ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British National Marrying in Ontario, Canada

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

UberKrieger

British National Marrying in Ontario, Canada

Post by UberKrieger » Mon Apr 16, 2007 1:13 am

I am from the United Kingdom and have a British passport.

What requirements do I need to marry my Canadian fiancee in Ontario, Canada?

newuser
Newly Registered

Post by newuser » Mon Apr 16, 2007 1:48 am

none, just go and get married and register the marriage and then allow your fiancee to sponsor you for PR status

UberKrieger

Post by UberKrieger » Mon Apr 16, 2007 3:00 am

How much will it cost?

Will the marriage be recognized in the United Kingdom?

And will she be able to apply for settlement in the UK, Are the following documents the only ones i'm required to submit?
*printed e-application VAF2
*the appropriate fee, which is non-refundable (see Fees leaflet)
*your original valid passport
*your previous passport if your current one was issued less than a year ago
*your original Canadian Immigration document (e.g. original Canadian Permanent Resident Card)
*one recent passport size photograph taken in Canada (less than 6 months old). The photo must: show the full face centred in the middle of the photo; be clear and of good quality; be taken against a light background; be printed on normal photographic paper; be 45mm x 35mm in size; and be black and white or colour. Note: Professional digital photographs are acceptable.
*the original or a notarised copy of your sponsor's British Citizenship or Immigration status in the UK
*evidence of how you and your sponsor will support and accommodate yourselves and any other dependants in the UK (e.g. recent bank statements and mortgage papers)
*evidence of your sponsor's employment in the UK confirming his/her position and salary
*the original or a notarised copy of your government issued birth certificate
*for spouses: the original or a notarised copy of your government issued marriage certificate. You must obtain a marriage certificate by contacting the appropriate Provincial authority.
*a letter from your sponsor supporting your application
Does she have to sponsor me for PR status in Canada? I was hoping to sponsor her for settlement in the UK

newuser
Newly Registered

Post by newuser » Mon Apr 16, 2007 3:33 pm

u can sponsor her to UK and marriage should be recognized in UK as well as long as it is registered in Canada. (i think, not 100% sure though).
if not just marry her again in the UK!
docs u need will be the ones UK requires to issue a spouse PR visa....check the Home Office page of UK Immigration dept.

kairos

Post by kairos » Fri Apr 20, 2007 12:51 am

As long as the marriage is registered in Canada, it will be recognized in the UK. Congratulations!

UberKrieger

Post by UberKrieger » Fri Apr 20, 2007 7:21 pm

When applying for the settlement, does my wife and I attend an interview?

(I would prefer it that was rather than posting all my documents)