ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How long does it normally take to get a "join spouse vi

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jeupsy

Re: How long does it normally take to get a "join spous

Post by jeupsy » Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:38 pm

samia12 wrote:
Being the spouse of an Irish national its my right to live there. Why do they want to know how strong is the relationship i mean isn't marriage certificate enough to prove that the relationship is real. I knew my husband for an year before we got married, but still as long as your showing them your marriage certificates, they should issue you visa right away. Though its the lame law there. What countries in europe i could move to in case i don't get my visa?
I know this is frustrating, but there are quite a few people who are getting married just to get a visa but aren't really in a relationship... And finding out who is genuine and who isn't probably is a difficult task. I am certainly not saying it is right to make people wait for a year, but just that the decision making is not necessarily that easy and straight forward.

If you go to any other European country, you will be able to apply for a visa based on directive 2004/38. This is a directive to give a freedom of movement of EU citizens and their family members in other EU countries. It is much more flexible than national laws, but it only applies when the EU citizen is living in Europe but outside their home country.

samia12
Newly Registered

Re: How long does it normally take to get a "join spous

Post by samia12 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:59 am

jeupsy wrote:
samia12 wrote:
Being the spouse of an Irish national its my right to live there. Why do they want to know how strong is the relationship i mean isn't marriage certificate enough to prove that the relationship is real. I knew my husband for an year before we got married, but still as long as your showing them your marriage certificates, they should issue you visa right away. Though its the lame law there. What countries in europe i could move to in case i don't get my visa?
I know this is frustrating, but there are quite a few people who are getting married just to get a visa but aren't really in a relationship... And finding out who is genuine and who isn't probably is a difficult task. I am certainly not saying it is right to make people wait for a year, but just that the decision making is not necessarily that easy and straight forward.

If you go to any other European country, you will be able to apply for a visa based on directive 2004/38. This is a directive to give a freedom of movement of EU citizens and their family members in other EU countries. It is much more flexible than national laws, but it only applies when the EU citizen is living in Europe but outside their home country.
I called the Irish consulate just today. I asked them how long would it take for my visa, he told me it would take 15 to 16 weeks thats the minimum, n it usually takes longer than that. He was quite helpful, he told me if i want to get my visa,my husband should go to the Department of Justice in Ireland, and explain everything to them about us n my application, since he's an Irish national i could definitely get my visa then. Could anyone with some experience give some advice on what should we do now. Because i'm not just going to wait for years like others when i know spouse visa cases are that complicated

samia12
Newly Registered

2 months have passed still spouse visa is awaiting examinati

Post by samia12 » Fri May 17, 2013 9:22 pm

It's been almost 10 weeks n my application is still pendimg examination. Could anyone tell me how long does it take to examine the application? above a week? I applied for D visa n while filling in the form i selected multiple entry instead of single entry, i wasn't aware then. would this factor affect the issuing of my visa?