luck to all who's waiting out there....

pelebo
Newly Registered

Post by pelebo » Fri May 31, 2013 12:34 am

Does anybody know if i can submit my PR application without including my passport. I intend submit the application using my driver's license. This is due to the fact that I am pursuing a new employment which will require me to frequently travel oversea.